• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

A line can be good at run blocking and poor at pass blocking.

Also Wussle probably doesn't help his cause by rolling out on every other throw. Learn how to throw in the pocket you fraud ass fraud!

He's never gonna learn how to get taller though.

As it stands, he can't see over his linemen so he has to roll out

Mmmhmm. Yep.

I was wondering where you were.

;)
There's a lot of truth to it though. I would like to see the Texans pick up a reclamation project at QB in free agency and draft another. The reclamation project can be a warm body for a few games while the rookie gets acclimated.

MechDX

There's a lot of truth to it though. I would like to see the Texans pick up a reclamation project at QB in free agency and draft another. The reclamation project can be a warm body for a few games while the rookie gets acclimated.

IMO, Texans will make a hard play for Brees when he is released. Brees wouldn't have to uproot his family in New Orleans so it would be a win/win for both sides. Draft a QB in the first round and sit him for a couple years.

Yes I do believe the Saints will release him. Cost them 10 million to release him vs 30 million to keep him

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints/

Gifford Family statement

CUrlviBWEAE8VoH.png:large

jmdajr

IMO, Texans will make a hard play for Brees when he is released. Brees wouldn't have to uproot his family in New Orleans so it would be a win/win for both sides. Draft a QB in the first round and sit him for a couple years.

Yes I do believe the Saints will release him. Cost them 10 million to release him vs 30 million to keep him

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints/

Sounds good to me. Do we have enough cap room? For sure Foster is gone.

bionic77

Don't hate on rollouts just because they make Ben look fat(ter).
Ben is the best argument for why fat people don't suck since Chris Farley.

It is still kind of amazing to me that he is still playing after the two injuries he suffered. I think those injuries/hits would have ended the seasons of almost any other qb and most players as well.

MechDX

Sounds good to me. Do we have enough cap room? For sure Foster is gone.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans

Yeah Foster is more than likely gone. Save 7 million if cut vs a hit of 2. Duane Brown will probably be extended to lower his cap hit and Garrett graham cut. Rule of thumb when looking at these numbers: cap savings vs cap hit. If savings are greater than hit restructure or release incoming. Core players being the exception of course.

Texans will be in good cap shape especially since the cap is supposed to rise again.

MechDX

How do restaurants stay open?

Here in Texas there are some counties where hard liquor, not beer, cannot be served. Restaurants and clubs get around this by declaring thensleves a private social club.

Basically to join you put your name and address on a form and you're a member. Dumb

You need at least a good OL for a great RB to put up numbers.

If 3 defenders are in the backfield on every play a second after the snap you are just not going to have a great running game even if you have a legend like Bam Bam Morris back there smoking a joint before he sprints into the endzone.

Legend

4163-931507Fr.jpg

Here in Texas there are some counties where hard liquor, not beer, cannot be served. Restaurants and clubs get around this by declaring thensleves a private social club.

Basically to join you put your name and address on a form and you're a member. Dumb
Weird laws. Over here it's almost happy hour all day or twice a day. One during the 4-7 run and the late night one for the road.

Yep, happy hour is illegal throughout Massachusetts. Same with dollar drafts. Bizarre old blue laws.

Man I used to love going out for penny beers in college.

So Utah?

Colasante

Right now, for the next 3-4 years, I wouldn't trade Malcolm Butler straight up for Darrelle Revis.

From Peter King, so it's not exactly a worthwhile source, but still, who could have possibly expected that statement the day before the Super Bowl? Also relevant: Malcolm Butler is making $500,000 this season, while Darrelle Revis is making $16M.

