• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Trey

Outside of the chargers game they could have won this and every other game they have lost if they just had 1 fucking extra cb and wr.

You know as well as I do it doesn't really work that way.

I mean it's a combination of bad luck and bad coaching IMO. The Jets roster isn't really worthy of 1-6.

Gotta say though 40 minutes in possession and around 350 yards of total offense is pretty putrid.

Most teams - maybe all of them - don't have one-win rosters on paper. It really comes down to execution. I can point to several plays that illuminate why the Pats won against the Bills. You can do the same here. Giving up a third and twenty for a score ranks high.

"If my team was good they'd win games."

Guess it takes Jets fans until week 7 to figure that out.

I personally think it's great that they're shit enough that the average fan considers them a joke and they'll never live Buttfumble down, but they win enough games that they'll never have the chance to ruin a great draft pick too

Patriots7

can this Pats team beat the Bears? Or the Broncos in two weeks? or forget that the colts in 3 weeks
I actually think the Bears would be worse than the Broncos.

Forte > any combination of the Broncos backup RB's.

Not to mention Marshall, Bennett AND Jeffrey.

Bears game will be ugly.

Dragon

Banned
I hope the next time the jets meet they go after the knees of tom brady.

Just like they did tonight to geno

iXthFqtpyk1zf.gif

Godslay

Banned
I guess Denver knows our pain too considering they were driving to tie the game if not for a Geno pick...

Jets only had the lead briefly in the first quarter. After that they were behind by a minimum of a TD for the remainder of the game.

Not to mention a noncall safety prior to the pick 6. Game didn't feel like this one. So I don't feel your pain sorry.

Dragon

Banned
Jets only had the lead briefly in the first quarter. After that they were behind by a minimum of a TD for the remainder of the game.

Not to mention a noncall safety prior to the pick 6. Game didn't feel like this one. So I don't feel your pain sorry.

Broncos are obviously better, but really who cares? They lost last year to the Patriots even though that was the case as well (and won when it counted).

Fox318

I'm sure the Patriots were terrified of Geno

Good way to stop the opposing teams offense os to injure the qb.

Patriots defense was soft as butter against a team with some of the worst pass catchers in the league.

So long can lift his head high as the only way his team was able to stop a team that ran the ball 2:1 was to go after the knees of geno.

Meanwhile Tom is flopping all over the field like a dutch soccer player

Fuck the pats
fuck Bill
and fuck Idzik and Woody.

They fucking threw away this season because Woody and Idzik wanted to try and apply his stupid fucking conservative beliefs when it came to handling payroll.

Team is gonna carry over 22 mil and have 14 mil of dead money coming off the books when the league payroll is expanding by 10 mil.

Fuck you idzik. They are gonna bring in that shit head defensife coodinator of seattle and afer 2 years him and idzik will be out and the process starts all fucking over again as outside of maybe 2 picks in 5 years turn out to be average players.

Jets will have the worst fucking record for the next 10 years that will make the raiders look like the fucking model organization while their owner runs this team like 3g capital.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
this is true they did beat the bengals

Hmm I don't think they can beat the Broncos or chargers

afc west is nasty this year

Godslay

Banned
Broncos are obviously better, but really who cares? They lost last year to the Patriots even though that was the case as well (and won when it counted).

I didn't bring them up. And we won when it actually meant elimination, so I'd say we won when it counted more technically.

Wow so glad I was at that game! Best $150 I've spent in a long time! Pats v Jets is usually a pretty close contest but I didn't expect a game like that!

I'm not gonna sing gloom and doom about the pats because 1) Im not a shitty fan and 2) the jets usually prepare for the Pats as if it were their super bowl game. With only a few exceptions most of the games between the two teams are close. Also Thursday night so what can I say? End of the day that was a great game that came down to the last play and I'm so glad I was there to experience it.

Though I think it will be about a week before I get my voice back...

