• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

JaMarco

Colston is done. Has been done. Needs to be put out to pasture.

I love the guy and have the utmost respect and admiration for what he has accomplished but he just isn't an NFL starting receiver anymore.

....Problem is that outside of Cooks we don't have anyone to replace him with.
Just feed the ball to Jimm...oh yeah nvm.

brentech

I think every team got a big lesson from the Packers in fielding onside kicks.

tears.gif

Doorman

GG Bolts. Thank you for putting me back into my proper mindset right off the bat instead of trying to let my heart cling to false hope for the season.

minx

But someone on this very forum said that NO ONE could keep up with the Lions offense! That STAFFORD was ELITE! Lolololololol

Spinluck

Pardon my Peyton stanning...

BAL is one of the best defenses in the league. How many teams will look good versus this team? Peyton is no doubt diminished, but he can still guide a talented team to the SB better than all but about 15 other humans

--- AZ defies the odds of regression

Peyton needs to be demoted to game manager status.

If he can at least make intermediate throws, they might have a chance.

But in the postseason where he has already struggled against defenses, it's not likely. He would need a 2000 or 2006 BAL tier defense.

Pardon my Peyton stanning...

BAL is one of the best defenses in the league. How many teams will look good versus this team? Peyton is no doubt diminished, but he can still guide a talented team to the SB better than all but about 15 other humans

--- AZ defies the odds of regression
The last like, three times Manning and the Broncos played this Ravens defense they put up at least 30 points. I was fully expecting this game to be a complete blowout.

this_guy

So, I had to work earlier, did Houston ALREADY pull the plug on Hoyer? Is Mallet the starter in week 2?

I say this realizing full well that KC destroyed Houston, 27-9 at one point.

First pass of the game was an int. He had another fumble inside their own 15, and had multiple 3 and outs. His arm looks worse than prime Schuab.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
For those keeping track at home, that's 30 unanswered points that Detroit has surrendered. That's such an indictment of both the offense and the defense.

We continue to be the biggest underdelivering team in the league. Goodbye Stafford, goodbye Lombardi. Maybe 2017 will be our year once our new quarterback is in his second season.
Like, it's week one, and I really don't want to overreact. But man, that was a bad football team I saw today and I don't see how that team can make enough changes to win ten or eleven games.

I mean, at least Abdullah looked good.

Lol dam I was gonna go back to look for Kas' posts... this is ruthless ahah

I got your back.

Bookmarked for the season. You can cherry pick non sensical stats like Matthew Staffords career passer rating to Megatron or this Alex Smith stat but Stafford has proven himself to be an elite QB throughout his young career and will only get better.

Steve Young: "Matthew Stafford is on the cusp of greatness."

You guys realize the Restoration of the Roar begins today, right?

We are all witnesses.

Holy fuck this offense. No one will be able to stop us. No one.

Matthew Stafford: "In the best shape of his career"

Stafford will make up for it. Watch.

thoughtful-oprah.gif

Striker

Cooper Taylor inactive, too.

Brandon Meriweather is going to start at safety isn't he?

LOL. Enjoy Romo and Dez.

Edit: Craig Dahl is the third safety. Fucking kill me.
I can understand Dahl being the third S. He knows the playbook and can play ST's - granted he's a liability starting. But Meriweather starting makes no sense.

I would rather a corner be inactive, be it Wade or Hosley.

Jarnet87

is mariota as good as his stats indicate in thsi game

wtf

The Bucs had a game just like this one last season against the Falcons, it was 21-0 before you could blink, 35-0 at half. Lovie Smith continues to have this team unprepared.

it's a great start for Mariota but the Bucs defense aren't a great test of skill.

Man, what the fuck was Payton thinking. We still lose anyway most likely, but go out swinging. Not like Payton to make a no balls call like that.

Top Bottom