• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

I obviously wasn't impressed, but I suppose it could have been worse.

A few thoughts:

• Our Redzone offense is terrible. Settling for four field goals isn't good enough. Makes me wish we had Graham when no one can get open for a pass.
  • Speaking of Graham, where was his supposed successor, Josh Hill?
  • The defense on the first drive was hilariously awful. No pass rush whatsoever. They basically just let Palmer throw it in.
  • Playcalling had some serious question marks. Why the fuck did we choose to rely upon a young defense for 3 plays instead of relying upon our elite QB to throw a pass seven yards?
  • Was it because his weapons are just that bad? No, of course not. Payton was just afraid to blow a game which we already didn't have.
  • Speaking of weapons...
  • Colston looked like shit. Way too many dropped passes. Plus, he allowed one pass to get intercepted. He's just too old, and he's unreliable in this offense.
  • Coleman looked alright, but nothing special outside his touchdown.
  • Cooks was fine, especially when taking into consideration he had Peterson all over him.
  • Snead is already proving he can be a deep threat. I hope he gets more looks from Brees. He could easily be Stills 2.0
  • It's easy to get dark and gloomy after that game, but against a healthy Arizona Cardinals I don't think we ever win. At least we contended, even with our defense missing key contributors. Outside of penalties, Breaux did a good job competing in that missing cornerback spot. Next week is the Buccaneers. If we lose next week, then we can be gloomy.

Miracle

Seems he's basically just trying to manage expectations. Some defenses will (should) be ready for his pop passes.

I understand that but I mean, give Mariota some credit NOW and say like "oh what a great game from the young man. Continuing where he left off at Oregon, etc."

He doesn't need to say shit like "future hall of farmer lol!", just some credit for his amazing performance today is all.

*checks Trejo pick 'em league*

rrjDnNE.png

4ZKadEd.gif

I am happy your lack of faith in my squad broke your perfect day.

:)

eznark

Banned
I'm more looking forward to the Lions apologists. I think every one of those guys picked the Lions to go to the playoffs. Dameshek had them winning the NFC North! :jnc

Dameshek is a comedian though, he isn't paid to know about sports. Right?

Beach

Tough day for Raidas

Ass whoopin and lost 3 starters including Carr

Can't even be mad. Its expected at this point. Next week against the Ravens will be even worse. Before he got injured Carr was not even playing close to good. I do not know why he only has one read. The O-Line is giving him some time.

Glad normality has returned to my world.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Broncos Defense looked great.

Offense not so much, but the Ravens D looked pretty damn good too.

Bring on the queefs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm sorry, but if your team gives up 30 unanswered points and your highly-touted offense only puts up 14 in the whole game, no, you shouldn't win.

I appreciate the optimism and I agree with your sentiment about going too conservative too early, but the problem is...what evidence to we have to suggest that those issues will be corrected, when they're the same issues we've run underfoot of for years now? Stafford hasn't learned, Lombardi hasn't learned, and without Levy I'm still very suspect of our defense, the linebacking corps and the back seven in particular. I suppose hope springs eternal, but it feels like that's about all that's on our side at the moment.

Offensive line was getting destroyed and Lombardi failed to adjust. He was still calling long routes for Megatron, Tate and Ebron when we should've mixed it up with some quick slants or crossing routes.

San Diego was killing is all day with those crossing routes.

Lombardi has to fine some sort of middle ground with this offense. We still need to go deep but if Stafford has 3 seconds to throw the ball, instead of calling only screens to counter that why not some quick slant or curl routes to Megatron? I saw none of that today.

And I don't really blame the defense. The Chargers were on the field all day long after our offense would get quick 3 and outs or turnovers. No defense in the league could handle staying on the field all day combined with the heat factor.

It's not blind optimism because at the end of the day it's just Week 1. That's the case for all teams in the NFL but it still hurts not to get this road win which are critical towards the end of the season playoff run.

Miracle

Mariota is definitely better than that fraud Luck, I think the Titans win the South.

Still a long season to go. And that would be a HUGE jump and expectation for Mariota to pull off.

With that said, I think the Bills are legit though. Their defense looks even better this year and their offense has definitely improved.

the thing that worries me about the colts moving forward is they can't acquire any type of decent defense while paying andrew luck (relative) peanuts. what's going to happen when they make him the highest paid player in NFL history? i guess their next coaching staff is going to need to hit on a lot of draft picks

I don't want to hear a damn thing about weapons or explosiveness or anything else in relation to the Lions. This is the same shit, again. Remember against Dallas where they adjusted and shut us down after a hot start? Same thing today.

All the Chargers did was stack the box and blitz. Because we weren't taking shots downfield, we weren't blocking well, and Stafford wasn't making quick decisions. ALL GAME. No adjustments. Lombardi is trash. Now we're stuck with him again. If he's fired at the end of the year that will force us to learn another offense, again. Caldwell hit gold with Austin as defensive coordinator but getting offensive coordinator wrong is ultimately going to get him fired IMO.

Only bright side was Abdullah. He's legit.

Do you listen to Dameshek? Handsome Hank is a Dolphins fan.

Fun - enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.

I'm not sure you get enjoyment out of anything except schadenfreude.
Yeah I knew Hank was. I don't listen to Dave's show, his voice is just too much for me. I did see when they had Jarvis on, though.

Top Bottom