• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Bitanator

Dumbass loss the the boys tonight. U ave 8 yds a carry with murray and u dont run it on 3rd and 4. Idiot play calling.

I thought I was tossed back to 2011-13 absolute dumb ass decision, We win games when Murray gets 20 carries, and that mother fucker was in Beast Mode, probably would have picked up 10 on that run

Fantomex

Cardinals have a solid team, with one of the best defenses. One of the solid surprises of this year that I personally did not expect. I just think that we match up great against you guys (and every team in the NFL, in my opinion).

But for whatever reason whenever we travel to Arizona we lost even when I expect otherwise.

The Lions next 3 games are:

Week 11: Vs. Dolphins (W)

And then the Cardinals and Patriots Week 12 and 13 on the road. I think we split one of those but both will be tough games.

Quoted for future reference.

Fantomex

God please beat them. Although it's not like it'll change kas's outlook...

Still, they did lose to Buffalo.

I can only hope, but then again. The Dolphins have a way of letting me down when I really need them to come through. Our pass rush is what I have a lot of faith in.

Kas, will you humor us with a hypothetical? What will you say about your team if you lose all three of these next three games? Don't duck the question with a "won't happen" just humor the hypothetical.

MechDX

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein · 2h2 hours ago
Guys, go ahead and call our show right now so you can be the first on at 6 AM to request the Texans trade for Colt McCoy. 713-212-5790

When Lance posted this he was already too late. Shit is all over twitter

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, will you humor us with a hypothetical? What will you say about your team if you lose all three of these next three games? Don't duck the question with a "won't happen" just humor the hypothetical.

It's our bye week, so I'm going to take a break on predictions and hypoticals this week. I'll let the standings, stats, .gifs and pics do the work. I've made enough predictions, right and wrong.

We've always had the talent but the biggest improvement is Coach Caldwell, the coaching staff and how've they brought this team together. You can't coach comradery or a locker room bond. You see the Bears infighting? We lose Megatron? Next man up. We lose Stephen Tulloch? Next man up. We lose Reggie Bush or Jouqie Bell? Next man up.

Coach Caldwell Postgame lockeroom speech after the Falcons"

This teams talent has always been undeniable. Coach Caldwell through all the injuries has steered this team in a way that Schwartz could've and never would. This Lions locker room believes and our record and stats back it up.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just saw this James Ihedigbo postgame interview. Watch and listen.

This is what I knew about this team and you can see what separates us from almost every team in the league except maybe the Patriots, Packers and Broncos. This team knows it should win, has all the (young) talent to win and has the leadership to win when things are down and out.

James: "It's important in this league winners find a way to win and losers find a way to lose."

Reporter question: "What happened after halftime in the locker room?"

Ihedigbo: "Our defensive coordinatior, Coach Austin, came in and had a few things to say to us.............you seeing guys like Cassius Vaughn..that's what it's about, is guys across the board steeping up, doesn't matter who it is we all call ourselves playmakers, making plays to win."

Reporter question: What's going through your head especially win you see Prater miss and then make it?"

James Ihedigbo: "First and foremast we got Matt Stafford, we knew we were going to win. That's the comeback kid.
"

www.detroitlions.com/media-center/v...y_to_win/6c8fa34b-b209-4e4c-b8be-19a6dd53aa29

Dumbass loss the the boys tonight. U ave 8 yds a carry with murray and u dont run it on 3rd and 4. Idiot play calling.

The two biggest mishaps with play calling was the 2nd and goal after the long Murray run and the 2nd 2 we had in overtime. Shit was ridiculous how they didn't give the ball to Murray both those times when we needed 2 or 3 yards.

Yeah we're 6-2, but we got a tough schedule coming up especially after the bye week. We can beat the Cardinals next week and will most likely beat the Jaguars if we go into the bye week with a 7-3 record or a 8-2 record we will be in good shape. Coming back from the bye week though we face the Eagles twice, the Giants once, the Redskins once and we have the Colts and Chicago. The divisional games can go either way and the Colts and Bears are tough teams to beat not to mention 4 out of 6 of those are road games. We definitely have a tough road ahead of us that's why it was so important to stack wins right now. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement.

Skele7on

Banned
Holy mother of god.

So I went to the Lions game on Sunday at Wembley.

What a god damn game, Seriously, at half time I thought my Lions were done.

But no, I should have known the fourth quarter heroes would be back.

But that kick, THANK YOU FOR DELAY OF GAME....

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

WOW, and after seeing GB lose too, I can honestly say

THIS IS OUR YEAR.

RESTORE THE ROAR!!!

Mideon

Holy mother of god.

THIS IS OUR YEAR.

RESTORE THE ROAR!!!

You will crumble towards the end as always GB will come through in the end.

cajunator

Banned
Holy mother of god.

THIS IS OUR YEAR.

RESTORE THE ROAR!!!

Youre welcome!

Top Bottom