• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

LJ11

I think the rule changes may cause more leg injuries. Players aren't looking to light players up in the same way. Going low and at the ball. Leg shots instead of headshots. Gronk is tough to tackle high as well.

You have a point, but to be fair, if you're going high you're not tackling Gronk unless you knock him the fuck out, always have to go low or he's bouncing off of you.

Kiryu

X4G258m.png

Griss

football is a bad sport

fuck it

People blow out their knees in almost all contact sports. Soccer, rugby. Dude gets paid millions to run those risks and will recover just fine and will walk just fine after receiving the best medical treatment money can buy on this earth.

Brain injury is a different kettle of fish, but I don't give a shit about someone tearing their MCL or whatnot.

JABEE

You have a point, but to be fair, if you're going high you're not tackling Gronk unless you knock him the fuck out, always have to go low or he's bouncing off of you.

Yeah. Players are going to just bounce off Gronk if they try to go high on him.

brentech

Yea kinda looked like he was walking and putting pressure on his knee. Dude is a beast and won't be out long.
While there is always a chance, someone always comes in here and says this about a knee injury. People can walk on torn ACLs or MCLs...hell, some guys have finished games with them.
Means absolutely nothing that he can put weight on it. Wait for actual news.

Allforce

Don't have a horse in this race but can't help but think that's a totally avoidable injury if you just coach smarter. 1st and 10, 2:50 left, defense has 1 TO. Run the ball! Worst case scenario is you wind down to the 2 minute warning and punt to a shaky offense.

TheFatOne

might not be the perfect season but we'll still win SB

If you mean the Pats then I have to disagree with you on this one. Can't win without Gronk. He's too critical to the success of the offense. If the defense was elite I would say they have a real chance. The defense is solid, but not great. No chance without Gronk. They would have to get some real luck in the playoffs.

Top Bottom