• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

jmdajr

Bob and Romoe and Vince have to have some knowledge.

Granted that's one thing to plan, and another to execute.

Plus Bill can counter too.

In my opinion we will lose, but not by a lot.

Pepiope

I do not understand why DeMarco Murray is ever on the football field.

And every throw beyond 5 yards in the first half for Bradford was about 7 miles off target.

Are the Eagles the most penalized team in football this year?
1. As you already said, you didn't watch the game, the Eagles slowed everything down in the 2nd half.

2. Murray was essentially benched yesterday

3. Why do you care if Eagle fans are optimistic about the Eagles?

eznark

Banned
1. As you already said, you didn't watch the game, the Eagles slowed everything down in the 2nd half.

2. Murray was essentially benched yesterday

3. Why do you care if Eagle fans are optimistic about the Eagles?

I'm literally watching it right now. And neat, he played better in the second half. He was real bad the vast majority of the first half and good lord was he lucky that he wasn't picked off from their own 7.

"Bradford had all day to throw and he throws a 3 yard out on 3rd an 8" Booth summed up Bradford concisely.

Pepiope

How much is D. Murray getting paid vs how much McCoy was?
For the price of McCoy, we got Murray and Mathews plus 2-3M of cap IIRC.

I still wish we used Murray to pound the rock at the end of the game, but if Chip wanted to send him a message....mission accomplished.

MechDX

dkOioHs.gif

"Get tha fuck out of here!'

Hindl

For the price of McCoy, we got Murray and Mathews plus 2-3M of cap IIRC.

I still wish we used Murray to pound the rock at the end of the game, but if Chip wanted to send him a message....mission accomplished.

+ Alonso with the trade. Murray isn't working out tho, he doesn't seem like a proper fit in this offense. He could work as part of a committee like now, but with Mathews taking the premier back slot. I'm not sure if that's something he'd be happy with tho

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
dkOioHs.gif

"Get tha fuck out of here!'

IIRC that was after the refs called chop block on ryan griffin. The problem being griffin engaged first, fell to the ground and then a blocker engaged high, but apparently all the ref saw was two guys kind of hitting the same guy. Shouldn't have been a penalty, and it was a killer 15 yarder.

Pepiope

I'm literally watching it right now. And neat, he played better in the second half. He was real bad the vast majority of the first half and good lord was he lucky that he wasn't picked off from their own 7.

"Bradford had all day to throw and he throws a 3 yard out on 3rd an 8" Booth summed up Bradford concisely.
You have to remember that Bradford isn't 100% back from his injury either. He's definitely played better these past few games than he did at the beginning of the season. The Eagles are supposed to be a power run team, but their best RB was out and Murray was benched, Bradford didn't make many mistakes, and that's key.

eznark

Banned
Oh my god. Maybe don't make Tom Brady run 30 yards ever again. The INT after that was possibly the worst throw of his career.

Or maybe it was lingering effects of this tackle attempt

OilyUnselfishInganue.gif

Defending champs missing players, in control of your division and you got no confidence, lol, try being a Giants fan, 5 of their 7 loses they blew the lead the 4th quarter, 3 of those the mental midget QB fucked up...

Giants fans should be used to that by now. Seems every season they have at least three chokejobs.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You have to remember that Bradford isn't 100% back from his injury either. He's definitely played better these past few games than he did at the beginning of the season. The Eagles are supposed to be a power run team, but their best RB was out and Murray was benched, Bradford didn't make many mistakes, and that's key.

yea, as soon as he gets healthy, he's going to be elite.

bionic77

Im more confused by the asstastic coaching. They cant control injuries but I can do without onside kick fuckball and whatnot.
The downside of cheating is sometimes you might steal from a legit moron like Mike Tomlin.

I have no doubt that the 20 yard drop fake onside kick was in our playbook. Hope you guys usethe fake FG that takes 2 minutes so it doesn't surprise the defense next week. We need to start sabotaging the saboteurs!

Tom Penny

Oh my god. Maybe don't make Tom Brady run 30 yards ever again. The INT after that was possibly the worst throw of his career.

OilyUnselfishInganue.gif

That wasnt even worse than his Amendola pick which auto erased points.

eznark

Banned
That wasnt even worse than his Amendola pick which auto erased points.

The Amendola one (the one after he caught that pass) is the one I was referring to. I just like his tackle attempt on that gif.

The third quarter and the first drive of the 4th is the worst I've ever seen him play that I can remember. Woof.

The Amendola one (the one after he caught that pass) is the one I was referring to. I just like his tackle attempt on that gif.

The third quarter and the first drive of the 4th is the worst I've ever seen him play that I can remember. Woof.

Huh? Wasn't the INT after his reception the deep ball to LaFell where LaFell didn't finish the route?

Man you guys are grumpy. A team gets a highly improbable win that not a single person predicted on the road against the SB champs just a week after everyone was deep throating Brock's balls and the fans aren't supposed to be able to enjoy it? Bunch of Belichicks in here.

eznark

Banned
Huh? Wasn't the INT after his reception the deep ball to LaFell where LaFell didn't finish the route?

Was it LaFell? I'm watching the condensed game without audio, didn't catch the jersey. Receiver was bracketed regardless. It was a terrible decision.

James White is the best offensive skill player on the field in this game ad it's giving me a boner.

Was it LaFell? I'm watching the condensed game without audio, didn't catch the jersey. Receiver was bracketed regardless. It was a terrible decision.

James White is the best offensive skill player on the field in this game ad it's giving me a boner.

Yeah. The Amendola INT is the one in the gif

eznark

Banned
^Gotcha. Was confused by the question I guess. I didn't think that throw was as bad. Brady fits those in their with some frequency. The lob to a bracketed LaFell was just a shit decision.

Oh my god LaFell's drop on that slant on 2nd and ten on the last drive. What a killer. That cold have been housed.

Hindl

http://giant.gfycat.com/OilyUnselfishInganue.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Eagles D really came up big in this game, but a big reason why the Eagles won is that Brady was really out of character and played really poorly. Can't count on that again

Pep was right

-The Patriots were 94-0 when leading at home by 8 points at any time of a game since 2001

-Chip outcoached Belichick yesterday. File that in the "genius" jokes drawer

-Helps when the QB doesn't turn it over of course. Brady is great but they missed Gronk

-Brady had the numbers but the Eagles do not have a functional middle linebacker. Kendricks is lost and Kiko is not an NFL player right now

-Brady would have been the Eagles leading receiver along with Matthews w/36 yards

-Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Tom Brady combined: 7 TDs 8 INTs vs PHI

-Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford combined: 10 TDs 0 INTs vs PHI

-Eagles 5-4 in games Bradford starts and finishes. 0-2 in Sanchez games. Were winning MIA game when Bradford hurt

I really hope Chip gets it with Murray. He does not run hard. I don't care if Barner fumbled. Keep playing him. Austin should be cut. Go sign whichever WR is on Seattle's or Pittsburgh's practice squad

Yeah I totally came here to post that start about the Pats never losing at home with an 8 point or greater lead. 94 other QBs had failed but then Sam Bradford stepped up and showed them how it is done.

He threw two touchdowns and the entire 2nd half we were burning clock. Big plays were made in the passing game when they had to be, A+.

Eagles offense literally took the 4th quarter off, plus no killer TO's today. Bradford was great in this game. Please Chip sign him now before it is to late. Also notice no Austin and suddenly no horrible drops. I hope the Eagles just cut him.

rando14

Yeah the Eagles D really came up big in this game, but a big reason why the Eagles won is that Brady was really out of character and played really poorly. Can't count on that again

No Gronk
Insane number of drops
No Gronk
Brady coulda played better
No Gronk
No Gronk

Yup that's an L

I've come to accept that deep in my heart I want the Cowboys to lose tonight.
Both for the better draft pick and that I want the racists to win the division

eznark

Banned
Ok pep, watched the entire game.

