• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Myriadis

Finally, we in Germany can watch at least two of the games each week. The one I watched was Seattle vs St. Louis and that one was a bit crazy. Two big fumbles on the St. Louis side and they still won.

Drakeon

the thing that worries me about the colts moving forward is they can't acquire any type of decent defense while paying andrew luck (relative) peanuts. what's going to happen when they make him the highest paid player in NFL history? i guess their next coaching staff is going to need to hit on a lot of draft picks

Next coaching staff + next GM. Grigson should be done too if Indianapolis is smart. Has continually neglected to add pieces to the defense aside from trading for Vontae Davis (which was a good move).

MechDX

Do buffalos roar?

gcjl1Fr.png

Yep

Spinluck

Yeah.. If anyone is sad about that .. Fuck off lol

I never get this mentality (it is ok for you to hate me)

Should I not expect more from Andrew Luck and the Colts or should we just keep making excuses for them? Not everyone can be Kas and be happy that their QB has never won a postseason game but is the fastest to throw 10,000 yds or some shit.

Pagano is cockadoodledoo as a head coach, and our GM is blew first round picks on WRs, a special teams back up, and Trent Richardson. He has also sucked at building a solid team like 2 years straight (this year has yet to be seen but it looks like Luck will be carrying us to the same cap--I'm giving Grigson a year one pass too). I can understand if you have some loser at QB and you are rebuilding, but when you are saying all off season (2 off season straight actually) that you're building an SB caliber team, then you field this bullshit, I am going to be disappointed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm glad Jets fans aren't overreacting after a nice week 1 win. I remember a couple years ago when Mark Sanchez destroyed Buffalo and folks actually thought it mattered.

Still it was nice to see after some Jets fans already wrote the season off because of a poor preseason showing.

Link

The Autumn Wind
MMehtaNYDN: Jets rookie OLB Lorenzo Mauldin is awake & has feeling in all his extremities, I'm told. Will stay in hospital overnight #nyj
Thank goodness.
Yep, the Jets are reporting that it's a concussion. No neck injury. Not that a concussion can't be serious, but great news considering what it looked like and what it could have been.

Hopefully, the news on Cromartie is just as positive.

Spinluck

the thing that worries me about the colts moving forward is they can't acquire any type of decent defense while paying andrew luck (relative) peanuts. what's going to happen when they make him the highest paid player in NFL history? i guess their next coaching staff is going to need to hit on a lot of draft picks

Yeah, Grigson need to be gone before the new deal is done. I have no doubt it will happen, and is the reason we haven't payed him yet.

Pepiope

SMH @ the people taking pleasure in player tearing his Achilles.

Do you have any idea how difficult an injury that is to recover from?

Good grief.
He intentionally tries to injure players on the field. It sucks that he tore his Achilles, but he is an asshole, so I'm not going to feel bad for him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't want to hear a damn thing about weapons or explosiveness or anything else in relation to the Lions. This is the same shit, again. Remember against Dallas where they adjusted and shut us down after a hot start? Same thing today.

All the Chargers did was stack the box and blitz. Because we weren't taking shots downfield, we weren't blocking well, and Stafford wasn't making quick decisions. ALL GAME. No adjustments. Lombardi is trash. Now we're stuck with him again. If he's fired at the end of the year that will force us to learn another offense, again. Caldwell hit gold with Austin as defensive coordinator but getting offensive coordinator wrong is ultimately going to get him fired IMO.

Only bright side was Abdullah. He's legit.

It was an extension of the playoff loss to the Cowboys, good point. We still need to take those 5 step drop, deep shots downfield but where was the middle ground? Slant routes to CJ? Curl routes to Ebron? Something to keep the defense on check so they don't blitz every single play. Lombardi has to find that middle ground.

San Diego just blitzed us consistently and our only response were obvious screen passes.

There were no quick 3 step drop calls like the Chargers were doing to us all day long and I just don't understand why those plays weren't called. Caldwell will probably reign in Lombardi if that isn't adjusted soon, IMO.

