• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

JABEE

Say what you want about Suggs. Achilles injuries suck. Good luck to him.

He may be a scumbag, but I wouldn't wish an injury on him.

X-Ray's on Carr's hand were negative, not sure if that's a good thing or not. Oh well, he's got this season to prove he's the guy or it's time to move on

R4e2xZ6.gif

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, I am really tired of hearing about a non-catch in the middle of the 4th quarter. Rodgers is the best QB in the fucking game, it's not like the game would have been over if they called it a TD. The team that really got fucked was the Lions, in a totally non-reviewable way. The Cowboys play was the letter of the NFL law, nothing more, nothing less.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I'm glad Jets fans aren't overreacting after a nice week 1 win. I remember a couple years ago when Mark Sanchez destroyed Buffalo and folks actually thought it mattered.

Still it was nice to see after some Jets fans already wrote the season off because of a poor preseason showing.

Yeah, the win felt good but I'm pretty even tempered generally. If we can take down Indy next week though, I may throw caution to the wind and declare us champions of the universe. Well, no, it's only Indy, but still.

As a cowboys fan

I'm tired of hearing about the fucking catch

Has Eli manning ever took a breath through his nose in his entire life

Survey says no

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah, I am really tired about hearing about a non-catch in the middle of the 4th quarter. Rodgers is the best QB in the fucking game, it's not like the game would have over if they called it a TD. The team that really got fucked was the Lions, in a totally non-reviewable way. The Cowboys play was the letter of the NFL law, nothing more, nothing less.

And that law was written after Megatron's catch against the Bears 4 years back.

It's ridiculous to hear NBC keep talking about it as if it was some franchise altering play that got a head coach fire or a QB traded.

dionysus

Yaldog
I obviously wasn't impressed, but I suppose it could have been worse.

A few thoughts:

• Our Redzone offense is terrible. Settling for four field goals isn't good enough. Makes me wish we had Graham when no one can get open for a pass.
  • Speaking of Graham, where was his supposed successor, Josh Hill?
  • The defense on the first drive was hilariously awful. No pass rush whatsoever. They basically just let Palmer throw it in.
  • Playcalling had some serious question marks. Why the fuck did we choose to rely upon a young defense for 3 plays instead of relying upon our elite QB to throw a pass seven yards?
  • Was it because his weapons are just that bad? No, of course not. Payton was just afraid to blow a game which we already didn't have.
  • Speaking of weapons...
  • Colston looked like shit. Way too many dropped passes. Plus, he allowed one pass to get intercepted. He's just too old, and he's unreliable in this offense.
  • Coleman looked alright, but nothing special outside his touchdown.
  • Cooks was fine, especially when taking into consideration he had Peterson all over him.
  • Snead is already proving he can be a deep threat. I hope he gets more looks from Brees. He could easily be Stills 2.0
  • It's easy to get dark and gloomy after that game, but against a healthy Arizona Cardinals I don't think we ever win. At least we contended, even with our defense missing key contributors. Outside of penalties, Breaux did a good job competing in that missing cornerback spot. Next week is the Buccaneers. If we lose next week, then we can be gloomy.

I have to agree. I had no expectation to win and the team played better than I expected.

The worst thing for me was the contrast at the end of the game with our coach opting to punt and Arians calling a pass play instead of running out the clock. I really like Arians. Sean has gotten to comfortable and conservative. Felt like he was setting up Rob Ryan to be the fall guy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To prove how shit Fantasy really is at proving actual QB performance most of the time, look at where they rank Hoyer this week.

Top Bottom