• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

brentech

How many guys will stick out a single arm "trying" to tackle. House doesn't even try to use an arm, just throws out the weakest shoulder tackle ever

Draconian

I love the tackling from our secondary on Ingram. Let's not try to make a proper tackle, let's just throw ourselves at his legs and pray he goes down.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Jimmy Graham had a tough upbringing? I heard he also might have played basketball in college. Any truth to that?

But then you deincentivize long TDs, also what about defensive TDs

I mean you still kick it from the 2 yard line, but the ball is placed in line with where the ball crossed the endzone. So if someone dives over the pylon the extra point is kicked from the sideline. If a tight end catches a slant right in the middle of the end zone then the extra point is kicked from the middle of the field.

It's why you see rugby players run towards the middle of the field before touching the ball down, it gives them an easier conversion.

So with this rule change, throwing a fade to the back corner of the end zone results in a much more difficult extra point angle than a FB dive.

Bread

Banned
Hey we got a 52 yard pass td. Well we can kiss our chances of the extra point goodbye. Better shot at going for two. Which defeats the purpose of the extra point differentiating a TD from two FGs in practice
he meant the place on the field where you cross the goal line, not where the play started lol

I mean you still kick it from the 2 yard line, but the ball is placed in line with where the ball crossed the endzone. So if someone dives over the pylon the extra point is kicked from the sideline. If a tight end catches a slant right in the middle of the end zone then the extra point is kicked from the middle of the field.

It's why you see rugby players run towards the middle of the field before touching the ball down, it gives them an easier conversion.

OK I misunderstood then. I'm still not a fan though.

Top Bottom