• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Trey

Can't really argue with these numbers at all

aGJffmu.png

Cam is balling absolutely out of control

Doesn't include two long Ginn TD drops, either.

What facts did you state exactly in that post besides that you lost to the eagles? What you described in literally a moral victory whether you want to admit it or not.
Call it what you want but we're all lying to ourselves if we don't think the Pats will be unstoppable with their top players out there. I'm not trying spin up moral victories though. Pats lost. That sucks. But even in these bad losses the Pats are in it until the last minute. Same thing last week. If the Pats are gonna lose I like seeing them fight until the end. I tend to believe that if Gronk and Edelman were out there those comeback drives would result in a win. They're not there so it doesn't really matter and the Pats still lost but watching these last two games, even though they were losses, makes me think the Pats can genuinely win the super bowl this year even more than when they were undefeated and beating up on the NFL. More so with the Broncos game than this eagles game since the Broncos are actually a good team and the Eagles are bad, but still it's better than not putting up a fight.

Call it a moral victory if you want, but I think I'm just saying the obvious.

Milchjon

That's normal for any defensive player that's known by name. If they're playing well, they're invisible. If they get burned, it's haw-haw turrible.

Well, of course. But there seem to be two kinds of shit talking about corners in particular. There are the ones who get called out for being shit on the regular. And then there's the one that's used whenever a legit corner is being beat, which is weird to use for Butler, who's still an undrafted guy in his first real year.

Milchjon

Nah, people in this very thread were hyping him up as being on Sherman/Revis level, saying it didn't even matter that Revis left, before the season even started.

Then we went out and had Antonio Brown eat his lunch and people were STILL going on about how he was one of the best in the game.

No one actually did this. Only way you think they did is if you can't tell someone is being a troll or a bread.

It's rumored he can get out of his contract if there is an ownership change. And that he wants out anyway since they need to rebuild. So the Saints would be willing to trade him. But he only has two years left on his deal, so he would have to sign an extension wherever he goes.

His dream job is Dallas but idk if he would work for Jerry

He doesn't mind Jerry I think. He liked him before when he was here

And I actually like Garrett, but you take Sean Payton 100/100 times if the opportunity presents itself.

Jerry being in love with Garrett would make that situation a little rough for him and Jerry the emotional owner might not let Jerry the GM let him go

Arizona is a great team too.

Yeah Arizona is real good. That would be a hell of an NFC championship game

If Carolina does go undefeated, what's the chances of them believing their own hype a bit too much and monumentally choking in the Play-Offs?

I'm sure the Patriots could get Jerry Rice to work out for them at this point.

If the Pats are looking for some Panther's magic to rub off on them at WR Rae Carruth is due for release soon, I guess...

LionPride

Banned
If the Panthers do go undefeated, what's the chances of them believing their own hype a bit too much and monumentally choking in the Play-Offs?

If the Pats are looking for some Panther's magic to rub off on them at WR Rae Carruth is due for release soon, I guess...

Don't speak that evil to existence regarding the Panthers. They're gonna go 19-0!

I hope

Milchjon

What other teams have comparable injury problems? Not an excuse, just curious.

Ravens have more people on IR, Steelers have as many as the Pats. Both seem to struggle a lot more, and that doesn't even include guys who didn't go to IR.

You have a very selective memory. And you give the lifelongs far too much credit, classifying them as trolls.
I'd like to see some of these posts. Cause all the guys I really talk to were scared as hell after Revis left. Just because a guy has a few good plays in one game, we don't think he's gonna be the next Revis.

Beach

I mean I get that Butler may have been hyped up by Pats fans but how are you getting worked up by fans hyping up the player who won a super bowl for them. I've hyped Terrell Pryor worse for having a touchdown drive.

squicken

He doesn't mind Jerry I think. He liked him before when he was here

And I actually like Garrett, but you take Sean Payton 100/100 times if the opportunity presents itself.

Jerry being in love with Garrett would make that situation a little rough for him and Jerry the emotional owner might not let Jerry the GM let him go

Jerry has control of personnel in DAL. Payton has Loomis as GM but basically has control of personnel. Would lose some power if he took over in DAL

Chris Sprow @SprowESPN
Doesn't diminish Cam, but AVERAGE passer rating against #Saints is 116. Cam at 122 today. Biz as usual, and biz is bad.

brentech

What other teams have comparable injury problems? Not an excuse, just curious.

Packers.
Lost starting MLB first game, Jordy before the season. Thursday night they only had 1 starting lineman playing at one point.
Injuries to secondary has left 3 rookies playing back there sometimes.

LBers have been up and down all year. Every team is getting it.

Bread

Banned
I mean I get that Butler may have been hyped up by Pats fans but how are you getting worked up by fans hyping up the player who won a super bowl for them. I've hyped Terrell Pryor worse for having a touchdown drive.
pats fans aren't allowed to have fun on here

Mory Dunz

Ted Ginn is the worst reciever ever.

Remember that drop against the colts, fellow fans? Or many before that.

Imagine how much better we would be if we had a real wide reciever....heck even a mediocre one would be nice. (can't wait for kelvin)

High if they play the Seahawks.

But I think this was their wake-up call.

We keep everygame close. So dunno about a wakeup call.
Cam misses easy throws and randomly hits an almost impossible one. Such is life.

cdyhybrid

No one is getting worked up about them hyping up Butler. If anything I'm glad they do it, it's given us great entertainment this season.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I was actually more confident that the texans could beat the pats before the eagles won than I am now. lol

Crisco

Banned
If Carolina does go undefeated, what's the chances of them believing their own hype a bit too much and monumentally choking in the Play-Offs?

We're a good team and Cam is clutch as hell, but Arizona, GB or even Seattle beating us in the playoffs won't be a shock, no matter how we finish the regular season. Saints flat out played well today. Had our D scouted and attacked us the right way, vertical routes straight at our safeties. Cam is a goddamn boss though.

Tom Penny

Can't say I thought the Pats would embarrass themselves especially at home but they did just that.I was very impressed with them going Pagano on special teams trying weird ass onside kicks for god knows why. Atrocious everything.

Milchjon

No one is getting worked up about them hyping up Butler. If anything I'm glad they do it, it's given us great entertainment this season.

You're misrepresenting other people's judgement of a situation, and then take joy from the fact that your version of other people's stories isn't true.

I should try that once, seems like a real easy, real cheap way to got some happiness/schadenfreude. And it doesn't even have to be limited to sports!

npa189

Warms my heart when the Pats suck, The panthers day will come soon, no one ever goes undefeated even if they have Shula magic.

cdyhybrid

Ravens have more people on IR, Steelers have as many as the Pats. Both seem to struggle a lot more, and that doesn't even include guys who didn't go to IR.

I'd like to see some of these posts. Cause all the guys I really talk to were scared as hell after Revis left. Just because a guy has a few good plays in one game, we don't think he's gonna be the next Revis.

I'm not doing your homework for you, so I'll just grab one.

Butler has been insanely good right now. He's shutting brown down. Even on that one catch he had tight coverage

There you go. Calling him insanely good as Antonio Brown is stomping on his dick. Figuratively, of course.

Top Bottom