• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

diffusionx

Gold Member
You guys finally all saw what we have to deal with every week.

Zero short-intermediate passing game
Every completion comes during the scramble drill
Matador OL
Russell being careless with the ball trying to make stuff happen
Ignoring the running game

Fuck football.

I think this is the first Seattle game I saw this year and Wilson's scrambles seem about 75% less effective than they have been in the past.

squicken

That is a bad injury but when you are his age, it's always going to be something. If only they would have had this team 2 years ago. They have to play Brock. Manning is the worst starter in the league. Gary has to have seen enough. You can't make the rest of the team endure his hospital balls any longer

Mike Pettine sucks. Won't commit to JFF? Fuck your bald head and your shitty defense. What does he know about anything? He is demonstrably bad at coaching unless he has an amazing roster like in NY or BUF. 370 yards passing AND 140 yards in DPIs!! The Browns offensive coach is good btw. That's a shitty ass collection of players and they move the ball. Can't run it for nothing but their RBs are poo, except Duke, who's really more like a Sproles type

Mike Pettine sucks. Won't commit to JFF? Fuck your bald head and your shitty defense. What does he know about anything? He is demonstrably bad at coaching unless he has an amazing roster like in NY or BUF. 370 yards passing AND 140 yards in DPIs!! The Browns offensive coach is good btw. That's a shitty ass collection of players and they move the ball. Can't run it for nothing but their RBs are poo, except Duke, who's really more like a Sproles type

I really didn't think anyone would challenge Pat Shurmur for the title of Worst Browns Coach Since '99, but Pettine sure is giving it the ol' college try.

What's so aggravating about Pettine is not just his complete ineptitude as a coach, but the fact that he's such a colossal fucking asshole. He dislikes Manziel so much that he's willing to throw away his job by keeping Manziel on the bench to keep starting a career nobody like Josh Fucking McCown.

It's mind-numbing. It's like Pettine is determined to fuck over any chance Manziel has at a successful playing career in addition to fucking over his own chance at a successful coaching career.

WedgeX

Banned
Still feeling hung over happy about yesterday and the Lions-Packers. My brother-in-law got quite salty and then silent.

A grand, some times embarassing, afternoon.

squicken

I really didn't think anyone would challenge Pat Shurmur for the title of Worst Browns Coach Since '99, but Pettine sure is giving it the ol' college try.

I think Pettine is doing everything he can to make sure that none of this sticks to him as he looks for next job. He keeps playing McCown and can say "well they never gave me a chance to win when I had to chose between Baby Manziel, Old McCown and HugeEgo Hoyer"

I think Pettine is doing everything he can to make sure that none of this sticks to him as he looks for next job. He keeps playing McCown and can say "well they never gave me a chance to win when I had to chose between Baby Manziel, Old McCown and HugeEgo Hoyer"

If that's his approach, well, good luck dude, considering the Browns defense is currently ranked 30th in the league.

He can try to handwave away the drama on offense, but he sure as hell can't justify the performance of the Browns defense.

He went to the Browns. All of it will stick to him. They are a career killer.

BigAT

Did this Drew Stanton GIF get posted? It's pretty hilarious.

stantondance.0.0.gif

Wow, must suck to lose on something like that against the Patriots. You really sufferd during this regular season game.

Poor soul. Losing a game on one stupid fucking helmet catch. Uuuuuh, dropped INT.

Bradying1.jpg

Victor Cruz is done for the year. Going to have surgery on his calf.
https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/666264715916480514
A completely wasted roster spot for most of the season. With Beatty and now Vic gone...there goes some of those reinforcements. Hopefully he's able to come back healthy but Giants need to look at WR in the draft the regardless.

Dragon

Banned

There were a ton of mistakes on both sides of the ball by both teams. Edelman's injury in the first quarter completely changed the Patriots offense. I don't think we can make an opinion on either team based on yesterday. Just glad to get a win against the Giants.

Godslay

Banned
Saw the news today, the foot was news early last week. Obviously got worse.

I guess I should have taken Jake Plummer seriously when he said as early as that first interception that Manning wasn't right and probably shouldn't be out there.

Here's the thing though, if you are injured you shouldn't be out there. If you are on the field that means you are good to play and injure isn't an excuse. Sucks that he worsened the foot, but with a 3 game lead on the division, and an out of conference game the week after they should have (Peyton especially, as he pushed to play) sat him down and let him rest.

That doesn't explain the bad decisions though, so he needs to take a break. If he can comeback and give it another go, then great, If not that's okay too, if he's done he's done and we can move on. I guess I'm not too stressed about it either way, not confident that Manning or Oz could beat the Pats. So I'll just enjoy whats left of the season.

188 yds in penalties? Sounds about right. Saw a comment about Haslam meeting with pettine? I was amazed at the amount of Seahawks jerseys I saw in Vegas yesterday
Edit: number 1 pick?!

I don't know which is more delicious:

Steelers start Landry Jones against the Browns, he is quickly injured and the Steelers are forced to put in the backup - Ben Roethlisberger, who proceeds to carve the shit out of the Browns defense.

Jaguars are down to their final play of the game against the Ratbirds in which they're trailing by 1 - 1 man rush by the Rats which GETS HOME, but Dumervil facemasks Bortles which gives them 15 yards and an untimed down, Jags kick the field goal to win.

