• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

That's a pretty bullshit ending, you should be able to decline delay of game especially in a situation like that where the entire play was executed normally and the whistle didn't even happen until after the kick.

I don't even know how Detroit won after that ending. Why did they run it up the middle twice, kneel and risk losing the game on a spike that could have been messed up just to get the clock down to 4 seconds?

Fox318

lololol Falcons.

Hell of a come back, but shit, there's no way they should have bungled that ending. The stoppage of the clock and then throwing it on 3rd down when they could have wasted another 40 seconds.

No way Mike Smith lasts another season.

linkboy

Fuck this game. Just like offsides for the offense, delay of game should be a free play for the defense with the chance to decline the penalty for the defense. You basically just gave prater a practice kick

Delay of game is a dead ball foul, offsides isn't

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
How on fucking earth does this game happen?

I don't fucking get it. How can our team be this shitty and yet still this good?! Why did we win and yet I'm completely infuriated?! I NEED TO START DRINKING RIGHT NOW.
Oh my god I'm so glad I'm not drinking right now.

Lions did not play well. But I mean, they're just absolutely dedicated by injuries too. So who knows.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How many times have penalties bailed out the opposing team? Nice to see it go our way for once.

Doorman

Fuck this game. Just like offsides for the offense, delay of game should be a free play for the defense with the chance to decline the penalty for the defense. You basically just gave prater a practice kick

That works for offsides, but in the case of Delay of Game, it's a penalty that technically occurs before the ball is snapped. The play, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist. Not all delay of game penalties occur with that split second before the snap, after all, so it can't be judged that way.

Godslay

Banned
That's a pretty bullshit ending, you should be able to decline delay of game especially in a situation like that where the entire play was executed normally and the whistle didn't even happen until after the kick.

I don't even know how Detroit won after that ending. Why did they run it up the middle twice, kneel and risk losing the game on a spike that could have been messed up just to get the clock down to 4 seconds?

Presnap. Doesn't make sense to decline as the play doesn't really exist.

What the fuck this year. No lead is safe. I blame the Steelers. We set the stage by letting the Browns back in it in week 1 and now everyone thinks "if the Browns can do it, so can we."

Colasante

I think it'd be understandable if the Falcons fired Mike Smith this offseason. I don't think it's necessary, but I'd understand it at this point.

Velcro Fly

They should fire him right now. They could have knelt twice and pinned them inside the 20 and easily won the game. Even with giving up massive chunks of yards to Golden Tate immediately there just wouldn't be time. How the fuck are you still handing off with your garbage run game and then to fucking pass on 3rd down instead of taking 40 seconds off the clock. Falcons are worthless lol

Top Bottom