• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Yeah that was a catch but man does the NFL need to go into the offseason and define just what is a bloody catch. Why does their rulebook have to be so confusing?

untitled-201bxpg.gif

bionic77

Had to be a catch. If he dropped the ball at that point it would have been a fumble in my opinion.

Momentum back to Cards. Now let's see if they can get out of their own way.

bionic77

ok i dont know anymore. again i think it IS a catch, but based on the way the NFL has called it the past few years, that's not a catch. officials!
He took 6 steps. 5 after he got possession.

Has to be a catch. Should be a fumble at that point if the ball comes out too.

I think when it is only 1-3 steps that's where the fuckery comes into play.

He took 6 steps. 5 after he got possession.

Has to be a catch. Should be a fumble at that point if the ball comes out too.

I think when it is only 1-3 steps that's where the fuckery comes into play.

ive seen cleaner plays be ruled no catch over the past couple years is my point. i agree that there is no question that should be a catch, but officials have consistently been ruling it the other ways on similar plays

It shouldn't be this fucking hard to decide what is and isn't a catch. It shouldn't be this complicated.
Seriously.

Did he have the ball when he hit the ground?

Did the receiver prevent the ball from touching the ground?

If the answer to both these questions is yes than its a catch. All of this nonsense about control and the ball moving is just cluttered nonsense that unnecessarily complicates the rules.

Top Bottom