• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

squicken

Pep was right

-The Patriots were 94-0 when leading at home by 8 points at any time of a game since 2001

-Chip outcoached Belichick yesterday. File that in the "genius" jokes drawer

-Helps when the QB doesn't turn it over of course. Brady is great but they missed Gronk

-Brady had the numbers but the Eagles do not have a functional middle linebacker. Kendricks is lost and Kiko is not an NFL player right now

-Brady would have been the Eagles leading receiver along with Matthews w/36 yards

-Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Tom Brady combined: 7 TDs 8 INTs vs PHI

-Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford combined: 10 TDs 0 INTs vs PHI

-Eagles 5-4 in games Bradford starts and finishes. 0-2 in Sanchez games. Were winning MIA game when Bradford hurt

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=360744561
1) There is a ton of faith in Sam Bradford in the Eagles' locker room, and if you're one of the people who made up their mind on the guy three weeks into the season, it might be time to take an objective look at his performance over the two months since. Bradford was just 14-for-24 for 120 yards but he made a handful of beautiful throws in high-leverage situations, including a first down to Riley Cooper with a man in his face on third-and-11 with 2:49 remaining and the Eagles clinging to a lead that the Patriots had shaved from 21 to seven.

In his last seven games, he has completed 64 percent of his passes for 1,739 yards with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions. Graham referred to him as "our leader" as he talked about the energy the quarterback brought to the locker room before the game.

2) Any issue in the Eagles' locker room is/was amongst players as much as it was with coaches/scheme. Jenkins and Graham both talked about a new sense of accountability that percolated in the NovaCare Complex last week, with both players and coaches demanding excellence from each other.

"Everything people said we can't do, we've done before," Jenkins said.

"It's set up," Graham said, noting the Giants' loss to the Jets earlier in the day. "We've just got to stay together. It's on us."

The fact that Miles Austin was relegated to the inactive list and DeMarco Murray was used as a glorified third-stringer for the majority of the game spoke volumes.

I really hope Chip gets it with Murray. He does not run hard. I don't care if Barner fumbled. Keep playing him. Austin should be cut. Go sign whichever WR is on Seattle's or Pittsburgh's practice squad

bionic77

Steelers-Panthers SB
Steelers probably lose that game unless the Panthers choke in the first half and we are able to build up a big lead.

A good defense goes a long ass way in the playoffs.

I would much rather see the Cardinals if the Steelers could bullshit their way to that game.

squicken

Steelers probably lose that game unless the Panthers choke in the first half and we are able to build up a big lead.

A good defense goes a long ass way in the playoffs.

I would much rather see the Cardinals if the Steelers could bullshit their way to that game.

Grover and I both mentioned this yesterday, but the NFC is going to come down to avoiding Seattle in the 2nd round. They are certainly beatable, but it will be tough to beat SEA and then have to play AZ or CAR the next week. If anything, I would bet on SEA winning the NFC

Diablos

It's going to be hard for the Steelers to beat the Bengals and Broncos... but we have to beat them both. If we can do that I think we would be in a good position to get to the SB.

bionic77

Grover and I both mentioned this yesterday, but the NFC is going to come down to avoiding Seattle in the 2nd round. They are certainly beatable, but it will be tough to beat SEA and then have to play AZ or CAR the next week. If anything, I would bet on SEA winning the NFC
Seattle needs home field in my opinion to go to the SB.

It is hard for me to see Seattle beating Carolina on the road.

But if you want to beat a really good team your best bet is always the divisional. Come out and try and knock them out in the first half.

rando14

Everything's coming up milhouse!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I use that quote in real life and people have no idea what I'm talking about :-(

Probably loses something in translation

Plus I hear that there's no comedy in Germany

Pep was right

-The Patriots were 94-0 when leading at home by 8 points at any time of a game since 2001

-Chip outcoached Belichick yesterday. File that in the "genius" jokes drawer

-Helps when the QB doesn't turn it over of course. Brady is great but they missed Gronk

-Brady had the numbers but the Eagles do not have a functional middle linebacker. Kendricks is lost and Kiko is not an NFL player right now

-Brady would have been the Eagles leading receiver along with Matthews w/36 yards

-Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Tom Brady combined: 7 TDs 8 INTs vs PHI

-Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford combined: 10 TDs 0 INTs vs PHI

-Eagles 5-4 in games Bradford starts and finishes. 0-2 in Sanchez games. Were winning MIA game when Bradford hurt

I really hope Chip gets it with Murray. He does not run hard. I don't care if Barner fumbled. Keep playing him. Austin should be cut. Go sign whichever WR is on Seattle's or Pittsburgh's practice squad

You're bragging on a 5-7 team that beat a better team (that cheats) through a blocked punt for a TD, punt return for a TD, and a TAINT.