Dragon

Banned
I don't know which is more delicious:

Steelers start Landry Jones against the Browns, he is quickly injured and the Steelers are forced to put in the backup - Ben Roethlisberger, who proceeds to carve the shit out of the Browns defense.

Jaguars are down to their final play of the game against the Ratbirds in which they're trailing by 1 - 1 man rush by the Rats which GETS HOME, but Dumervil facemasks Bortles which gives them 15 yards and an untimed down, Jags kick the field goal to win.

Deacon schadenfreude Knowledge.

There were a ton of mistakes on both sides of the ball by both teams. Edelman's injury in the first quarter completely changed the Patriots offense. I don't think we can make an opinion on either team based on yesterday. Just glad to get a win against the Giants.

I'm just giving Dutch shit.:)

Crisco

Banned
Really love the growth we've seen from Funchess these past two games. Next year, if Olsen still has wheels at 31, KB back, Funchess no longer a rookie, and Shula safely at the University of Miami, watch the fuck out. 30+ ppg.

Dragon

Banned
You mean the Broncos D? Who has somehow disappeared?

Did they disappear? The team had five turnovers yesterday. Kinda hard to play defense when you're always giving the other team a short field. They allowed like 300 yards of total offense. Not gonna blame the defense at all.

Godslay

Banned
Penny is being sarcastic, and he's right. Lots of issues on the O side of the ball, but PM was probably the largest issue of all.

Dragon

Banned
I'm so fucking ashamed to be Belgian after those Paris attacks. What a fucking joke.

I know I'll get shit on here, but I'm ashamed of mainstream media's coverage of the Kenya terrorist attack. I suppose there isn't money to be made talking about 147 people dying in Kenya.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 2m2 minutes ago
Watching replay of Giants-Patriots: whomever decided to show JPP on sideline during anthem at "bombs bursting in air" part - classy.

I'm a bad person cause I laughed, too.

On Cruz, he's 9.9 million against the cap next season. He'll either get restructured of cut. Depending on how willing he is to work with the Giants. Lots of beat writers are calling it the end for him but I don't see it. I think he'll be open to a restructure to bring that cap number down and prove himself again.

I also don't think the Giants will be quick to jettison one handed JPP if he continues to play at a high level for the remainder of the season.

Godslay

Banned
Denver not throwing 3 picks a game makes them dangerous

Just because Manning is out, doesn't necessarily mean picks will go down. I/We/You almost have to treat him like a rookie. He'll make mistakes. People already declaring him Jimmy Goat tier is crazy.

Oh not again. Just like last year this stupid fuck just doesn't admit he is hurt.
Plays through it and stinks it up

Yeah, sucks.

Ideally, it would have been nice for him to get that record in Indy. Heal up if possible, and be ready for NE. Weird situation where Kubiak had to almost default to him because of his status on the team. If he says he can play, I guess he has to play. After yesterday though, I think that privilege is gone. If the dude is hurt, he's not going to play.

Browns/steelers gaf recap me pls!
Going though Browns Reddit for clips, tweets, and such

Jaoooke: For the season, we have only 15 more rushing yards than penalty yards.
741 rushing yards, 726 penalty yards

^^^actually this seems to be wrong, it's worse. Looks like we have 100 more penalty yds

j-wood

Swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag,

9NNDo4b.gif

I get it, don't let him score, etc.

But come the fuck on cam. Don't be a hypocrite. You tear down an opposing fan's banner in your stadium because of respect, but respect doesn't matter for you i guess if you score when the game is already over.

TheFatOne

Saw the news today, the foot was news early last week. Obviously got worse.

I guess I should have taken Jake Plummer seriously when he said as early as that first interception that Manning wasn't right and probably shouldn't be out there.

Here's the thing though, if you are injured you shouldn't be out there. If you are on the field that means you are good to play and injure isn't an excuse. Sucks that he worsened the foot, but with a 3 game lead on the division, and an out of conference game the week after they should have (Peyton especially, as he pushed to play) sat him down and let him rest.

That doesn't explain the bad decisions though, so he needs to take a break. If he can comeback and give it another go, then great, If not that's okay too, if he's done he's done and we can move on. I guess I'm not too stressed about it either way, not confident that Manning or Oz could beat the Pats. So I'll just enjoy whats left of the season.

Hard to blame Manning on this one. Guy might not meet everyone's expectations in clutch moments, but the dude is an iron man. Coaching staff has to save players from themselves. Especially in this case when the player is going after a record. It's up to the coaching staff/doctors to make the right call for the player. It would have taken a horrific injury for Manning not to play in yesterdays game. The coaching staff failed him. Have to protect players from themselves sometimes.

That is a bad injury but when you are his age, it's always going to be something. If only they would have had this team 2 years ago. They have to play Brock. Manning is the worst starter in the league. Gary has to have seen enough. You can't make the rest of the team endure his hospital balls any longer

JFF in 3 games this year: 60% completion percentage, 933 yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs. The idea that the coach wont commit to him after that is ludicrous. I cannot think of another time when a HC refused to play the better, and younger, player due to personal issues. The Browns really should fire him immediately if he tries to bench JFF again.

Top Bottom