• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Congrats to Grober, Bowser and any other Panthers fans.

Congrats to Tabris and any other Bronco fans.
j/k Slay!

I'm expecting a 48-3 style whipping in the Bowl.

Did I miss any exciting P*triot fan meltdowns?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He looked bad because he was hit 20 damn times. He'll be fine next season and hopefully they pick up some oline talent to give him a chance to succeed.

It wasn't his arm that looked bad, he had plenty of zip like the strike down the seam late to gronk, but yeah the o-line is an absolute disgrace.

Honestly people might think I'm crazy, but they should've pulled cannon, flipped vollmer back to RT and then patchworked at LT, or toss cannon there and see if his toe was able to do any better. At the very least you'll have one effective tackle or give him a chance to be effective.

Bread

Banned

j/k Slay!

Dragon told someone to kill themselves but that's about it nothing too crazy

Both defenses were playing a similar approach - make the QB beat you with his arm.
sure, but one defense was able to generate consistent pressure with 3 man fronts.

Furyous

No matter what happens in the Super Bowl, we all win because New England will not be there.

Yes, this is true but that's taking away from Panthers and Broncos greatness.

CardsGAF: we'll get em next year. Hats off to the team for playing hard all the way through and reaching this point. This stings really really bad but you can't win them all for reasons I obviously won't get into.

Let's not even mention them or any team that did not make it to the Super Bowl.

Speaking of making it to the Super Bowl...

Hats off to the Carolina Panthers. They played a solid game and Cam Newton busted out his Nemesis costume when they needed him to. I love the fact that Ted Ginn Jr. contributed it to a team reaching the Super Bowl. He comes from a really rough place in city that's hard to make it out of. Salute to the Glenville alum for making the city proud again.

Guys, we're in for a damn good time as Cam Newton gets to TALK ALL THE SHIT IN THE WORLD DURING TIME BEFORE THIS GAME.

WHERE'S NOLAN NAWROCKI????????????????

Can PanthersGAF do me a favor and find Nolan's pre draft assessment filled with more code words than an RNC reaction speech to the ACA?

BigAT

j/k Slay!

Dragon got emotional and got himself banned.

Manning did what he needed to do. I think it will be way tougher in the super bowl as Carolina are way better than the pats but any given Sunday and all

sure, but one defense was able to generate consistent pressure with 3 man fronts.

True, but I don't feel they were getting there any faster than any other team that faced the Pats this season. They've carved up tons of Dime defenses because none of those guys managed to mess with the receivers timing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
kwuir0T.jpg

Getts may be the GOAT for getting this team from cap hell to Super Bowl in 3 years.

But all the credit in the world has to go to Hurney too.

Cam
TD
Luke
Captain Kalil

The very core of this team, all brought in Marty.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ducks all day. His arm is dead. Kraft and his horrible two tone shirts and belichek and team hoodie are doomed. Dooooooomed

tumblr_ma0sioGZyE1rq4no1o3_r1_250.gif

Dragon got got

Dragon got emotional and got himself banned.

Thx. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

Bread

Banned
True, but I don't feel they were getting there any faster than any other team that faced the Pats this season. They've carved up tons of Dime defenses because none of those guys managed to mess with the receivers timing.
We'll have to look at the stats, but it seemed to me like he was getting pushed forward into the pocket way quicker than he had in any other game this season. Their defensive ends were torching the tackles.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

no they were definitely getting there as quick as I've seen it all year. To be fair the final few games were somewhat similar, but cannon/fleming had a few plays where they couldn't even get a finger on Miller, no exageration.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
no they were definitely getting there as quick as I've seen it all year. To be fair the final few games were somewhat similar, but cannon/fleming had a few plays where they couldn't even get a finger on Miller, no exageration.

Truth.com. Von Miller was teleporting on some plays.

We'll have to look at the stats, but it seemed to me like he was getting pushed forward into the pocket way quicker than he had in any other game this season. Their defensive ends were torching the tackles.

I feel like Brady was getting jittery, sure. He took a few early hits due to bad line play and that put his head on a swivel all game.

All i'm saying is that was facilitated more on the back end. Haven't seen Brady Pat..pat..pat..pat.....pat the football like that in a long time.