Review of Concussion. Review says they go after the NFL hard in the movie
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler/concussion-starring-will-smith-hits-the-nfl-hard

I've seen it. The film definitely portrays the NFL as a shadowy cabal type of villain, reminding me of how the tobacco industry was portrayed in The Insider. I think the film could have a lasting impact on how the NFL is perceived by mainstream audiences, although of course I think it will have zero impact on ratings or revenue, because nothing stops this train.

squicken

I've seen it. The film definitely portrays the NFL as a shadowy cabal type of villain, reminding me of how the tobacco industry was portrayed in The Insider. I think the film could have a lasting impact on how the NFL is perceived by mainstream audiences, although of course I think it will have zero impact on ratings or revenue, because nothing stops this train.

100% serious. I would rather watch a movie exploring why football writers are obsessed with writing about concussions. I mean is it guilt? Do they feel the need to do "meaningful" work?

I mean as a fan I know it's a brutal sport. That it shaves years of life and life function from lots of players. Are writers are uncomfortable that they make money off those players' sacrifices? Make that movie

Colasante

100% serious. I would rather watch a movie exploring why football writers are obsessed with writing about concussions. I mean is it guilt? Do they feel the need to do "meaningful" work?

I mean as a fan I know it's a brutal sport. That it shaves years of life and life function from lots of players. Are writers are uncomfortable that they make money off those players' sacrifices? Make that movie

I imagine it's just partially about being on the right side of history. Eventually, when the consequences of concussions are fully felt decades down the line, the barbarism of the NFL will be looked down upon as a shameful blight. Very few people are willing to give up on the NFL now though, even knowing how destructive it is, so I think they at least want to be able to say that they gave the issue as much attention as they could.

In the context of Concussion, it's not even so much about the issue itself as it is the NFL's attempts to prevent the CTE information from being disseminated and their effort to discredit Will Smith's character.

Striker

Dan Graziano & #8207;@DanGrazianoESPN 1m1 minute ago

Giants TE Larry Donnell says team got a troubling result from the MRI on his neck Tuesday and “it’s not looking good.”
Sounds like he is definitely missing the Redskins game, and is seems probable he could very well end up missing the rest of the year.

Will Tye future.

squicken

I imagine it's just partially about being on the right side of history. Eventually, when the consequences of concussions are fully felt decades down the line, the barbarism of the NFL will be looked down upon as a shameful blight. Very few people are willing to give up on the NFL now though, even knowing how destructive it is, so I think they at least want to be able to say that they gave the issue as much attention as they could.

In the context of Concussion, it's not even so much about the issue itself as it is the NFL's attempts to prevent the CTE information from being disseminated and their effort to discredit Will Smith's character.

Good point, but then why do they not step away from the trough? As far as the Will Smith character, I'm not familiar with him. But I do remember some of the silliness from Dr. York about football not causing brain injuries. Like you, I doubt much sticks. Football will suffer long term b/c parents won't let their kids play. Then we can start winning World Cups b/c Russell Wilson Jr and Johnny Manziel Jr play soccer instead of football

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Could you imagine if we have the undefeated Patriots meet the undefeated Panthers in the Owl? Whew.

I think that would literally kill those Dolphins players from the undefeated team.

Also yes I'm Canadian but I as per tradition have taken tomorrow off for FOOTBALL.

Hindl

Hmmm may come out of Black Friday with just a 1TB SSD and a smaller TV, which isn't too bad of a haul all things considered

Excelent short interview with Jason Witten

We had a fourth-and-six in the fourth quarter, game on the line, season on the line, and Tony checks at the line to call my play; it’s a Y-option play. The guy covering me knew I was running Y-option, so instead of breaking out, which the play calls for, I turn in and Tony saw it, he felt it. I probably shouldn’t have turned in if we are going by the rules, but Tony followed me. He knew, and I knew. We got a big fourth-down conversion and we went down and scored and set up that win. To me, that was the ultimate game, because it is years upon years of working at the craft. Two guys sharing a dream and working together for a ton of offseasons and now we’re in a playoff game with our season on the line to get to the second round. I think we are all ultimately defined by, Can we win a championship? At this point in my career, everything is defined by that. Me and Tony, on that play, that moment, we read it right and we made the play and we ended up winning. That play will always be huge to me.”

Top Bottom