• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Syrinx

I actually sympathize with Fox a bit here. I said after the Saints beat us that the worst feeling as a football fan is going into a game thinking we had no chance, and coming out saying "We should have won that".

Plus I've said some not-so-kind things about Lovie.

jbug617

Banned
maybe he thought the flags were because of the Brady flop? Pats got the penalty on Devey for pushing a Jets DL (who pushed Brady late).

Every fucking game the Jets had a chance to win.

And they lost each fucking time because their fucking shitty ass gm is trying to throw this heac coach under the buss so he could tank for high picks.

But guess what his fucking picks suck.

kHmorT3.png

Saunders was a high 4th round pick and he didn't even make it 3 games.

Jets are gonna pay his fucking ass 400 grand a year to sit a home and jerk off to pizza hut ads.

Meanwhile the fucking GM tries to run his fucking orginazation like a union boss EXCEPT THE FUCKING TALENT HE IS TRYING TO CHEAP OUT ON ISN'T EVEN FUCKING GOOD

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...k-toasted-jets-gm-ripped-cb-article-1.1725044

THIS FUCKING SHIT IS CHESS NOT CHECKERS YOU FUCKING CHEAP ASS DIPSHIT MONEYBALL WANNABE SHIT SLOW BLIND ASS DUMB MOTHERFUCKER

Team went fucking 8-8 last year with a shit roster with the sole goal of clearing dead money.

And Idzik wants to holdover money so he can bring the next wife beating patterson mental break down for a fucking 100 million dollar deal while letting what talent you do have walk out the door

Not to make excuses, but how many picks do you figure have to pan out for a successful draft? I see a lot of people posting full drafts with 4th-7th round picks. The odds of those picks panning out into even average starters is like 30 percent across the entire league.

Patriots7

I once told a girl I voted for Obama and she said I was scum and refused to talk to me.

People are fucking weird.
I told a girl I voted for Obama.
It went great.

Until my fraternity brothers heard and told her I was the treasurer of our College Republican group.

*sigh*

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not to make excuses, but how many picks do you figure have to pan out for a successful draft? I see a lot of people posting full drafts with 4th-7th round picks. The odds of those picks panning out into even average starters is like 30 percent across the entire league.

was going to say this. Anything outside the first and 2nd is really starting to be a reach to be a significant contributer. The pats 1st and 2nd rounders though? Yikes.

jbug617

Banned
was going to say this. Anything outside the first and 2nd is really starting to be a reach to be a significant contributer. The pats 1st and 2nd rounders though? Yikes.

I think the 1st round picks have been fine. 2nd round picks however are horrible for the most part.

Fox318

He had 12 picks in the draft and he never traded up.

Instead he drafted players with injury history's and his top wr doesn't make it 4 games.

4th and 5th round picks are where a good gm is made.

Instead he trades the best player the jets have ever had and both the player to replace him and the 2nd player received from that trade aren't on the field.

All people were talking about in the off-season here was wr and cb.

The 2 things he needed. Instead he actually managed to make his secondary worse and he has David Nelson as the number 3 wr.

The players weren't even fucking good enough to make it on the special teams roster.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Instead he drafted players with injury history's and his top wr doesn't make it 4 games.

Instead he trades the best player the jets have ever had and both the player to replace him and the 2nd player received from that trade aren't on the field.

The 2 things he needed. Instead he actually managed to make his secondary worse and he has David Nelson as the number 3 wr.

The players weren't even fucking good enough to make it on the special teams roster.

4th and 5th round? I'm sorry that is simply false. The 4th and 5th round is an absolute crap shoot.

Trey

This is exactly how LJ sounded just before the season started, and the Bills are only marginally less terrible than he expected. There's hope for you!

Fox318

He drafted a cb in the first with 5 surgeries and another coming off an injury only to tear his acl the first day of camp. And he gave 3 million to a player that decided he would rather work as a janitor than play for him.

That was his plan at secondary.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He drafted a cb in the first with 5 surgeries and another coming off an injury only to tear his acl the first day of camp. And he gave 3 million to a player that decided he would rather work as a janitor than play for him.

That was his plan at secondary.

Bill drafted dominique this year who has 2 torn ACLs. As far as secondaries? How about going with Ras-I-Dowling with the 1st of the 2nd, Devin McCourty at the end of the first (who had a historically bad season at CB after his fluke first season), and nobodies in at saftey? Also Leigh Bodden at the end of the road who quickly went on the IR.

This is exactly how LJ sounded just before the season started, and the Bills are only marginally less terrible than he expected. There's hope for you!

Meanwhile the "best" CB the Jets had is now out for the season. That position should not have gotten worse for the team than it was in 2013 with a full year to fix it.