Thomas Davis has a broken arm.

If he says he'll play, I believe it. Panthers have experience not playing with the compliment of LB (Luke missed a month and Shaq Thompson was out for a while after the first Seattle game) so if AJ Klein has to go, it's not the end of the world.

Brady got hurried up a ton lol
Was also SHOOK from getting hit X thinking of getting hit

Deep ball is shit but he can still pass

Spend money for an O line Kraft you dummy

Duxxy3

Nah, this was the fastest to Brady this season.

Not having any semblance of a running game (you can blame that on scheme, talent or injuries (whatever you like)) obviously did not help them. It's one of the many things the offense needs to take a look at in the off season.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I feel like Brady was getting jittery, sure. He took a few early hits due to bad line play and that put his head on a swivel all game.

All i'm saying is that was facilitated more on the back end. Haven't seen Brady Pat..pat..pat..pat.....pat the football like that in a long time.

trust me I agree he got jittery as fuck. If they had sustained a drive or 2 earlier it owuldn't have gotten to him as much, but the playcalling and some crazy bad tackle play out of cannon/vollmer really took their confidence.

I also think edelmans foot may have factored, I could be wrong, but I was never sold on him being 100%. David Chao the sports doctor on twitter was saying the metal bars in the shoes used for Jones fracture patients sap a lot of burst/explosiveness. He looked good last week, but Talib/Harris are a different story. On top of that Lafell has regressed to carolina level of bad.

I'm shocked that it came down to the final play, and I'll give some credit to brady for finally nutting up at the end, but he definitely deserves a lot of blame. The majority would lie on the o-line for me though, and Josh McDaniels straight up mind boggling play calling.

Denvers offense is going to have to play a lot better against Carolina. I'm surprised at how the pats pretty much shut down their running game considering the last time they played.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats had 9 man boxes all night they better have shut down the run game.

was going to say this. They clearly beefed up to stop the run and dared manning to throw, and to his credit he did early. The coaching just was so sure of its plan and they failed to adapt until it was too late.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Imma go

Carolina - 30
Denver - 13

Way to many people counting the Broncos out. Carolina should win but maybe they go into the game overly confident.

I know this for sure, the Broncos and that whole team will be the underdogs and they'll have a chip on their shoulders.

Pressure will be on the Panthers and not the Broncos.

Duxxy3

trust me I agree he got jittery as fuck. If they had sustained a drive or 2 earlier it owuldn't have gotten to him as much, but the playcalling and some crazy bad tackle play out of cannon/vollmer really took their confidence.

I also think edelmans foot may have factored, I could be wrong, but I was never sold on him being 100%. David Chao the sports doctor on twitter was saying the metal bars in the shoes used for Jones fracture patients sap a lot of burst/explosiveness. He looked good last week, but Talib/Harris are a different story. On top of that Lafell has regressed to carolina level of bad.

I'm shocked that it came down to the final play, and I'll give some credit to brady for finally nutting up at the end, but he definitely deserves a lot of blame. The majority would lie on the o-line for me though, and Josh McDaniels straight up mind boggling play calling.

I'd put Lafell at the top of the cut list. I don't expect to see Scott Chandler or Mayo back either. Mayo should probably retire and join the coaching staff (it would be immediate).

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 5m5 minutes ago
Colts corner Vontae Davis named to Pro Bowl. He replaces Broncos corner Chris Harris Jr., who's in the Super Bowl

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David replaces Broncos linebacker DeMarcus Ware in Pro Bowl

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Buccaneers guard Logan Mankins replaces Panthers guard Trai Turner in Pro Bowl

This is important

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'd put Lafell at the top of the cut list. I don't expect to see Scott Chandler or Mayo back either. Mayo should probably retire and join the coaching staff (it would be immediate).

Mayo is definitely cap casualty, his number is massive. DA will need another restructure if he's going to stay too. Lafell is definitely in danger of losing his job but....

I don't think Lafell ever recovered from his foot injury. He was so reliable last year.

yeah he just was not the same person this year, his routes and timing were a disaster from pretty much day 1. Maybe if he has a full training camp he can get back into the swing of things, if not they'll have to bring in somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom