• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Pepiope

Main point is just getting into the playoffs. We would be no different than any of the other 7 teams who make the playoffs without getting a bye week. At that point it's any given Sunday. Sorry for having optimism.

Fox318

Good Morning everyone!

Praise Jameis!

RJOj9.jpg

I never said we were Super Bowl favorites, I said we have a chance as we showed signs of life. And an argument should never begin with "I didn't watch the game, but..."

Yes, getting in is the first step. Given the shitshow of a division you're in, you've got a shot at that.

So, assume 4th seed.

Which means you play the 5th seed, which will either be Seattle (most likely imo), Minnesota (though they will likely slide to 6th or out) or Green Bay (least likely imo). Even if Tampa or Atlanta gets in, I'd wager it's at 6 with Seattle at 5.

The Eagles won't beat Seattle.

They could, however, beat Minnesota if they hold on to that 5th seed. I think this is the best chance the Eagles (or any of the shitty NFC Least teams) have of getting past the first round.

You would then either go into Carolina or Arizona, depending on how the 3rd/6th matchup goes. That's where the dream ends.

Hindl

Happy birthday Floyd!

Pep was right
I really hope Chip gets it with Murray. He does not run hard. I don't care if Barner fumbled. Keep playing him. Austin should be cut. Go sign whichever WR is on Seattle's or Pittsburgh's practice squad

Yeah he kept the faith. Still not sure how we pulled that out but that was a great all around effort.

I clicked on the philly.com link that squicken posted and had a look at the report card one of their columnists gave for the game.

Gave the passing offence an A-

Sam-Bradford-Reads-Playbook-and-Shakes-His-Head.gif

He was serviceable, made some good plays, and they moved the ball fairly well. He got a decent amount of yards taken away in the beginning. Maybe A- is a bit much but he played a pretty good game and stuck with the game plan.

And damn the Eagles are not Super Bowl bound just because of that win, Pep wasn't saying that. Yes we beat the Pats in Foxborough, which was huge, and something we never would've imagined. But it was a beat up Pats, and this doesn't erase the last two weeks. Like Chip said earlier in the season, if we go out next week and lose this win loses it's meaning. But we are in an incredibly weak division, and had an emotional win over a team no one was expecting us to beat, and now control our own destiny. Getting into the playoffs is just about getting hot at the right time. If the Eagles get hot now, they could sneak in and possibly get a win. I think once the divisional games were to start, the Eagles would be outclassed by the top of the NFC, but the playoffs aren't out of reach, which is more than I was expecting. Also, good on Chip for benching Austin, and realizing that Murray just wasn't working out. He's learning to adapt

Yes, getting in is the first step. Given the shitshow of a division you're in, you've got a shot at that.

So, assume 4th seed.

Which means you play the 5th seed, which will either be Seattle (most likely imo), Minnesota (though they will likely slide to 6th or out) or Green Bay (least likely imo). Even if Tampa or Atlanta gets in, I'd wager it's at 6 with Seattle at 5.

The Eagles won't beat Seattle.

They could, however, beat Minnesota if they hold on to that 5th seed. I think this is the best chance the Eagles (or any of the shitty NFC Least teams) have of getting past the first round.

You would then either go into Carolina or Arizona, depending on how the 3rd/6th matchup goes. That's where the dream ends.

Pretty much my thoughts. Still, I'll enjoy this win while I can

squicken

I was a little sad to see the line because Squicken told me Sam Bradford became the best QB in football history last night. He has a nice Jason Campbell line there, but probably not enough interceptions to give him a great PFF grade.

What optimism? The Eagles aren't good but have a 50-50 shot of winning their crap division. The offense played well yesterday given the context. The Pats are missing Hightower. That's it. They are remarkably healthy on defense. NE totally overwhelms Philly in talent.

After the Eagles scored to make it 14-7 NE, Philly ran 7 plays while NE ran 36 plays. The score when the Eagles got the ball back was 28-14. Philly had a punt block score and Brady threw two INTs in the Eagles EZ, one of which was a TAINT. The Eagles then went on a 12 play 80 yard TD drive to make in 35-14 and it was time killing mode after that.

Sorry about your Uggs

eznark

Banned
248 yards and 7 punts (on 10 possessions) is playing well? They had two drives that went more than 25 yards and 2 that had negative yards. The Patriots defense is healthy, big whup? They are a middle of the pack defense that generally gives up 340 yards a game. The Revolution couldn't even muster 250.

I know you are a Texans/Rams fan but surely you aren't completely unaware of what an offense that is playing well looks like, Squicken.

bionic77

Eagles fluked their way to a win over the Asterisks. We are all grateful surely, but refrain from getting your ring fingers fitted.
No one other than the Panthers should be talking titles at this point.

And with their lack of receivers even they are not a lock. But you can't complain when the best team in football is thinking about winning it all.

The injuries and stupid suspensions really kill me as a Steelers fan this year. This team could have really been special if we had stayed healthy. The offense has been unstoppable since Ben came back but just imagine the offense with Bell and Williams in the backfield and this group of receivers!

Dragon

Banned
Who knew we had so many closeted Patriots fans? Sorry Chip and Sam stepped on your Uggs yesterday

Sam did jack shit and you know it. He sucks, his receiving corp sucks. They might as well pass it to Sproles every time. The offense scored 14 points yesterday. The Patriots were just awful in every phase of the game. Coaching, offense, defense and special teams. They didn't deserve to come back and win that game. But to say Bradford did anything is some delusion!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
248 yards and 7 punts (on 10 possessions) is playing well? They had two drives that went more than 25 yards and 2 that had negative yards.

I know you are a Texans/Rams fan but surely you aren't completely unaware of what an offense that is playing well looks like, Squicken.

hey, he aint no Texans fan.

also where is your daily cam newton sucks posts? He *only* threw 5 TDs yesterday, probably could have had 7 if Ted Ginn Jr could catch the ball, so by your math he should have thrown 10 TDs yesterday.

eznark

Banned
The Offensive Revolution gained 100 fewer yards than the Patriots generally give up, punted 70% of the time and needed three non-O scores to eek out a win against a team whose offense is literally decimated by injury.

I've now watched the first four Eagles drives and Bradford is a fucking dumpster fire.

also where is your daily cam newton sucks posts? He *only* threw 5 TDs yesterday, probably could have had 7 if Ted Ginn Jr could catch the ball, so by your math he should have thrown 10 TDs yesterday.
Went XMas shopping with the kids yesterday, barely watched any football. I did watch their drive to score the go ahead touchdown though and was super impressed with that TD throw. He went to a second read!

I'm really looking forward to watching that game though because it sounded like the Panthers were just shitting in Browner's mouth all day long.

jmdajr

Since 2002, when new division started.

Colts have 9 divisions championships
Titans 2
Texans 2
Jags 0

edit: Patriot games have gotten much closer since the Giants games. Guess injuries just catching up.

No one other than the Panthers should be talking titles at this point.

And with their lack of receivers even they are not a lock. But you can't complain when the best team in football is thinking about winning it all.

The injuries and stupid suspensions really kill me as a Steelers fan this year. This team could have really been special if we had stayed healthy. The offense has been unstoppable since Ben came back but just imagine the offense with Bell and Williams in the backfield and this group of receivers!

We'd be 8-4 if Josh Scobee kicked that FG with a minute left against the Cravens.

Fuck Josh Scobee.

MechDX

Next week is gonna be great.

Why?

Pissed off Brady and Bill coming off a two game losing streak for the first time in like forever on SNF doesnt seem like much fun. Unless you are into that sort of thing.

There will be blood Dega.

Crisco

Banned
Uuuuugh, how am i supposed to get any work done if my football team won't lose a game? Thanks for trying Ginn......

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Why?

Pissed off Brady and Bill coming off a two game losing streak for the first time in like forever on SNF doesnt seem like much fun. Unless you are into that sort of thing.

There will be blood Dega.

I believe.

You also said they would beat the colts by 1 million because Brady was mad.

eznark

Banned
I do not understand why DeMarco Murray is ever on the football field.

And every throw beyond 5 yards in the first half for Bradford was about 7 miles off target.

Are the Eagles the most penalized team in football this year?

And every throw beyond 5 yards in the first half for Bradford was about 7 miles off target.

It's gotta be Buffalo.

e: nope, Tampa. Philly's around the middle of the pack

Hindl

Spoiler alert - he pretty much gets benched so you get your wish. Beyond another 15 yard run he doesn't really play the rest of the game. Sproles and Barner, our PS rookie guy, handled most of the touches. And we got a shitton of penalties to start the game, our team is still undisciplined, but they settle down as the game goes on. Still inexcusable. And Bradford did well enough to not lose the game. Do I wish we had a franchise QB? Yes, but Bradford does enough to not ruin it for us in this game. He's got a tough stretch coming up too. I still think the Eagles are gonna resign him in the offseason

eznark

Banned
He's Chip's guy, duh!

He's pissed that the Eagles o line aren't blowing college sized holes open for him like the Cowboys did. Watching Murray dehumanize his teammates on the sideline is awesome.

Sproles and Barner looked great. Each had 4.4 per carry. Murray? 3, and looked awful doing it.

Oh my god that pseudo-onside kick. Just zero respect from Bill.

HEY! Bradford finally made a good throw with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Top Bottom