• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

Godslay

Banned
What really murdered this team was the inability to pass deep down the field. I can't find any splits for the game but Os probably didn't pass the pall further than 10 yards more than 7 times all day. If you throw 45 times, you have to at least test the defense deep.

That's reliant on the ability to keep the defense honest. Largely through having some semblance of a run game, and any ability to protect the QB on the edges. If the defense is getting to the QB almost immediately and they don't fear or expect the run game, plays down the field will never develop. You'll never get to test them with that combo.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Cam is one of my favorites right now

Damn right!

steelers-browns-footb_broa-1.jpg

Tabris

First load this up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

Then read this:

SPENDING ALL MY NIGHTS, ALL MY MONEY
DOING ANYTHING JUST TO GET YOU OFF OF MY MIND
BUT WHEN THE MORNING COMES, I'M RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED AGAIN
AND TRYING TO FORGET YOU IS JUST A WASTE OF TIME

PEYTON COME BACK, ANY KIND OF FOOL COULD SEE
THERE WAS SOMETHING IN EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU
PEYTON COME BACK, YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON ME
THEY WERE WRONG, AND I CAN'T JUST LIVE WITHOUT YOU

ALL DAY LONG, WEARING A MASK OF FALSE BRAVADO
TRYING TO KEEP UP A SMILE THAT HIDES A TEAR
BUT AS THE SUN GOES DOWN, I GET THAT EMPTY FEELING AGAIN
HOW I WISH TO GOD THAT YOU WERE HERE

NOW THAT I PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
GIVE YOURSELF THE CHANCE TO MAKE THEM SEE
HAVE YOU USED UP ALL THE STRENGTH IN YOUR ARM?
NOTHING LEFT FOR ME, AIN'T THERE NOTHING LEFT FOR ME

MechDX

#Texans QB Brian Hoyer gets a hug from Patriots owner Robert Kraft. They're chatting during stretches.

Texans are fucked. Somebody stop Kraft

That's reliant on the ability to keep the defense honest. Largely through having some semblance of a run game, and any ability to protect the QB on the edges. If the defense is getting to the QB almost immediately and they don't fear or expect the run game, plays down the field will never develop. You'll never get to test them with that combo.

He had 45 passes. He should have tested them deeper. You say having a running game would have helped but it would have helped more if Os could beat a defense with 8 men in the box deep a few times. The only time he tried, he overthrew Sanders on a pass that could have ended up as a touchdown.

The Raiders had a safety in the box throughout the entire second half. It's no wonder they couldn't run.

Edit: he actually had 51 pass attempts. Or 6.0 yards per attempt.

Line_HTX

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 2m2 minutes ago

#SNF about to kick off.. Who better than to meet Bob Costas! #CaptainKeuchel

CWJbytRUAAA9HI6.jpg:large

Well deserved AL Cy Young. Fear the beard!

Godslay

Banned
He had 45 passes. He should have tested them deeper. You say having a running game would have helped but it would have helped more if Os could beat a defense with 8 men in the box deep a few times. The only time he tried, he overthrew Sanders on a pass that could have ended up as a touchdown.

The Raiders had a safety in the box throughout the entire second half. It's no wonder they couldn't run.

How much time did he have on each dropback? Next to nothing in the second half. They didn't do much to relieve any pressure on the QB, either through attempting runs or offering much help in terms of giving Schofield or Harris help.

I get the idea of testing them down field, but if you don't have time those routes will never develop in the time that the defense gets home. You either have to relieve the pressure through the run, protect better, or fire off the ball short. Only one of those happened.

Tawpgun

I know people hate the pats and don't want to see them win the SB again.

But think how sweet it would be if Roger handed Brady the trophy

cdyhybrid

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 13m
Note from NFL... Tyler Lockett has joined Gale Sayers as only rookies to have 5 TD receptions, a KR TD an PR TD in a season.

Top Bottom