Trey

Just a reminder.

tom-brady-dive-againsiisfr.gif

This is the quintessence of the current National Football League. You even saunter in the general direction of a franchise QB you get laundry thrown in every direction, but random DTs flying into the knees of the likes of Geno Smith doesn't even elicit an eyebrow raise.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is the quintessence of the current National Football League. You even saunter in the general direction of a franchise QB you get laundry thrown in every direction, but random DTs flying into the knees of the likes of Geno Smith doesn't even elicit an eyebrow raise.

I'm going to assume you didn't watch the game.

Fox318

I'd be pissed too. The Patriots were awful in the game.

Every fucking game the Jets had a chance to win.

And they lost each fucking time because their fucking shitty ass gm is trying to throw this heac coach under the buss so he could tank for high picks.

But guess what his fucking picks suck.

kHmorT3.png

Saunders was a high 4th round pick and he didn't even make it 3 games.

Jets are gonna pay his fucking ass 400 grand a year to sit a home and jerk off to pizza hut ads.

Meanwhile the fucking GM tries to run his fucking orginazation like a union boss EXCEPT THE FUCKING TALENT HE IS TRYING TO CHEAP OUT ON ISN'T EVEN FUCKING GOOD

The Jets, in desperate need of a quality cornerback, squandered a golden opportunity to lock up Rodgers-Cromartie, who was the best available player at his position. DRC visited the Jets Friday and Saturday, but Idzik, whose deliberate style has drawn criticism across the league and within his own organization since the start of free agency last week, couldn’t close the deal.

One member of the organization admitted that Idzik “operates on his own time and schedule.”

“It’s unbelievable,” the Jets source incredulously told the Daily News.
Idzik’s methods haven’t just become grating within the building. People across the league describe him as a stubborn negotiator who has difficulty finalizing deals.

It took two months to complete in-house free-agent tight end Jeff Cumberland’s relatively straightforward three-year contract, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

One league source said Idzik works at “glacial speed.” Another person who has dealt with Idzik through the years says he’s “way too deliberate” and has difficulty meeting in the middle for deals.

“They’re slow,” said a person who negotiated with the Jets in the past week. “John’s going to be very meticulous. He’s going to allow the market to come to him rather than him go out and create the market.”

The Jets, coming off an 8-8 season, are not in all-in mode like the Broncos, but they supposedly have a win-now mind-set. They’re not entering a rebuilding season. Ryan can’t afford to miss the playoffs for a fourth consecutive season.

Idzik promised an aggressive approach to free agency, according to his co-workers, but the Jets have done little except add wide receiver Eric Decker, a solid addition to a poor wide receiving corps, and made a lateral move, at best, by replacing right tackle Austin Howard with Breno Giacomini.

Some player reps felt like the Jets had questionable practices when the league’s three-day negotiating window opened 10 days ago. “There was interest… but at what level?” said one agent, who spoke to the Jets brass during free agency. “It wasn’t the level that they had led on.”

The Jets brass actually apologized to at least one player-rep after the team misled him in their interest level, according to a source.

Idzik has attended at least two Pro Days since the start of free agency. Although that doesn’t necessarily preclude him from closing a deal, it has interfered with the free-agent visit schedules.

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders was originally going to visit the team’s Florham Park facility last Friday, but Idzik’s decision to go to Texas Tech Pro Day precluded the player from making the trip. Sanders eventually signed with the Broncos.

Idzik didn’t return a message from the News about the matter.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...k-toasted-jets-gm-ripped-cb-article-1.1725044

THIS FUCKING SHIT IS CHESS NOT CHECKERS YOU FUCKING CHEAP ASS DIPSHIT MONEYBALL WANNABE SHIT SLOW BLIND ASS DUMB MOTHERFUCKER

Team went fucking 8-8 last year with a shit roster with the sole goal of clearing dead money.

And Idzik wants to holdover money so he can bring the next wife beating patterson mental break down for a fucking 100 million dollar deal while letting what talent you do have walk out the door

Calls get blown all the time

Top Bottom