• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

KingBroly

Banned
Why would the Ravens ditch Harbaugh? The team had a horrendous offseason and was plagued by injuries. This is a bad luck season for them and not much blame to go around.

BigAT

In their last two meetings, the Panthers have beaten the Falcons by a combined score of 72-3.

image.php

KingBroly

Banned
SD @ OAK

WAS @ PHI

SF @ DET
PIT @ BAL
DAL @ BUF
CHI @ TB
CAR @ ATL
IND @ MIA
NE @ NYJ
HOU @ TEN
CLE @ KC

JAX @ NO
GB @ ARI
STL @ SEA

NYG @ MIN

CIN @ DEN

The QB/RB buying offensive linemen swag is like the new tipping.

I bet that Sam Bradford feels awkward as fuck week 17 when he gives his Olinemen $15 gift cards

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch! 12-2, baby! We've locked up our position as NFC West overlords and now seek to lock up a bye by defeating the Packers. When the schedule hit I considered this one of our two most difficult games and it should be interesting. The Packers haven't played nearly as well as I expected and look very beatable but you never underestimate an elite QB and Honey Badger is a huge loss. That said, we're now moving Powers to the slot where he's MUCH better suited with Bethel back at CB2 which is a much better setup. We should also be getting Rashad Johnson back so I'm hopefully these two things will help make up for the HB loss but there's really no 'next man up' for a guy that's so intuitive and has so many intangibles. Anyway, the guys are fired up and want to win it all for HB so lets do it! First step, win the division CHECK next step, earn a bye in the playoffs! In our house I like our chances, lets get to 13-2!! Go Cardinals!

SD @ OAK

WAS @ PHI

SF @ DET
PIT @ BAL
DAL@ BUF
CHI@ TB
CAR @ ATL
IND @ MIA
NE @ NYJ
HOU @ TEN
CLE @ KC

JAX @ NO
GB @ ARI
STL @ SEA

NYG @ MIN

CIN@ DEN

Bread

Banned
Has anyone ever read one of squalls posts? He must be using one of those essay generators because there's no way anyone here cares enough to write so much.

Has anyone ever read one of squalls posts? He must be using one of those essay generators because there's no way anyone here cares enough to write so much.
I feel bad for Squall because I know how it feels. No one wants to talk about your team. I think that's why most posters don't even bother.

I read most of his posts, they are good stuff.

Your joke was still kind of funny, though. :)

eznark

Banned
Squall, it will be a three score game. No reason to sweat.

The Packers face the Cardinals next week, and so we will get an immediate test of just what happens when this Packer team faces a legitimate Super Bowl contender. My best guess is that the Cardinals win by three scores without issue. While Aaron Rodgers lacks elite weapons, Carson Palmer, no slouch in his own right, has a ton. They are statistically the 2nd most efficient passing offense in the NFL, and now that Andy Dalton is gone for the year, almost certainly the 1st going forward. The venerable Larry Fitzgerald is 3rd in DVOA, and he’s only the 2nd best wideout on the team. John Brown is second in the league from an efficiency standpoint to Seattle’s Tyler Lockett, but Brown leads overall in Adjusted Yards (meaning he’s been used a lot more while being almost as efficient). Rounding out the Arizona receivers is Michael Floyd, currently 7th in DVOA.

The Cardinals are not a great running team and have suffered many injuries to their backfield, but David Johnson is coming off an impressive 187 yard, 3 TD performance against Chip Kelly’s Eagles. The Cardinals almost never struggle to score points, having put up 34 on the excellent Bengal defense and 39 on the latter season Seahawks. The Packer defense may keep things respectable, but to win they will ultimately need to score points, and that is going to be a problem.

You can fully expect the Packer offensive woes to continue. They caught a lucky break with all-world corner Tyrann Mathieu out for the season, but the Cardinals still boast a ferocious defense with stars like Patrick Peterson in the secondary and Calais Campbell up front. Arizona’s defense is 4th best in the league by DVOA behind only Denver, Carolina, and Kansas City. They are 5th against the pass, and first against the run, so if you were hoping from a bounce back from Lacy next week, it is unlikely.

Arizona’s lone weakness on defense is against pass-catching running-backs, so it is at least possible that James Starks could be a weapon, but it’s much more likely that the Packers simply can’t keep up.

Bread

Banned
I feel bad for Squall because I know how it feels. No one wants to talk about your team. I think that's why most posters don't even bother.

I read most of his posts, they are good stuff.

Your joke was still kind of funny, though. :)
Too many people want to talk about my team :(

Leave my team alone! They may be moving to LA but my support will not waver!

rando14

Wait, Lockett's the most efficient receiver in the league?

Oh my

Hmmm apparently Baldwin is 3rd and Kearse is 9th.

Either we have the greatest WR coach in history or my boy RW is taking care of business :')

EDIT: Julio jones is 41st? Uhhh

BigAT

The QB/RB buying offensive linemen swag is like the new tipping.

I bet that Sam Bradford feels awkward as fuck week 17 when he gives his Olinemen $15 gift cards

Bradford got his offensive lineman a homemade coupon book with coupons like

"One Free Hug. Redeemable: Anytime!"

F you, bread! This was actually one of the shorter 'new week' posts I've done.

Who the heck wrote that? I expect a bit of a shoot out but even without HB we have the better D so I think we'll prevail in the end but it won't surprise me if Rodgers finds a way. I don't know it's bizarre but basically I feel if the Packers play as they have been, we dominate but I feel as though you guys will play better against us for some reason. I don't expect an easy game at all.

eznark

Banned
F you, bread! This was actually one of the shorter 'new week' posts I've done.

Who the heck wrote that? I expect a bit of a shoot out but even without HB we have the better D so I think we'll prevail in the end but it won't surprise me if Rodgers finds a way. I don't know it's bizarre but basically I feel if the Packers play as they have been, we dominate but I feel as though you guys will play better against us for some reason. I don't expect an easy game at all.

http://shepherdexpress.com/article-27009-the-packers-take-care-of-business.html

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I know the ball went elsewhere, but this really is the year of the pick play. It seems nearly every team runs a pick on every pass play knowing that'll only get flagged once or twice a game if they're unlucky.

Nice try, but the cornerback has Wheaton man-to-man and runs by clean.

Wrong.

Ed Reed can't even play corner.

He also got cut by the Texans.

Teams had to completely gameplan against Ed Reed. I don't even remember a point when Charles Woodson was the best corner in the league. But you're right, Woodson is a better CB, as Ed never played it. But Ed Reed was the better defensive back overall.

Also, Woodson got cut by the Packers. Players get cut.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers hasn't found a way in a while

games against Detroit don't count

The problem with the Packers hasn’t been winning games or contending for a playoff spot as they have had an objectively successful season and playoff berth in hand. In fact on paper they look like a pretty formidable team with an outstanding defense (265 points allowed, 5th best in football) and a pretty respectable offense (347 points, solidly in the top 10). Most teams will take that year in and year out, but the Aaron Rodgers-led Packers always have Super Bowl aspirations, and while those rankings may be fine when compared to average, looking only at likely playoff teams shines a bright light on the problems we’ve been seeing with this team.
We are such spoiled, entitled brats.

Crisco

Banned
Ed Reed > Charles Woodson

Yeah, MRSA. Yeah.

Woodson is such a freak of an athlete, once in a generation. 39 and excelling at a position which forces most players into retirement by 34-35. Dude is just one of the best football players ever, could have probably played any position he wanted but just preferred defensive back.

Top Bottom