• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

The Cardinals are the only team ahead of us in the NFC? The Carson Palmer Cardinals?

Yeah, you know, the same QB that got us to 10 wins last year in the best division in Football (in 2013) while learning a new offense, new coach, new team, etc etc How many wins did Fatford get you with the same team in an inferior division? Keep talking Kas! Keep talking!

cashman

Banned
I'm good now, shouldn't have posted what I posted.

When I saw Romo on the ground, just saw all my playoff hopes go down the drain. It is not Washington's fault, they just played the game. If Romo checked his protection, shit wouldn't have happened. Not to say it couldn't have happened on a play against the Texans, Giants, or whatever team Dallas faces. Just sucks knowing your QB is out and may never be the same.

Emotions got the better of me.

Garrett is saying it's a back contusion, so I think Romo might be okay. I feel like other teams will use Haslett's strategy to do all out blitzes on Romo now which worries me. I'll be pretty satisfied to make it to the bye week at 7-3.

Fantomex

When did you get to decide who makes OT threads? I seriously don't even know what team you root for.

And why are you so scared of the Lions?

I had one ready last week but saw Grover was posting one. I had no hard feelings. Grover is a a Carolina fan, he should get dibs because they'll never win a Super Bowl. Once I understood that, I have enjoyed his threads greatly.

Farooq

Banned
Garrett is saying it's a back contusion, so I think Romo might be okay. I feel like other teams will use Haslett's strategy to do all out blitzes on Romo now which worries me. I'll be pretty satisfied to make it to the bye week at 7-3.

Meh, Garrett said his foot was the problem after the Washington game last year. Hoping for the best, but obviously nothing is certain until he gets an MRI, which I hope he does.

Edit: Blitzing is Arizona's foundation. It won't get any easier next week.

So I choose to play Bayonetta over watching the game and Dallas loses. So the Cardinals have the best record. Glad the're doing well again. Can't wait to play them again in 3 weeks. We gotta get y'all back since we haven't beat them since '05.

minx

Kas doesn't deserve to make a thread. No OT should be dedicated to one team nor be made by a delusional troll who fails to have the ability to hold a serious NFL discussion. Plus someone else called this week.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I had one ready last week but saw Grover was posting one. I had no hard feelings. Grover is a a Carolina fan, he should get dibs because they'll never win a Super Bowl. Once I understood that, I have enjoyed his threads greatly.

Grover is that dude and one of the few that secretly knew this Lions team would be great, if we stayed healthy. We did not stay healthy and we're #2 in the NFC going into a bye week. I thought the thread would be up right after the game so that was my bad and I didn't know he was working on it.

When I said my OT was ready it was a simple OT with some Stafford pics, rankings, Lions .gifs, schedule that I put together. Apologies, Grover. Hope I don't get called a bigot by bionics' hating ass.

Grover is that dude and one of the few that secretly knew this Lions team would be great, if we stayed healthy. We did not stay healthy and we're #2 in the NFC going into a bye week. I thought the thread would be up right after the game so that was my bad and I didn't know he was working on it.

When I said my OT was ready it was a simple OT with some Stafford pics, rankings, Lions .gifs, schedule that I put together. Apologies, Grover. Hope I don't get called a bigot by bionics' hating ass.

Dallas is number two, must be due to conference record but I'm too lazy to check right now. Still, second best record in conference isn't shabby!

Spinluck

Hopefully it never sees the light of day.

Narag

Pats and Broncos would have advanced to the Super Bowl together if they were both 100% healthy, constructing some sort of super team from the 106 players that might have matched the Seahawks.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Dallas is number two, must be due to conference record but I'm too lazy to check right now. Still, second best record in conference isn't shabby!

Cardinals have a solid team, with one of the best defenses. One of the solid surprises of this year that I personally did not expect. I just think that we match up great against you guys (and every team in the NFL, in my opinion).

But for whatever reason whenever we travel to Arizona we lost even when I expect otherwise.

The Lions next 3 games are:

Week 11: Vs. Dolphins (W)

And then the Cardinals and Patriots Week 12 and 13 on the road. I think we split one of those but both will be tough games.

Cardinals have a solid team, with one of the best defenses. One of the solid surprises of this year that I personally did not expect. I just think that we match up great against you guys (and every team in the NFL, in my opinion).

But for whatever reason whenever we travel to Arizona we lost even when I expect otherwise.

The Lions next 3 games are:

Week 11: Vs. Dolphins (W)

And then the Cardinals and Patriots Week 12 and 13 on the road. I think we split one of those but both will be tough games.

I told you guys we'd have a nice year all season long and why ;) I mean, we're coming off of a 10 win season where we won 7 of the last 9 games, shouldn't have been much of a surprise. Lions were one of the three games I said could mess up our 11 win season potentially but now Dallas is an unexpected tough game. Fortunately we stuff the run which is what has led Dallas to all this success and we blitz like crazy so I think Dallas will have a rough time against us. As for Detroit, you can't beat us at home and we're undefeated here this year so I'm not too worried ;) You were pretty healthy in the two previous losses and this team of ours is much better than the last two times we played :) Your team is playing much better this year too so it should be a close one and I'll be there to watch it in person!

Top Bottom