• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

1391824829538.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
If you had told me this morning that the game would've been tied at the half, I would've been relieved.

We're playing up or down to the level of our competition, apparently.

Hmm...

Well, at least we didn't give up the TD.

Gotta force some TOs in the 2nd half. Expect Brees to be able to move the ball, but we've barely made him sweat for it.

should've eased up in coverage on that last play and let him complete

He wanted the pick to deny the FG.

If anyone wondered whether the Voice was some glorified celebrity variety show it's evident when none of your promos feature footage from contestants

Greg

He wanted the pick to deny the FG.

If anyone wondered whether the Voice was some glorified celebrity variety show it's evident when none of your promos feature footage from contestants
they had no timeouts and he burned a lot of time in the pocket - no way they could clock it in time if they completed

Rodney's such an idiot. Saints playing coverage had nothing to do with us kicking 3 FGs in that half.
Uh... yes it did?

I mean, us getting into 1st and 20+ twice also contributed (along with the drunk McCarthy play call), but mostly by allowing the Saints to sit back in coverage...

Draconian

Uh... yes it did?

I mean, us getting into 1st and 20+ twice also contributed (along with the drunk McCarthy play call), but mostly by allowing the Saints to sit back in coverage...

?

Saints have been playing coverage the entire half. What, you thought they'd just start blitzing like there's no tomorrow all of a sudden? When have they even shown the inclination of doing that?

Penalties and stupid playcalling from Mike have more to do with it. Saints coverage has by and large been torched just as much as ours has.

can you actually change his position?

i might put mccluster at slot receiver if you can

You can change positions during the offseason, not sure if you can change QBs to WR but hopefully it's possible. Webb is 6'4 and has crazy hops (90+ jumping), would be instantly better than the shit I've got right now like Jacoby Ford and Trindon Holliday.

Going to pump every bit of XP into Pryor's deep ball accuracy and just bomb it 50 yards downfield for Joe Webb to go up and get it.

It's a foolproof plan.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck is Peter Pan live a real thing? Why is Walken playing Hook? That seems like a SNL skit or something. Jesus, working at NBC must be easy.

cajunator

Banned
We do have more rushing tds now though so Brees hasnt had to pass into the endzone as often. I prefer that though. Safer way to score td's

Bread

Banned
You can change positions during the offseason, not sure if you can change QBs to WR but hopefully it's possible. Webb is 6'4 and has crazy hops (90+ jumping), would be instantly better than the shit I've got right now like Jacoby Ford and Trindon Holliday
take my jon baldwin

pls

Also, good to know about the position change stuff. I can probably find a RB more easily than I can find a slot receiver.

Farooq

Banned
I did hear a stat on the radio the other day that last year the Cowboys defense averaged a touchdown against them every 8 plays or something like that, and it's the exact same thing this year, but with their time of possession the defense is on the field an average of 8 plays less. They have like 4 wins by less than a touchdown, or something like that.

In other words, once a run defense manages to stop Murray and the game gets placed back in the hands of the holy Romo, they're finished.

Even if Dallas' run game suffers, the offense has a great offensive line and Romo has a plethora of weapons. They lead the league in converting 3rd downs, partly because of how much time Romo is afforded in the pocket and the increasing number of targets available. The amount of weapons and the offensive line allow the Cowboys to be multiple with their personnel packages and thus they are a hard team to defend.

How many people from that PSA are going to end up in court on domestic violence charges?

take my jon baldwin

pls

Also, good to know about the position change stuff. I can probably find a RB more easily than I can find a slot receiver.

Sorry bro, I need my draft picks so I can continue to ignore my offence by drafting 3rd string defensive linemen.

duxstar

Man ...... i don't feel confident in any of the teams this year. Like seriously if you are a fan of a top 15 team this year do you feel confident against any other top 15 teams ??

If your Denver do you feel good going into Green Bay, if your Indianapolis do you feel good playing Baltimore ? If your the seahawks do you feel good playing Philadelphia. It's so weird this year that I don't feel any of the teams are dominant. The best team (The bronco's) I wouldn't trust at all in the playoffs, and have had all of their toughest games at home if my memory serves me right (Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego).

Top Bottom