• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

Yen

NFL noob here: why was electing to kick a mistake? I don't understand what went on there. Or is it just a case that the captain sent against what his team wanted?

Bread

Banned
Electing to kick in overtime isn't automatically the worst idea (worked against the Broncos a couple years ago) but I think Slater thought he would be able to choose the side.

The Jags are pretty good. I could see the Texans losing to the Jags and of course the Colts will crush the Titans next week. Texans could still miss the playoffs

Dragon

Banned
Jesus Christ. Never thought I would see the day when a team wins the coin flip in OT and elects to kick off.

http://quirkyresearch.blogspot.com/2006/07/nfl-games-in-which-winner-of-coin-toss.html

It's a good move depending on the situation.

Electing to kick in overtime isn't automatically the worst idea (worked against the Broncos a couple years ago) but I think Slater thought he would be able to choose the side.

Don't you only get to pick the side if you defer?

kmag

NFL noob here: why was electing to kick a mistake? I don't understand what went on there. Or is it just a case that the captain sent against what his team wanted?

A TD wins it, so the team receiving the ball has an opportunity to kill it. If they score a FG, the other team win with a TD, or pull level with a FG. If first team to possess don't score, a FG wins it.

If you missed the end to the Dolphins game: it was 4th and goal, and when the ball was snapped half the O-line didn't move. Surprisingly this resulted in Tannehill being immediately sacked by everyone

braves01

Banned

Yeah, the Vikings did it earlier in the season when Bridgewater was hurt and it worked out in those circumstances. When you have Gronk and Brady though, it's not wise though, lol.

Top Bottom