• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuck each and every one of you who picks this Ravens team to win any more games the rest of the year, first of all fuck you, second of all fuck this team, finally fuck you, you ain't jinxing us, we will sink as far in the draft as we can and we will fuck up the pick and you will not ruin this for us

jfc this is rock bottom

ROCK FUCKING BOTTOM

To be fair, it would be just like the Browns to lose at bottoming out to the Ravens.

DMczaf

RavensBrowns113015.jpg

:(

Wait... what Danny play? What happened?

Not sure if you missed it but I figure the Danny play must be the inadvertant whistle. Brady rolling to the sidelines, Bills player in pursuit, Brady lofts ball to Amendola but the ref blows the whistle while the ball is in the air and Amendola is breaking free. Amendola catches it and starts up field, but it's clear the players stopped playing when they heard the whistle.

Meanwhile, prior to the whistle, Rex is running at the ref on the white part of the field pointing at Brady or his player (or somebody), screaming about something.

Refs rule that the whistle was blown while Amendola caught the ball (not true, it was blown a fraction of a second earlier while the ball was in the air), so it's like a 12 yard gain. Plus, Rex is flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for being on the field and running to the ref while the play is going on. Play ended up not mattering, Patriots went 3 - 0 on the following 3 plays and Gostkowski missed a 55 yard field goal.

There are Pats fans who think Butler had a good game tonight.

Bless their hearts.

I don't think Butler had a bad game. I think Butler is overhyped from that playoff interception, but he's the best CB on a team of terrible CBs, and he's done pretty well against other teams #1 receiver.

Watkins had 3 catches for 39 yards, 16 of which came on that last play. Another 10 yards came on the 3rd down play a couple plays earlier where Watkins had to make a very skilled catch. Butler only had one actually bad play, the PI, but shut down the best WR in the AFC East for the rest of the game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Do the Ravens even have anyone left on the team who isn't injured? Or is it all just practice squad players and Tucker?

Line_HTX

Not sure if you missed it but I figure the Danny play must be the inadvertant whistle. Brady rolling to the sidelines, Bills player in pursuit, Brady lofts ball to Amendola but the ref blows the whistle while the ball is in the air and Amendola is breaking free. Amendola catches it and starts up field, but it's clear the players stopped playing when they heard the whistle.

Meanwhile, prior to the whistle, Rex is running at the ref on the white part of the field pointing at Brady or his player (or somebody), screaming about something.

Refs rule that the whistle was blown while Amendola caught the ball (not true, it was blown a fraction of a second earlier while the ball was in the air), so it's like a 12 yard gain. Plus, Rex is flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for being on the field and running to the ref while the play is going on. Play ended up not mattering, Patriots went 3 - 0 on the following 3 plays and Gostkowski missed a 55 yard field goal.

WOW what the fuck...

I was napping at half.

Man, what a joke this crew is.

Do the Ravens even have anyone left on the team who isn't injured? Or is it all just practice squad players and Tucker?

It is literally Schaub, 7 actual starters from Week 1 including Tucker, and everybody else is backups (including Schaub) (or in the RB's and I think a few more cases, third-stringers) vs backup Manziel

In primetime

In 2015

Peak fuckball incoming

manfestival

Brightside: Super happy about bucs showing signs of life

Darkside: Those bandwagon fans are beginning to show up with their lies of always following the team

Bread

Banned
Butler had another HoF game tonight, he is legendary. Unbelievable that the Pats lose a top CB in Revie and develop an even better one in Butler. Truly speaks volumes about the Pats ability to find CBs in the draft.

Pats benefiting from some bullshit?

Shocked. I am just shocked.

Not really? I guess the clock not stopping on the final play where Watkins jumped backwards out of bounds... But... The Bills would have had a 4th and 3 from maybe their own 40 yard line or so, with 0:02 left on the clock, Taylor obviously hurt and unable to throw the ball.

