• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Godslay

Banned
Manning has to be benched at this point. He threw more bad passes than good ones by a wide margin and that's something that entirely unacceptable for an NFL quarterback. Brock may or may not be ready to play but I can guarantee that his QB rating will fall somewhere north of zero.

I think there is a positive here because Brock has a cannon for an arm. I think that if he can hit on even half of his deep balls, it will open up this zone running scheme.

If it's a 6 weeks injury, he's done. Even with that said, still played pretty bad, but so did the O overall.

The run game should improve especially if Brock plays under center and can go vertical like you said.

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin · 1h1 hour ago
Marshawn Lynch's agent sent this tweet to Russell Wilson during last night's game. Now deleted.
CT8V56oUkAAODpZ.jpg:large

Damn

If it's a 6 weeks injury, he's done. Even with that said, still played pretty bad, but so did the O overall.

The run game should improve especially if Brock plays under center and can go vertical like you said.

The Broncos are on their third LT of the season so I don't expect them to start playing better this season. BTW, that Ryan Clady contract turned into a real dud haha. I wonder what sort of cap hit they would take if they cut him at the end of the season.

Godslay

Banned
The Broncos are on their third LT of the season so I don't expect them to start playing better this season. BTW, that Ryan Clady contract turned into a real dud haha. I wonder what sort of cap hit they would take if they cut him at the end of the season.

Oz is mobile enough to deal with that to some degree, so there is hope. Saw that last night.

If they let go of Clady, they free up $10M, and eat $1.8M in dead cap iirc.

With PM gone next year, should free up $19M.

Team will have the money to sign their guys. Unless Brock wins the Superbowl, we should be able to resign him without breaking the bank.

Oz is mobile enough to deal with that to some degree, so there is hope. Saw that last night.

If they let go of Clady, they free up $10M, and eat $1.8M in dead cap iirc.

With PM gone next year, should free up $19M.

Team will have the money to sign their guys. Unless Brock wins the Superbowl, we should be able to resign him without breaking the bank.

All I care about is that they resign Von Miller. Clady has missed 2 full seasons since he signed that deal so the ROI hasn't been there for him. 1.8M in dead money is probably worth the 10M in cap room.

Brock won't be expensive to resign as quarterbacks go.

Godslay

Banned
All I care about is that they resign Von Miller. Clady has missed 2 full seasons since he signed that deal so the ROI hasn't been there for him. 1.8M in dead money is probably worth the 10M in cap room.

Brock won't be expensive to resign as quarterbacks go.

Von will get paid.

Unfortunate for Clady that he caught the injury bug.

The good thing is, we have a lot of guys that need to be signed, but we also have a ton of cap to do so.

PM/Clady/Ware retire/cut will result in ~$40M in cap space. Not to mention the potential for more depending on how aggressive Elway is. We're in good shape either way. More so if Brock is decent, and we can sign him on the cheap for a couple years.

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions victory has cost them dearly.

Detroit Free Press said:
After a tumultuous few weeks in which they fired general manager Martin Mayhew, president Tom Lewand and three offensive assistants, the Detroit Lions got a win they desperately needed Sunday, beating the Green Bay Packers, 18-16, at Lambeau Field.

The victory snapped the Lions' NFL-record 24-game road losing streak to the Packers and, more important, brought a temporary sense of relief to an organization that had been sleeping restlessly.

No longer are the Lions the worst team in the NFL. At 2-7, they're now in a group of five teams that stand a half-game behind the Cleveland Browns in the race for the No. 1 overall draft pick.

Got back from vacation twenty minutes before the game last night. Get fucked, Chickens! Palmer 2 for 2 in SEA as a Card, they are officially his bitch.

Seriously though, a very entertaining game where the points were high but the defenses made plenty of plays as well. It's a shame that the reffing was so terrible but at least this applied to both sides. Also terrible how many injuries occurred and god do I hope Iupati and Floyd don't miss much time. Redding already said his wasn't too serious and I'm cautiously optimistic with Iupati after he checked out of the hospital in time to fly home with the team. I've seen a few tweets indicating he's alright by the Cards beat writers but the website they write on seems to be blocked from work now :| I'm not sure how the Bengals pass rush compares to the Chickens but a few possessions were obviously very ugly due to the lack of protection. On paper, I knew we were a much better team than the Seahawks this year but division games don't play with paper and fuckery always happens like against the Rams. Sure enough, we gift wrap two TDs to the Chickens when we were in position to comfortably put them away. The turnovers as of late are really concerning but the team has been overcoming them and it speaks volumes of their character, heart, confidence and tenacity to not fall apart after those brutal turnovers and to play the full 60 minutes. Many QBs would have lost their cool and 'checked-out' after back to back turnovers that gave the other team 14 pts and the lead. Credit to Palmer for hanging in there and slinging more TDs. Especially in one of the toughest stadiums to play in. So much for the Legion of Boom, dropped 39 pts on their ass and could have been more. Our D however did really well over all but sadly those turnovers would make you think otherwise if you simply looked at the score. We made Pete abandon the run and go away from their game (though they did that themselves with the Graham trade) and so Lynch was a non-factor. Keep Bevell forever! Floyd is a Chicken slayer, Fitz shit all over them and our 4th string WR, Jaron Brown styled all over them when Floyd went out hurt. We threw right at Sherman and he couldn't do shit. Picked on their whole secondary. You can hate on SEA all you want but teams don't want to face that secondary in SEA any given week and we embarrassed them. The Cards are ready to take on anyone. Oh, hats off to SEA run D for shutting down CJ who was poised to pass Freeman for the top rusher in the league. Your run D is legit.

