• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

OwNnE6E.png

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...nfl-draft-updated-draft-order-through-week-15

Go Titans!

Go Browns!

Crisco

Banned
I'll say it right now, the Panthers won't win the Super Bowl if we continue failing to get pressure without blitzing. In 2013 we earned Mike Mitchell and Captain Munnerlyn new contracts with pressure from our front four. But Greg Hardy is in Dallas and Charles Johnson has been invisible since his return from IR. I want to see Ealy back full time at left DE, where he had been playing really well. And why is Jared Allen still getting over 70% of the defensive snaps? He was supposed to be a band-aid, and the line is relatively healthy now. If those guys can start getting to the QB again, it won't matter what bums are playing in the secondary.

eznark

Banned
I said it was legal but cheap.

As I recall it Brown was wrapped up and he came in to finish off the play and get in an easy cheap shot.

That's what prompted the reaction.

Where is the Broncos cheap shot??

PeriodicCompleteKid.gif

Really not sure how this is any different than Beckham.

Line_HTX

That Steel shit 72 clearly dove and head hunted. That motherfucker should be suspended along with Beckham.

Dirty Steelers as usual.

Godslay

Banned
In the grand scheme of things, I don't care if Wallace gets fined or suspended. Water under the bridge.

I'm just proud of David Bruton (guy who Wallace demolished), he broke his leg in the 1st Quarter, thought it was a bruise and finished the game. Only knew it was broken later. Sure it's happened before, but it's still pretty crazy. Vernon Davis doesn't want to play football anymore, and then you have guys playing with broken legs.

OBJ is getting his though. He's taken himself out of the most important game for the Giants season (assuming his appeal is dealt quickly and suspension holds up -- which it better or this league is fucked), he'll be out of the game and the Giants will lose and miss the playoffs.
The chances of the Giants making the playoffs are slim. This upcoming game is hardly "the most important game of the season" in what has already been a season of missed and lost opportunities because the team is incapable of closing games. If you think this upcoming game and Beckham being suspended will be some "key" point in 2015 for why the Giants miss the playoffs - you haven't been paying attention to this team at all.

What's interesting about Beckham versus Norman, is that despite the stat line. On the couple of occasions Beckham actually focused on the game and ran routes against Norman he toasted him.

This breaks it down. Aside from the TD drop against Norman, Beckham had him beaten but Manning underthrew the ball due to pressure.

http://nflbreakdowns.com/giants-beckham-panthers-norman/
Grover said it best - the only person stopping Odell was Odell with his idiocy. The lack of Victor Cruz is showing in more ways than just on the field. He was a locker room leader type and a dude that despite all of the success he's had in the past was about as far away from a "diva" WR as it gets. Would be nice to have him around Odell to talk some sense into him when he has those types of tirades.

kmag

PeriodicCompleteKid.gif

Beckham had 3 quarters of pure meltdown, I suppose. But in terms of the actual hit, Wallace's hit is far worse, not only is it later but Bruton was in a far more vulnerable position as his head was bent down.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't care if Wallace gets fined or suspended. Water under the bridge.

I'm just proud of David Bruton (guy who Wallace demolished), he broke his leg in the 1st Quarter, thought it was a bruise and finished the game. Only knew it was broken later. Sure it's happened before, but it's still pretty crazy. Vernon Davis doesn't want to play football anymore, and then you have guys playing with broken legs.

What play did he break it?

bionic77

PeriodicCompleteKid.gif

In 2015 going high on Brown when he is wrapped up is a cheap free shot.

Brown is the leader of the Steelers. Unlike Ben or Rodgers he commands the respect of his teammates and they will fight if they think someone is trying to hurt or cheap shot him.

That's football.

Let's ask Wallace about the play:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9655834-74/brown-game-harris#axzz3urkqV4Mc

Cody Wallace was flagged 15 yards for unnecessary roughness late in the first quarter when he piled on after the whistle following a Brown reception.
Wallace expects to be fined.
“Yeah, I imagine,” he said. “You know, their guy kind of took a shot at A.B., so we really couldn't let that fly. So that's the way it's going to go. But that's all right.”

It was dirty. Wallace admits it was dirty. Case closed.

It's enforcement. Wallace is McSorely to Brown's Gretzky. Not an excuse, but there it is.

Line_HTX

Not a good reason, but cross-checking wouldn't be enough. Slashing should do the trick, though that wouldn't be that effective either.

The chances of the Giants making the playoffs are slim. This upcoming game is hardly "the most important game of the season" in what has already been a season of missed and lost opportunities because the team is incapable of closing games. If you think this upcoming game and Beckham being suspended will be some "key" point in 2015 for why the Giants miss the playoffs - you haven't been paying attention to this team at all.

Nah, there's plenty of wasted opportunities and fuck ups for this below average team, but your star player trying to intentionally injure someone, and getting himself suspended for it when there's a chance to make the playoffs in the worst division in the NFL is still a key point of the season.

The Giants, a somehow dangerous team, have been garbage all season and they're 2 wins away from hosting a home playoff game.

Spinluck

Ravens would be crazy to let go of Harbaugh, no way that happens. But if it does he can come on over!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind giving McDaniels a second chance, he was obviously coked up and young when he went to the Broncos. At this point I'd be ok with him implementing the cheating he's learned in NE. I'm tired of playing by the rules and not winning.

#Trump2016

kmag

Nah, there's plenty of wasted opportunities and fuck ups for this below average team, but your star player trying to intentionally injure someone, and getting himself suspended for it when there's a chance to make the playoffs in the worst division in the NFL is still a key point of the season.

The Giants, a somehow dangerous team, have been garbage all season and they're 2 wins away from hosting a home playoff game.

Giants have a good offense, but probably the worst defense in the league. They're dangerous in the same way the Saints are dangerous, they'll score points and if their shit tier defense can get a couple of unexpected stops they can win a game against anyone, but they'll more than likely lose against teams with above par offenses.

It's the only reason I think Coughlin stays. They're not going to want to change OC and system when Eli Manning looks comfortable and the offense is largely working (despite injuries and so-so talent in the skills positions outside of Beckham and Manning). They'll give him yet another year and go hard on defense in FA and the draft

Ravens would be crazy to let go of Harbaugh, no way that happens. But if it does he can come on over!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind giving McDaniels a second chance, he was obviously coked up and young when he went to the Broncos. At this point I'd be ok with him implementing the cheating he's learned in NE. I'm tired of playing by the rules and not winning.

#Trump2016

Where are you reading about the rats ditching Harbaugh?

Spinluck

I remember when Hasslebald was the better option for the Colts.

Star Wars spoilers:
The Sith all lose in the end

SD @ OAK

WAS @ PHI

SF @ DET
PIT @ BAL
DAL @ BUF
CHI @ TB
CAR @ ATL
IND @ MIA
NE @ NYJ
HOU @ TEN
CLE @ KC

JAX @ NO
GB @ ARI
STL @ SEA

NYG @ MIN

CIN @ DEN

We are trying to secure that top 10 pick, how dare you. Hasslebald is done, there is no more fighting.

635862362751035959-12-ColtsTexans.jpg

Matt Hasslebald: "I've got nothing left."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/12/20/colts-cant-keep-playing-matt-hasselbeck/77586768/

Suck For Luck Sucking begins!

Top Bottom