Need to get a W next week in Minnesota and come back home to play Denver in front of the nation.

Spinluck

Yeah, Grigson need to be gone before the new deal is done. I have no doubt it will happen, and is one of the reasons we haven't payed him yet.

I think Luck can win an SB with this offense, but not with a defense that he cannot depend on for anything. We need a defense that can bail him out whenever he punts. :(

Ah ok. Think you mentioned that before. I like the DDFP so no big deal. Hank is great.
The main reason it's a problem on ATN is because Dan clearly hates talking about other AFC East teams (outside of throne of ease talk). Every time the Dolphins come up when they are running through all the teams you hear, "and moving on" after a few disinterested remarks from the group.

I still love the show though!

I'm glad Jets fans aren't overreacting after a nice week 1 win. I remember a couple years ago when Mark Sanchez destroyed Buffalo and folks actually thought it mattered.

Still it was nice to see after some Jets fans already wrote the season off because of a poor preseason showing.
They're only winning because Geno isn't there to curse them.

I hope he gets healthy soon.

Bowser

Wow Cooper was thuging that raiders game. Dudes a sack of shit I hope he gets fat fine bad suspended

You mean Jones?

The main reason it's a problem on ATN is because Dan clearly hates talking about other AFC East teams (outside of throne of ease talk). Every time the Dolphins come up when they are running through all the teams you hear, "and moving on" after a few disinterested remarks from the group.

I still love the show though!

As a Panthers fan I know that feel ;_;

No fan is delusional enough to think a free win (i.e. playing the Browns) is indicative of anything.

Spinluck

I will never wish injury on a player, sucks for Suggs, even if he is a shithead.

Hoping Mathis can come back for us healthy. Him at half Mathis still makes him like our 3rd best player on defense.

MRSA

Banned
konka made a great suggestion........Raiders should sign Tebow.

konka is right for once

Fuck Carr, fuck McGloin

#SignTebow

Beach

konka made a great suggestion........Raiders should sign Tebow.

konka is right for once

Fuck Carr, fuck McGloin

#SignTebow
Del Rio said his hand tested out negative so we'll probabaly see Carr next weekend. I'd take Tebow over McGloin easy though.

Drakeon

How much longer does Lovie Smith have a job?

Wouldn't shock me if he's gone by mid to late October. Especially if they get a few more spectacular blowouts. I'm willing to bet the Titans don't look this good against very many other teams (even if they are significantly improved, just see how badly the Falcons throttled the Buccaneers last year for a good example).

I never get this mentality (it is ok for you to hate me)

Should I not expect more from Andrew Luck and the Colts or should we just keep making excuses for them? Not everyone can be Kas and be happy that their QB has never won a postseason game but is the fastest to throw 10,000 yds or some shit.

Pagano is cockadoodledoo as a head coach, and our GM is blew first round picks on WRs, a special teams back up, and Trent Richardson. He has also sucked at building a solid team like 2 years straight (this year has yet to be seen but it looks like Luck will be carrying us to the same cap--I'm giving Grigson a year one pass too). I can understand if you have some loser at QB and you are rebuilding, but when you are saying all off season (2 off season straight actually) that you're building an SB caliber team, then you field this bullshit, I am going to be disappointed.

No You can be disappointed if.. Your team goes 6-10 or is picking top 5 in the draft when you are expected to make a deep playoff run. But a team going 11-5 and loses in the conference championship or wins a division. What more do you want. Some times shit doesn't go your way in some ways on the field.. A bounce or something in the game.

Being upset that you went 11-5 and had fun watching your team have a good season.. Is idiotic. If you (or a fan of any team) upset that they go 11-5 and just miss out.. Then yeah. You are a spoiled fan. It's fine if you are one.

Also spin, why would I hate you.. Your cooking I might hate. Sorry (although your breakfast this morning looked good)

Top Bottom