• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

bionic77

Pats robbed the world of an all PA SB, maybe it can happen this year.
I have grown up around Eagles fans and I wish my PA bros nothing but goodwill, but I am not sure I want to see the Eagles in the SuperBowl. Even though I would like our odds against Sanchez I get the feeling that my PA bros would not handle victory over us in a graceful manner if they pulled it off.

I could be wrong but the Eagles is one fanbase that may not be gracious winners. I don't want to see you guys turn out like the Pats did...

Colasante

Patriots cornerback Justin Coleman isn't going to play against the Broncos this week. I wonder if we'll see scrub CB Rashaan Melvin, Devin McCourty, or Tavon Wilson playing cornerback. Not ideal.

I went to the store to pick up my Thanksgiving flavored ramen and a older lady noticed I was wearing a Browns hat. She started talking to me about them. Said Johnny need to be kicked and that she was around during Bernie. We are snapchat friends now
One more day till the greatest holiday!
We made it !🙌🏿

bionic77

Its more sad that people would pay for such trash than it is that he is selling it.

Speaking of the facist, at least 3 people on my Facebook were liking shit from the facist group Britain First this week. I really wonder what the fuck is going to happen to everything 10 years from now. I never in my wildest imagination could have foresaw that people would actually pay a cheater $650 for his autograph or that his facist message would find fans in the country that I love.

MechDX

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew · 21s22 seconds ago
"I don't care where he is in his career. This guy's a great player."-O'Brien on Saints QB Drew Brees.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL · 23s24 seconds ago
Bill O'Brien on Drew Brees: 'This guy's a great player, very quick-minded, able to get the ball out quickly and accurately.'

Say it Dega.....

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 3m3 minutes ago
Not sounding good for TE Larry Donnell. May have fracture in neck #Giants

Might end up on IR if that is the case.

Weston Richburg practiced today on a limited basis with a high ankle sprain. They'll have to see how he comes out of practice to determine if he'll play or not against the Redskins.

LJ11

I think it's amazing that we have definitive closure on whether or not the Cowboys O-Line made Demarco Murray. The answer is a resounding YES.

I don't think that's completely fair, but that OL certainly made last year's numbers a lot better than they would have been.

Personally, it just goes to show that some guys are just looking for max dollars, and would give up a good spot to get that paper. Nothing wrong with that, but year after year we see players move around in FA and a few inevitably land on teams where they don't quite fit, they're surrounded by other poor players, etc.

None of these guys sit and watch tape before they make a decision, their agents shop them around and they inevitably sign for the most dollars, scheme/fit/team be damned. Again, nothing wrong with that, but Murray is just the latest example.

bionic77

You need at least a good OL for a great RB to put up numbers.

If 3 defenders are in the backfield on every play a second after the snap you are just not going to have a great running game even if you have a legend like Bam Bam Morris back there smoking a joint before he sprints into the endzone.

eznark

Banned
Could you imagine if we have the undefeated Patriots meet the undefeated Panthers in the Owl? Whew.

Even I think this would be awesome

None of these guys sit and watch tape before they make a decision, their agents shop them around and they inevitably sign for the most dollars, scheme/fit/team be damned. Again, nothing wrong with that, but Murray is just the latest example.

I feel like the only positions that do do that are linebackers and QB's, not surprisingly they are also the positions which demand the most intelligence.

I don't think that's completely fair, but that OL certainly made last year's numbers a lot better than they would have been.

Personally, it just goes to show that some guys are just looking for max dollars, and would give up a good spot to get that paper. Nothing wrong with that, but year after year we see players move around in FA and a few inevitably land on teams where they don't quite fit, they're surrounded by other poor players, etc.

Eagles OL was bad last year, with the same guys, but it was no where near the disaster it has been this year. Also since Chip joined the Eagles they are one of the top rushing teams in the league. Not sure what there was that could have warned Murray that things would have gone like this.

MechDX

Quick and easy idea for Thanksgiving for Chris and BG:

Buy a smoked turkey. Put in roaster pan and warm in oven a couple hours. No basting needed since it is already smoked.

Mash some potatoes.

Go to the deli in your local store and grab a container of gravy. You can use the jarred stuff but not as good.