Sorry if I'm not going to drink this water anytime soon. The winner of the NFC East is going to be 7-9.

Happy Birthday, Floyd!

Thank you Milch.. I hope you are having a good day.

Antonio Brown. Super Bowl MVP. I cal feel it in my bones.

Words that I never want uttered for $1200 Alex..

Pep was right

Pep was right? Nope

Only 1 team has been elimated from the playoffs.

The browns

Good.. Everything is how it's supposed to be.

Happy birthday. The Pats loss was a good present!

I'd have preferred a steelers loss. But thank you anyway Pep..

Now if Fanatic can be a bro and beat PD in fantasy this week so I can hold my 1 seed in the playoffs.. That would be great.

So Browns housecleaning and Fantasy Bullshit.. Make it happen universe.

Jimmy Haslam hasn't assured Browns' Mike Pettine he'll make it through the season

I think he probably does. If Haslam fires him early, it might actually scare the team into winning a game or two, which cannot happen.

Bert... Why are you ruining my birthday man.. Why? Why?

You are probably right though..

Draxal

Fwiw, I'd recommend watching a game in person from the upper deck. TV doesn't show how bad safeties are at with the cover 2.

Decker versus the Giants out of the slot yesterday had that in route all day against Dahl.

Pepiope

You're bragging on a 5-7 team that beat a better team (that cheats) through a blocked punt for a TD, punt return for a TD, and a TAINT.

Sorry if I'm not going to drink this water anytime soon. The winner of the NFC East is going to be 7-9.
Beating NE in NE is a big accomplishment regardless of how it's done. They have a plethora of cheat codes available to them there and they still came up short.

Milchjon

Simpsons might be the single instance of an American show/film that I prefer in German. It's usually well-translated and I like the voices better.

I think it's mostly lost in age difference. Kids these days don't know good ol Simpsons.

jmdajr

is 6-10 possible? Or not at this point.

I clicked on the philly.com link that squicken posted and had a look at the report card one of their columnists gave for the game.

Gave the passing offence an A-

Sam-Bradford-Reads-Playbook-and-Shakes-His-Head.gif

Beach

I'm still really sore after playing football on Saturday. My legs don't want to work right now.
Hah, same thing happened to me after playing on Thanksgiving morning. Was sore the rest of the day through. This was a year hiatus though, don't know in your case

Pepiope

I clicked on the philly.com link that squicken posted and had a look at the report card one of their columnists gave for the game.

Gave the passing offence an A-

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Sam-Bradford-Reads-Playbook-and-Shakes-His-Head.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
He threw two touchdowns and the entire 2nd half we were burning clock. Big plays were made in the passing game when they had to be, A+.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So we're totally going to pretend like the 45-14 ass whooping that the Lions gave you all didn't count? Or the 45-17 one by the Bucs before it?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The problem with having a superstar like Watt on your team is that the other players sit back and wait for him to do something. Guys were just hanging on their blocks waiting for Watt to penetrate.

Yea I don't think it was this at all.

The bills threw the ball I think 7 times in the first half. Their play calling was actually very good, they were doing misdirection runs all over the place. Or pulling half the line so the runner has 4 or 5 blockers out in front of him running to one side. One guy misses a tackle at the line that would be a stop for no gain to 3 yards and instead McCoy runs for 35+ yards. Or they have him wrapped up and he still gets out. McCoy is very good at that. Their offensive game plan was very good. And while McCoy was out being evaluated for a concussion the bills offense did a whole lot of nothing.

I was also very impressed with Tyrod Taylor, in addition to being a very mobile QB, which the Texans like many team struggle with, he gets the ball out very fast.

The disappointing part is Andre Hall had a pick six late in the 4th quarter hit him square in the hands and he dropped it. No one would have even touched him and it probably wins the game.

Yea I don't think it was this at all.

The bills threw the ball I think 7 times in the first half. Their play calling was actually very good, they were doing misdirection runs all over the place. One guy misses a tackle at the line that would be a stop for no gain to 3 yards and instead McCoy runs for 35+ yards. Or they have him wrapped up and he still gets out. McCoy is very good at that. Their offensive game plan was very good. And while McCoy was out being evaluated for a concussion the bills offense did a whole lot of nothing.

I was also very impressed with Tyrod Taylor, in addition to being a very mobile QB, which the Texans like many team struggle with, he gets the ball out very fast.

The disappointing part is Andre Hall had a pick six late in the 4th quarter hit him square in the hands and he dropped it. No one would have even touched him and it probably wins the game.