Fox318

4th and 5th round? I'm sorry that is simply false. The 4th and 5th round is an absolute crap shoot.
Jets got Chris ivory, Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell,Brad Smith, Kerry Rhodes, and Jerricho Cotchery in the 4th and 5th round in the past.

This gm got a wr who beats his wife, a we who drops easy balls, a wr who had seizures , and lb who has yet to dress up.

Fox318

Bill drafted dominique this year who has 2 torn ACLs. As far as secondaries? How about going with Ras-I-Dowling with the 1st of the 2nd, Devin McCourty at the end of the first (who had a historically bad season at CB after his fluke first season), and nobodies in at saftey? Also Leigh Bodden at the end of the road who quickly went on the IR.
You can get away with that shit when you have stability at the qb position.you can't when you are trying to develop one who's weapons include players he never had a snap with prior to game day.

Tavon Wilson.

Milchjon

That Amendola catch... He could've won us the Super Bowl :*(

Anyhow, for those who watched: How did the Jets have the ball all the time? Bad Pats run game? Passing game being worse than the highlights make it look?

Anyhow, for those who watched: How did the Jets have the ball all the time? Bad Pats run game? Passing game being worse than the highlights make it look?
Honestly it was just an even competition all around. The pats had a few bad 3 and outs and the jets were able to run all over them (no surprise really). Granted watching a game live is different than seeing it on TV so maybe there's some nitty gritty stuff that the pats did bad that didn't stick out to my naked eye, but really it just was a good game and the jets played well against the pats. They always prepare well for these match ups and it showed tonight.

jbug617

Banned

every time the Jets (Chris Ivory) ran the ball he basically got 5+ yds. Geno made some play with his legs and he really didn't over extend himself.

Farooq

Banned
If anyone from Cowboys-GAF wants an extended look at Parnell, he played in games in 2012 (remember when Tyron went down and when he was rotating with Free).

These were the games he played if you want to get a rough idea of Parnell's ability.

Played 74 snaps against the Browns (Week 10) after Tyron went down.
Started against the Redskins (Week 11) filling in for Tyron again.

In the two games above he filled in for Tyron at LT. In the following games below he rotated with Free at RT.

He rotated in for a series in Week 14 against the Bengals
Played a couple of series against the the Steelers in Week 15
Played about 40% of the snaps Week 16 against the Saints.
Played 40% of the snaps again in Week 17 against the Redskins.

If you want more recent tape, check this preseason.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You can get away with that shit when you have stability at the qb position.you can't when you are trying to develop one who's weapons include players he never had a snap with prior to game day.

Yeah, but finding stability at the QB position is tough. My point is anyways, that nobody is very good at drafting once you get past the 2nd, and MAYBE the 3rd round, but that's when it becomes luck.

Tavon Wilson.

I was really only including 1st rounders, Ras-I-dowling was borderline, and we traded down anyways to get to that spot. I posted a list a while back of their recent disasters, but for fun here's the secondary bill built.

Tavon Wilson
Duron Harmon(
Pat Chung
Brandon meriweater
Devin McCourty
darius butler
terrence wheatley
Jonanthan wilhite
nate ebner
Kyle Arrington

Then they brought in through FA

Shawn Springs
Leigh Bodden
Adrian Wilson
Steve Gregory
Sergio Brown
Sterling Moore

Things were so awful at the time, they kept trying to mix things up and find something that would stick. Hell for a while Julian Edelman was playing consistent minutes at CB. They were spending high and often on secondary and little to none of it stuck. What has stuck is McCourty who admittedly has panned out, but he kind of lucked into his role, Dennard who is VERY hit or miss, and unfortunately Arrington who is just garbage.

I think Dennard is becoming a liability

He is, it's unfortunate, because when he's right he's damn good.

Bread

Banned
I love that people will point to losing mayo after a game like this...dude was cooked before he went down and most pats fans are in denial about his effectiveness. We need a DE and a Mike linebacker to solidify this defense.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I love that people will point to losing mayo after a game like this...dude was cooked before he went down and most pats fans are in denial about his effectiveness. We need a DE and a Mike linebacker to solidify this defense.

I was on that Mayo is done train. It was pretty clear he was scared to go full contact, and he just did not feel comfortable moving laterally. He used to be amazing at keeping the play right in front of him, but he was always a step or 2 behind this year. His timing was off and people were easily shedding him. Jamie collins has made great strides since the horrible start and Hightower looks solid, but yeah they need another, and The interior of the line itself is in shambles, especially now that Vince isn't that beast anymore. Tommy Kelly could've helped a lot.

edit- also just look at what Moreno did week 1 and hell even last year. I have no idea why teams don't just pound it every play.

Top Bottom