Both offensive lines were just wholly overmatched. Goodness. Watt should have a career next week.

James White was the only consistent offensive player on the football field.

That game may hold the record for most checkdowns.

Patriots had some really abysmal drops. They are basically the Packers when they don't have Gronk. That's not fun to watch.

Murray is a waste.

Bradford completed three "plus" throws all game, two were on the same drive. GOAT, squicks.

Eagles were really hampered by their undisciplined offensive line, particularly in the first half, but i think part of that is the scheme doesn't allow Bradford to put them in positions to succeed. Even if he recognizes blitzes or stunts based on alignment, his ability to check out is neutered forcing the linemen to make due...which results in holds, hands to the face and false starts. I swear Peters could get called for a false start on like 60% of their passing plays.

That was a bad football game.

Godslay

Banned
I like the Brockos.

Team feels pretty solid all-around

Brock is green, but confident and can make all the throws. Decision making will get better as the game comes to him. I think PM has to sit the rest of the way, this is Brock's team now.

Just stay healthy and hope for the best is all we can do.

Hindl

No Gronk
Insane number of drops
No Gronk
Brady coulda played better
No Gronk
No Gronk

Yup that's an L

Gronk would've slaughtered us. Without him Brady didn't really go in the middle of the field much, which is where our D seems to have the most problems. Gronk on crossing routes would not go well with our D

Tom Penny

There was so much fuckball in the Pats game that I cant even blame the D. Random onside kick to give the Eagles the ball mid field resulting in a TD. Then blocked punt TD, pick 6, kick return for a TD back to back to back. 21 points without Eagles offense touching the ball. I cant really compare that shit to anything. They turned into the Browns.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Johnny Manziel will return as starting QB for the Cleveland Browns after two-game benching for off-field missteps, sources told @mortreport.

Johnny should call Mallett and discuss how to handle himself as the starter over a few lines of blow

Ok pep, watched the entire game.

Both offensive lines were just wholly overmatched. Goodness. Watt should have a career next week.

James White was the only consistent offensive player on the football field.

That game may hold the record for most checkdowns.

Patriots had some really abysmal drops. They are basically the Packers when they don't have Gronk. That's not fun to watch.

Murray is a waste.

Bradford completed three "plus" throws all game, two were on the same drive. GOAT, squicks.

Eagles were really hampered by their undisciplined offensive line, particularly in the first half, but i think part of that is the scheme doesn't allow Bradford to put them in positions to succeed. Even if he recognizes blitzes or stunts based on alignment, his ability to check out is neutered forcing the linemen to make due...which results in holds, hands to the face and false starts. I swear Peters could get called for a false start on like 60% of their passing plays.

That was a bad football game.

I'm sorry about the stray D battery that killed your dog.

eznark

Banned
They lost because their offensive line is not built to hold up to bad receivers struggling to get open. They adjusted in the 4th quarter with more RB combo routes and that helped. I expect them to sort of pick on Cushing next week.

You could blame the offensive line but I think they just aren't made to do what the Pats need them to do right now, which is sustain for five step drops as slow receivers try and get open. Gronk will fix all that.

Hey ez you should try to breakdown the giants/jets.

You might switch to MLS

I listened to that game on the radio, at least the 4th quarter. I am excited to watch it! They slaughtered Coughlin for the decision to go for it but to me it seemed fine, but I had like no context.

Greg

There was so much fuckball in the Pats game that I cant even blame the D. Random onside kick to give the Eagles the ball mid field resulting in a TD. Then blocked punt TD, pick 6, kick return for a TD back to back to back. 21 points without Eagles offense touching the ball. I cant really compare that shit to anything. They turned into the Browns.
actual shit

Top Bottom