• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

Bread

Banned
If Bread's going to keep crying like a total Mech and Malalaw feels like he was robbed then Mal can have his pick back, I'll take my players back (with the proviso that Bread can't get it later, because whinging cannot be rewarded) and then next season I'll make sure to run up the score against Bread every time we play.

Everybody wins.

EDIT: Let's ignore the fact that Bread also made Malalaw an offer which was refused because it wasn't as good as mine, hence the tears.
smh commish tryin to take the high ground unbelievable

No such thing as almost. How fast did he potentially approach you and how close were you face to face? We're you or he ready to swing and face the repercussions, whatever they may be? By that I mean swing first, as opposed to him.

During these types of situations, I've learned it will usually escalate into a fight, so mine as well take the first swing.

If you're approached aggressively you respond with an audible at the line. Imagine you're Matthew Stafford for a second. You see the (W)illy linebacker show obvious blitz, change the play at the line and hit the defense with a check down to Theo Riddick or Ameer Abdullah.

More importantly why was some dude trying to steal your friends Dog? Plenty of Dogs at the shelter to adopt why go after this particular dog?

If you're approached aggressively you respond with an audible at the line. Imagine you're Matthew Stafford for a second.

So you're saying he should have gone to Taco Bell and ordered everything on the menu?

I just want us all to be friends!!!! Tbis will not be a broken home.

You guys used to call each other on the cell phone ffs :(

I'm just going to point out that it's the Pats fan who is trying to turn us all against each other.

You guys used to call each other on the cell phone ffs :(
*dances
tumblr_nwmpxsW2cz1sej174o1_540.gif

manfestival

No such thing as almost. How fast did he potentially approach you and how close were you face to face? Were you or he ready to swing and face the repercussions, whatever they may be? By that I mean where you ready to swing first, as opposed to him.

During these types of situations, I've learned it will usually escalate into a fight, so mine as well take the first swing.

If you're approached aggressively you respond with an audible at the line. Imagine you're Matthew Stafford for a second. You see the (W)illy linebacker show obvious blitz, change the play at the line and hit the defense with a check down to Theo Riddick or Ameer Abdullah.

More importantly why was some dude trying to steal your friends Dog? Plenty of Dogs at the shelter to adopt why go after this particular dog?

Either way, it's probably best to avoid those type of people.
fantastic, yeah I addressed the rest of the situation in the other post but yeah... The guy raised his fist but honestly.... im like muscular fat(veiny arms) and I know the guy stood no chance against me. However, I am lazy and hate conflict because it requires too much effort

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm going to drive by post with some opinions on this Chargers/Raiders game without having watched much but have seen plenty of both of these teams:

1.) Derek Carr is a #15-30 QB in the league and will at best be an Alex Smith game managing QB. Which is solid, but sorry Raiders fans he will never be anything more.

You can tell by his arm strength, footwork and overall pocket presence. He can be a solid QB, but he'll never be elite.

2.) The AFC West is garbage as a whole and is already in turmoil with two teams probably moving. Sorry Broncos but even with that solid defense it's not taking you anywhere.

3.) Brock Osweiler has had great stats that compare to a lot of greats in their first starts. I've seen a lot more Derek Carr than I have of Brock, but still something about his game bothers me.

I guess my barometer is Matthew Stafford and when you watch Matthew Stafford throw a football every weekend compared to a Brock or Derek Carr you start to see the difference and I mean that in every sense.

Arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, football, command and leadership. Stafford is up with there with Brady, Rodgers, Bree's, Roethisberger and a couple of others as the best in the business.

I'm going to drive by post with some opinions on this Chargers/Raiders game without having watched much but have seen plenty of both of these teams:

1.) Derek Carr is a #15-30 QB in the league and will at best be an Alex Smith game managing QB. Which is solid, but sorry Raiders fans he will never be anything more.

You can tell by his arm strength, footwork and overall pocket presence. He can be a solid QB, but he'll never be elite.

2.) The AFC West is garbage as a whole and is already in turmoil with two teams probably moving. Sorry Broncos but even with that solid defense it's not taking you anywhere.