As for the inadvertant whistle, the play was a total clusterfuck and didn't help anybody. Patriots fans could argue that Amendola might have had a touchdown on it as he was breaking away down field while the ball was lofted to him and he had ~70 yards of green in front of him with one defender and one teammate; Anti-Pats-people or Bills fans could say Rex shouldnt have been penalized for charging at the ref in the middle of the play or that the Patriots got a free 12 yards because the whistle was blown while the ball was in the air a split second before Amendola caught it, therefore, the play should be dead with the ball in the air and the down is replaced. In the end, despite how much of a cluster fuck it was, the play was irrelevant.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Butler had another HoF game tonight, he is legendary. Unbelievable that the Pats lose a top CB in Revie and develop an even better one in Butler. Truly speaks volumes about the Pats ability to find CBs in the draft.

Remember when people thought that Butler couldn't even replace Browner, let alone be one of the best up and coming elite CBs?!?

Not really? I guess the clock not stopping on the final play where Watkins jumped backwards out of bounds... But... The Bills would have had a 4th and 3 from maybe their own 40 yard line or so, with 0:02 left on the clock, Taylor obviously hurt and unable to throw the ball.

As for the inadvertant whistle, the play was a total clusterfuck and didn't help anybody. Patriots fans could argue that Amendola might have had a touchdown on it as he was breaking away down field while the ball was lofted to him and he had ~70 yards of green in front of him with one defender and one teammate; Anti-Pats-people or Bills fans could say Rex shouldnt have been penalized for charging at the ref in the middle of the play. In the end, despite how much of a cluster fuck it was, the play was irrelevant.
They got a free TD thanks to the refs letting them do a fake substitution...

TheFatOne

Pats sure do know how to snipe those corners in the draft.

They got a free TD thanks to the refs letting them do a fake substitution...

Oh right, I forgot the Patriots would have never scored with a first and goal at the 6, while the Bills had 13 players on the field, 2 of which were 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage... And the Patriots did nothing wrong by not subbing in Chandler. He ran on and ran off the field. Bills players were already on the field trying to run down to catch up to the play. Horrible coaching by Rex and he had already wasted 1 or 2 time outs at that point so he couldnt use them when he should have... like after a ~45 yard catch and run by Amendola.

Flacco done, bigger injury than any Giants player IR...

They were fucked before he got hurt. This just ensures they don't win another game this year.

Oh no, now Matt Schaub has the ball. Look at all the damage he could do. Like handing it off to the third fucking running back of the year. Or hey, maybe he'll throw it to one of the 3 second stringers, or the two people from practice squad.

Just kneel every fucking play, it'd do less damage

Trey

I don't think Butler had a bad game. I think Butler is overhyped from that playoff interception, but he's the best CB on a team of terrible CBs, and he's done pretty well against other teams #1 receiver.

Watkins had 3 catches for 39 yards, 16 of which came on that last play. Another 10 yards came on the 3rd down play a couple plays earlier where Watkins had to make a very skilled catch. Butler only had one actually bad play, the PI, but shut down the best WR in the AFC East for the rest of the game.

Watkins got whatever he wanted.

MechDX

Weird. Thanks for the correction. Either way I think the NYT is the best one I have seen, yet. Really intuitive and it shows how each game impacts the playoff odds

I was looking for one earlier today. It is really dumb these sites don't have a new one ready. How hard is it to get it up and running?

The NYT is detailed but I like the ease of use of the yahoo and ESPN one

jbug617

Banned
Yeah Amendola injury is serious.

@jcmccaffrey: A little strange that Patriots locker room guys are collecting Amendola's jacket, shoes and backpack and bringing them into training room.

I've been looking for a smaller team to support in the NFL (smaller since the team I support in Australian football is a small team as well) and as it turns out the Bucs are apparently it.

Does that count as bandwagoning? I had no idea how they were doing this year before today.

Top Bottom