After crushing the Ravens, Browns and Chickens we are now 7-2, the number 2 seed and atop the division by three games. We are in excellent shape but now have a tough match up this week with significant players' health in question. Thank goodness we are playing in Zona where we are tough to beat. Go Cardinals!

Good game yesterday, OAK-GAF.
Might have been an L, but I think you guys have a promising future for a change.

VikeBike held a pretty damn good offense in check. Hopefully the rest of the NFL is starting to look at the Vikings defense with a little respect.
Much of Norv's playcalling is frustrating as hell at times and Teddy isn't exactly lighting teams up, but he's playing smart, managing, and most importantly not losing games. As long as he has a beast like AD breaking down defenses, that's really all he has to do at this point.
Speaking of Adrian... man. That guy is heating up. As of right now, yardage-wise, he's ahead of where he was in his 2012 MVP season- and that's with him having the most negative rushes in the league. Fucking amazing.

I just love this team that Mike Zimmer is building.
Least penalized team in the NFC, they fight, they aren't losing the close games, and they are staying humble. Loved what Zimmer said yesterday when asked what it means to hold the NFC North: "Nothing." Doesn't matter until the end of the regular season. Incredibly challenging schedule coming up.

Packers better be a little concerned coming into Minnesota's house and having to face their D this Sunday. Pack could easily go 0-4 and be 1-2 in the division.
Huge game with huge implications going down on Sunday in the North.

Truly a miracle that the Dolphins won yesterday. They were without two of their best defensive players (Wake, Grimes) and many supporting defensive players, to the point where they were throwing out UDFAs signed from the practice squad just last week into action consistently. On an already bad defense it's a lot to ask for those guys to stop the opponent on occasion, much less for 3 quarters. I know Sanchez played a part in all of it but it was still shocking to see.

Dolphins o-line sucks and Tannehill's pocket presence has regressed (and it was never great to begin with). Despite the talented skill position players this offense is just hard to watch a lot of the time.

Nothing I saw yesterday told me that the Dolphins are in any kind of playoff hunt. If anything it just showed me how bad the Eagles are.

Striker

Victor Cruz is done for the year. Going to have surgery on his calf.
https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/666264715916480514
What a bizarre and ridiculous situation that turned out to be.

FYI, this happened shortly before the regular season and with them never opting to put him on short-term IR, they expected him back. Now he'll never play a single snap. Keep in mind Giants S' Nat Berhe had a blood clot in his calf injury, which obviously caused him to miss the rest of the year. They didn't pick up on it 'til later. This one is just... mind blowing.

Vic is a nice dude and all, but he's in line for a straight pay-cut. He's going to miss a season and a half and he carries a fairly rich price tag. If not, they have to cut him.

Watching the Herd and they showed Favre congratulating PeyPey. Man he's loving retired life. White beard hunting. Gotta put him, Brock & Austin together.

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JamesPalmerTV · 2m2 minutes ago
Sean Payton just said he hasn't met with any of the coaches. When asked about Ryan still being part of the staff .. Payton said "absolutely"

So not fired?

Subject to [Peyton] Manning’s grade being finalized during our All-22 review process, this was the single worst grade PFF has ever given a quarterback in one game, and was significantly worse than even total trainwreck performances. We’re talking about a negative-11.7 — a grade worse than Jamarcus Russell ever posted. Worse than John Skelton ever managed. Remember that disastrous game Josh Freeman once had for the Vikings that was so bad it effectively got him banned from the league? Manning was worse yesterday.

RIPeyton

I fully expect the Vikings to win in Minnesota,especially after this week's performance.

Well, as a Vikings fan I try to stay realistic- and I never feel comfortable when the Vikes play Rodgers and the Pack. It was the same way when you guys had Favre.

However, this is the first time since '09 I actually feel like the Vikes can bring some legitimate competition to the Packers.
Should be a good game- and as much as I dislike GB simply as a division rival, I hope it's a clean game and both teams get out of it without any serious injuries. Still a lot of season left.

Crisco

Banned
Good game yesterday, OAK-GAF.
Might have been an L, but I think you guys have a promising future for a change.

VikeBike held a pretty damn good offense in check. Hopefully the rest of the NFL is starting to look at the Vikings defense with a little respect.
Much of Norv's playcalling is frustrating as hell at times and Teddy isn't exactly lighting teams up, but he's playing smart, managing, and most importantly not losing games. As long as he has a beast like AD breaking down defenses, that's really all he has to do at this point.
Speaking of Adrian... man. That guy is heating up. As of right now, yardage-wise, he's ahead of where he was in his 2012 MVP season- and that's with him having the most negative rushes in the league. Fucking amazing.

I just love this team that Mike Zimmer is building.
Least penalized team in the NFC, they fight, they aren't losing the close games, and they are staying humble. Loved what Zimmer said yesterday when asked what it means to hold the NFC North: "Nothing." Doesn't matter until the end of the regular season. Incredibly challenging schedule coming up.

Packers better be a little concerned coming into Minnesota's house and having to face their D this Sunday. Pack could easily go 0-4 and be 1-2 in the division.
Huge game with huge implications going down on Sunday in the North.

Zimmer definitely doing the most with the least this year. Bridgewater is just average and there isn't really an abundance of talent on that defense, but they keep winning. I'd give him coach of the year at this point.

Top Bottom