Mix 2 cans green beans, can of cream of mushroom soup and French fried onions in a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes

Warm up some Kings Hawaiian rolls.

Full meal with less than an hour of prep time.

LJ11

If 3 defenders are in the backfield on every play a second after the snap you are just not going to have a great running game even if you have a legend like Bam Bam Morris back there smoking a joint before he sprints into the endzone.

Right, its not what the back does in the first few yards, its what he does after. Making guys miss, breaking tackles, that's where a back earns his money. Granted, there are other qualities backs possess, not downplaying those areas, but you need to give him a few blocks before he can do his thing.

Edit: yankeehater, there may not have been a warning, but Murray was running behind the youngest most talented line in football and churning yards like never before. If I'm Murray, I don't need a warning, I'm running behind those cats for a few million less. Not to mention that 8 man boxes with Dez in the lineup, not so much.

Buy a smoked turkey. Put in roaster pan and warm in oven a couple hours. No basting needed since it is already smoked.

Mash some potatoes.

Go to the deli in your local store and grab a container of gravy. You can use the jarred stuff but not as good.

Mix 2 cans green beans, can of cream of mushroom soup and French fried onions in a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes

Not enough booty based products for Trejo, and not enough disappointment for BG in that meal.

cdyhybrid

Thomas Rawls disagrees.

Mash some potatoes.

Some good advice, thanks friend.

Zeke

I don't think the Dallas oline made Murray not at all. I think the oline and Murray had legit chemistry. Murray was the right back for this team too. All of that showed last season I'm still irritated he left but you gotta get paid and I can't hate him for that. I do think if he had stayed and Romo and Dez went down like they did he could have been the difference maker in that losing streak. Maybe behind him we could have picked up a win or two.

MechDX

I'll still be ready to make fun of Tom Brady, don't worry. See you in the playoffs with Peyton Manning though :)

lol1.gif

Hindl

I have grown up around Eagles fans and I wish my PA bros nothing but goodwill, but I am not sure I want to see the Eagles in the SuperBowl. Even though I would like our odds against Sanchez I get the feeling that my PA bros would not handle victory over us in a graceful manner if they pulled it off.

I could be wrong but the Eagles is one fanbase that may not be gracious winners. I don't want to see you guys turn out like the Pats did...

It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, since Eagles fans have been enduring shit for decades now about not winning a Super Bowl from our NFC East rivals. That inevitably causes anger and passion, and this city is starved for one. Which causes our fanbase to go nuts, and basically demand head coaches' heads once they start losing - see the end of Andy's career, even though he was the arguably best coach the Eagles ever had. And because we fans have been taunted for so long, of course if they won we would be arrogant and shitty about it, because it's been shoved in our faces all these years. And then people would see that and think even less of the fanbase (if that's even possible). And the cycle continues

I don't think the Dallas oline made Murray not at all. I think the oline and Murray had legit chemistry. Murray was the right back for this team too. All of that showed last season I'm still irritated he left but you gotta get paid and I can't hate him for that. I do think if he had stayed and Romo and Dez went down like they did he could have been the difference maker in that losing streak. Maybe behind him we could have picked up a win or two.

I agree, the Dallas O Line was legit, but Murray was also playing lights out. Both helped each other, as evidenced by the slow start the Dallas running game had early in the season

MRSA

Banned
I have to work 10-10 tomorrow.

Going to smoke some turkey moink balls in the am to bring to work. Also bringing my TV and PS4 to play some Battlefront with my coworkers.

Zeke

What do you think the Texans could get if they shopped Clowney? BoB and crew have to regret not taking Kelly L. Mack.
Not much honestly. Injured more than he plays it seems like. Hasn't been the lights out player everyone expected. Hes played 12 games and started 8. 1.5 sacks, 22 tackles and 4 passes defended. Late round pick and a player or two. Someone will get fleeced tho.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
A line can be good at run blocking and poor at pass blocking.

Also Wussle probably doesn't help his cause by rolling out on every other throw. Learn how to throw in the pocket you fraud ass fraud!

Don't hate on rollouts just because they make Ben look fat(ter).

Top Bottom