3.) Brock Osweiler has had great stats that compare to a lot of greats in their first starts. I've seen a lot more Derek Carr than I have of Brock, but still something about his game bothers me.

I guess my barometer is Matthew Stafford and when you watch Matthew Stafford throw a football every weekend compared to a Brock or Derek Carr you start to see the difference.

I was going to argue with this post, but then I got to the Stafford crap at the end and realized who the jackass was who posted it

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I was going to argue with this post, but then I got to the Stafford crap at the end and realized who the jackass was who posted it

You can call me a jackass and I've stated plenty of times that if the Lions weren't my team, the Raiders would be. I've been to Raiders games and love the franchise and fanbase.

But again, call me names, I'm not wrong. Derek Carr has a lot to work on and some of those things he'll never learn.

Such as slinging a ball into triple coverage just because you can. Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady and a few others can do this.

Now I may be a "jackass" sometimes, but instead of me look at the direction of your franchise.

You will never be better than 8-8 with Derek Carr as your QB unless you have a combined elite defense and running game.

The sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.

Carr can make solid throws, and has some solid mechanics but he's not an elite QB mentally or physically, and never will be.

You can call me a jackass and I've stated plenty of times that if the Lions weren't my team, the Raiders would be. I've been to Raiders games and love the franchise and fanbase.

But again, call me names, I'm not wrong. Derek Carr has a lot to work on and some of those things he'll never learn.

Such as slinging a ball into triple coverage just because you can.

Now I may be a "jackass" sometimes, but instead of me look at the direction of your franchise.

You will never be better than 8-8 with Derek Carr as your QB unless you have a combined elite defense and running game.

The sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.

Carr can make solid throws, and has some solid mechanics but he's not an elite QB mentally or physically, and never will be.

Go back to Stafford fan fiction, you are better at it.

squicken

I sorta agree with kas a bit on Carr. Stafford comparisons aside I think Carr takes too many bad sacks and doesn't always get enough out of the talent he has a WR. OAK's offense just seems less than the sum of its parts

Mindlog

DegaMechLines or whatever.
Best pickup BBQ in Houston?

Going to be visiting IAH twice and driving to Houston again in between. What is your best meat that I can pick up after a meeting and take it with us?

Star Wars was OK. The preview for Kung-Fu Panda 3 put me in a bad mood and I was tired. Wasn't really wowed aside from some stuff that looked really great in 3D and they nailed the climactic confrontation. Reminded me how dumb the prequels were.

Line_HTX

DegaMechLines or whatever.
Best pickup BBQ in Houston?

Going to be visiting IAH twice and driving to Houston again in between. What is your best meat that I can pick up after a meeting and take it with us?

Star Wars was OK. The preview for Kung-Fu Panda 3 put me in a bad mood and I was tired. Wasn't really wowed aside from some stuff that looked really great in 3D and they nailed the climactic confrontation. Reminded me how dumb the prequels were.

Find any Rudy's BBQ place. You'll love it at a decent price.

I sorta agree with kas a bit on Carr. Stafford comparisons aside I think Carr takes too many bad sacks and doesn't always get enough out of the talent he has a WR. OAK's offense just seems less than the sum of its parts

Cooper is playing on one leg, remove him and the Raiders have one of the worst WR groups in the league. Don't get me wrong, Carr has plenty to work on, but Kas has no idea what he's talking about with his evaluation. He questioned his arm strength (which tells me he doesn't watch Raider games), and says Carr will be an Alex Smith type game manager. Carr would need a lobotomy to turn into Alex Smith

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Carr has a better td/int ratio.

Irrelevant, until the season is over and all you have to do is watch a play or a throw by both the QBs to know the difference.

Derek Carr's Completion % is far lower than Matthew Stafford's, and will remain so till the end of the season.

Matthew Stafford also has the worst running game in the league.

Nor do these stats account for Stafford's rushing TDs, Derek Carr turnovers or the fact the Detroit Lions have the best redzone offense.

Derek Carr is solid but Alex Smith solid.

Still solid but elite level.

635796679531835218-DFP-0930-stafford-dr-1-1-MCC392UC-L683876070.JPG

The real and the elite recognize the elite and real through performance and practice.

Top Bottom