• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Trey

Swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag,

9NNDo4b.gif

The titans defender clearly just wanted a dance off. Refs once again putting a stop to fun.

jakncoke

Banned
Browns/steelers gaf recap me pls!
Going though Browns Reddit for clips, tweets, and such

Jaoooke: For the season, we have only 15 more rushing yards than penalty yards.
741 rushing yards, 726 penalty yards

^^^actually this seems to be wrong, it's worse. Looks like we have 100 more penalty herds

Your secondary was lit up(understandably) at one point you guys decided to start PI although the 1 was iffy. You got called for leverage which is the first time ive seen that in awhile and it was dumb as shit because the guy had 0 chance of getting close his arm was still like a yard away from the ball in the air lol. That manziel td wasnt a td just saying but then you decided to go full brown and go holding, sack something then int. Travis Benjamin dropped a easy td, your line was mostly competent. Your boy manziel nearly had a exorcist sequel thanks to moats

Godslay

Banned
Hard to blame Manning on this one. Guy might not meet everyone's expectations in clutch moments, but the dude is an iron man. Coaching staff has to save players from themselves. Especially in this case when the player is going after a record. It's up to the coaching staff/doctors to make the right call for the player. It would have taken a horrific injury for Manning not to play in yesterdays game. The coaching staff failed him. Have to protect players from themselves sometimes.

You need to watch his postgame interview.

He pushed to play, pushed the trainers overtime to get him ready. If he says to Kubiak he's ready to play, odds are that Peyton is going to play. Kubes said after the fact that he should have sat him given he hurt his ribs on Saturday, but Manning said he was good to go. If it was any regular QB, I'm sure the coach would have sat him.

Even with that said, out of the 5 turnovers he generated (4 ints, 1 fumble), most of the were bad decisions and not necessarily related to injury. He's been doing this for the bulk of the season now, so I don't think injury necessarily gives him a free pass for bad play.

BigAT

He pushed to play, pushed the trainers overtime to get him ready. If he says to Kubiak he's ready to play, odds are that Peyton is going to play. Kubes said after the fact that he should have sat him given he hurt his ribs on Saturday, but Manning said he was good to go. If it was any regular QB, I'm sure the coach would have sat him.

Even with that said, out of the 5 turnovers he generated (4 ints, 1 fumble), most of the were bad decisions and not necessarily related to injury. He's been doing this for the bulk of the season now, so I don't think injury necessarily gives him a free pass for bad play.

Didn't really see this yesterday, but how the hell did he hurt his ribs on Saturday? Did someone assault him during the walkthrough?

TheFatOne

I didn't hear/see the stuff in the postgame. That's not a good look for Manning. He put Kubiak in a really tough position. The decision making is why I've been down on Manning this season. It's not because he can't throw deep or the ball wobbles. Broncos have the defense to win if the qb takes care of the ball. The decision making has clearly taking a hit this season. Happens to every qb eventually. Father time remains undefeated.

Crisco

Banned
I get it, don't let him score, etc.

But come the fuck on cam. Don't be a hypocrite. You tear down an opposing fan's banner in your stadium because of respect, but respect doesn't matter for you i guess if you score when the game is already over.

Personally, I could take or leave Cam's celebrations, but I don't really see the connection. Cam does what he does every game, every stadium, no matter the score. He's not trying to disrespect anyone.

Aww, I was hoping they'd break the touchdowns against record then stop the game to have a celebration.

Hahahahahahha, perfect.

Godslay

Banned
Some out there thinking this is a 6 week injury.

That will probably do it for Manning if so.

I didn't hear/see the stuff in the postgame. That's not a good look for Manning. He put Kubiak in a really tough position. The decision making is why I've been down on Manning this season. It's not because he can't throw deep or the ball wobbles. Broncos have the defense to win if the qb takes care of the ball. The decision making has clearly taking a hit this season. Happens to every qb eventually. Father time remains undefeated.

Indeed.

Team didn't do him any favors in terms of protection, but all he had to do was not play hero ball and game manage.

rando14

BG and I are gonna tailgate + wear matching sweater vests to the Draft... dont wanna look like a fucc boi to the most important day of the year....!!

That exercise works a lot of muscles you don't know exist. Try it.

Nah I've dissected those very muscles multiple times, I'm pretty sure I know what's down there lol

Godslay

Banned
Manning has a shoulder, rib and foot injury wtf

Makes you wonder if Manning was feeling the heat for his job. Had to fight through the injuries because if Brock came in and played well, Manning was going to stay on the bench.

Really tough spot for everyone involved. It's not easy to bench a guy like PM. It's not like Kubes was dealing with Schoob here. I think they gave him as much leeway as they could, and now that it's resulting in Ls, they have to go away from him.

Crisco

Banned
How is Greg Hardy still employed?

The dude can play, no doubt about it. I blame the legal system and the NFL. He should have gotten a conviction that stuck and legit suspended for a year, not the bullshit "commissioner's exempt list" where he still got every game check. Take a year off, start a charity for battered women, raise awareness, give some talks, etc..... basically the Mike Vick routine, then come back to the game claiming to be a reformed man. The way it all went down with the Cowboys signing him and getting the reduced suspension just enabled him further.

The dude can play, no doubt about it. I blame the legal system and the NFL. He should have gotten a conviction that stuck and legit suspended for a year, not the bullshit "commissioner's exempt list" where he still got every game check. Take a year off, start a charity for battered women, raise awareness, give some talks, etc..... basically the Mike Vick routine, then come back to the game claiming to be a reformed man. The way it all went down with the Cowboys signing him and getting the reduced suspension just enabled him further.

Him changing his online bio to say innocent until proven guilty makes me think he was never going to show repentance for what he did.

Makes you wonder if Manning was feeling the heat for his job. Had to fight through the injuries because if Brock came in and played well, Manning was going to stay on the bench.

Really tough spot for everyone involved. It's not easy to bench a guy like PM. It's not like Kubes was dealing with Schoob here. I think they gave him as much leeway as they could, and now that it's resulting in Ls, they have to go away from him.

Manning has to be benched at this point. He threw more bad passes than good ones by a wide margin and that's something that entirely unacceptable for an NFL quarterback. Brock may or may not be ready to play but I can guarantee that his QB rating will fall somewhere north of zero.

I think there is a positive here because Brock has a cannon for an arm. I think that if he can hit on even half of his deep balls, it will open up this zone running scheme.

Top Bottom