I wasn't talking about the Bills game specifically.

Texans are a schizo D. One week they look unstoppable the next they look like they couldn't give less of a shit.

Hah, same thing happened to me after playing on Thanksgiving morning. Was sore the rest of the day through. This was a year hiatus though, don't know in your case

Yeah, it's been about a year since I last played.

Went to watch my uni play our local rivals yesterday and it was so bad that I feel like dusting off my helmet and pads and playing again because there's no way I could be much worse. Kids these days, how can you let a receiver get behind you when you know the opposition is going to try a Hail Mary?

He threw two touchdowns and the entire 2nd half we were burning clock. Big plays were made in the passing game when they had to be, A+.

Now that's more like it, a grade truly befitting of 5 YPA.

Pepiope

So we're totally going to pretend like the 45-14 ass whooping that the Lions gave you all didn't count? Or the 45-17 one by the Bucs before it?
No, but are we going to pretend that they didn't show heart after said ass whoopings to beat one of best teams in the NFL after being down 14-0 early in the game?

Teams that squeak into the playoffs have made the Super Bowl in the past, and they've even gone on to win it (looking at the Giants, that sucky ass Cardinals team the Steelers barely beat).

Are we also pretending that those blow out losses weren't with Sanchez at the helm? No one has faith in him, not even the players.

Team has new life. Bradford 4-1 in the last 5 games he started and finished. Buffalo getting ready to come in and get rolled.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
how are they even considering bringing back Luck with a torn abdomen and a lacerated kidney? Some other player went out the week before Luck with a lacerated kidney and he's on IR.

Like not even speaking about Colts vs Texans or division or anything like that, I just think its crazy that they ever considering bringing him back.

eznark

Banned
So I have not watched the Eagles - Patriots game but I'm struggling to figure out how this game makes the Eagles a super Bowl favorite.

Outgained by almost 200 yards, Patriots have almost twice as many first downs, 30% more ToP, Bradford threw for 120 yards, Genius Offense couldn't even muster 250 yards with their new savior QB back.

It's great that they won but it looks flukey as all the fucks. Two special teams touchdowns and a pick 6 were essentially the entire offense. Chip da Gawd,

Eagles score 3 non-offensive touchdowns and the Patriots still have a chance to win. That's lunacy.

Dear Eagles fans,

Could you please do everybody a favour and give us a couple of days to enjoy this hilarious Pats defeat before you start with this shit and ruin everything?

Signed,

Everybody

Pepiope

I never said we were Super Bowl favorites, I said we have a chance as we showed signs of life. And an argument should never begin with "I didn't watch the game, but..."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I never said we were Super Bowl favorites, I said we have a chance as we showed signs of life. And an argument should never begin with "I didn't watch the game, but..."

So you're saying that the stats aren't telling the whole story and that the eyeball test would show something completely different?

Who knew we had so many closeted Patriots fans? Sorry Chip and Sam stepped on your Uggs yesterday

squicken pls

It's too early in the week for this kind of disrespect

Sorry if Packer fans will never pat the Eagles on the back for....anything. In this case though, I think we're totally in the right.

Fox318

5-7

Y'all should be wearing animu avatars and discussing the merits of subtitled vs dubbed anime.
You watch subs.

There are maybe like 5 good dubs ever.

Golden Boy
Ghost in the Shell
Full metal alchemist
Princess Mononoke
Big Windup!

eznark

Banned

Clearly I was asking you to explain where the optimism is coming from, since it looks to me like Chip's offense completely and utterly shit the bed despite the savior coming back. I was making no argument.

I was a little sad to see the line because Squicken told me Sam Bradford became the best QB in football history last night. He has a nice Jason Campbell line there, but probably not enough interceptions to give him a great PFF grade.

bionic77

Pep please stop it.

The Pats are total frauds. Don't be a homer and just look at their record. They have a system qb without system players. They are fucked. The AFC is so bad that they could still make noise in the playoffs, but for all intents and purposes they are done.

No amount of cheating can make up for not having talent at basic positions.

jmdajr

how are they even considering bringing back Luck with a torn abdomen and a lacerated kidney? Some other player went out the week before Luck with a lacerated kidney and he's on IR.

Like not even speaking about Colts vs Texans or division or anything like that, I just think its crazy that they ever considering bringing him back.

Colts really don't have to panic unless they lose to the Jags. Then they will really want Luck back.

edit: I think Texans have a chance against Pats. They have actually done pretty well against pocket passers. Especially if Gronk is out. Granted, still won't pick them to win.

Top Bottom