• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

RBH

Last maps of the season :(

1kznhMH.png

0qm3xgr.png

e0pIFXC.png

4HGHZg6.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Coaching Vacancies:
- Eagles
- Browns
- Titans
- Dolphins
- Giants
- Colts

GM Vacancies:
- Eagles
- Browns
- Dolphins

We're off to a good start. Still feels like the Lions and Saints are going to go looking for new coaches as well. Might get the 49ers as well.

I will be absolutely stunned if this happens. Media/front office have been priming fans for Caldwell's return for weeks now.

Lions will be same old Lions and keep Sheldon White, a guy who has been around the team for a decade, as GM and Caldwell as HC.

My favorite part of it all is the fact that the only teams they beat are horrible, yet ownership thinks that's good enough.

gutshot

According to Schefter, Doug Pederson is considered the front runner for the Eagles HC position. Lurie really wants to recapture that Andy Reid era.

jakncoke

Banned
trey wingo
@wingoz

Julio Jones need 17 catches to break Marvin Harrison's single season record. Against this @Saints defense? He's got a real shot.

Disrespect is real this morning

In the spirit of jakstats This season will have at least 7 entries in the all time top 100 receptions in a year, 98 receptions is what it takes to enter the top 100

WedgeX

Banned
I will be absolutely stunned if this happens. Media/front office have been priming fans for Caldwell's return for weeks now.

Lions will be same old Lions and keep Sheldon White, a guy who has been around the team for a decade, as GM and Caldwell as HC.

My favorite part of it all is the fact that the only teams they beat are horrible, yet ownership thinks that's good enough.

Which would be going on about the third decade of Millen successors from within the organization. I really hate that idea.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Which would be going on about the third decade of Millen successors from within the organization. I really hate that idea.

Same here. It's a terrible idea.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 51s51 seconds ago

Confirming PFT report that Jim Tomsula likely out with #49ers

Plinko

How is it that all of us on here thought that was a terrible hire when it happened yet people who are paid to do the job can't see that?

RBH

Never forget. :(

njvfgvtfpnu1xmsx1u84.png

"I would not say that. I wouldn't say it either."

"I just don't want to go down that road."

"That's absolutely ludicroust." (This is not a typo. He clearly said "ludicroust.")

"Yeah."

"[Heavy breathing.]"

"Hmmmm, mmmm, yeah."

"Buh, uh, rusdhfkdklsddklaasdfas."
http://deadspin.com/new-49ers-coach-jim-tomsula-mumbles-and-huffs-his-way-t-1680004518

BigAT

Let's go to FMT for his reaction:

OL7xYCB.gif

Never forget. :(

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--LPJ9HE1S--/njvfgvtfpnu1xmsx1u84.png[img]

[url]http://deadspin.com/new-49ers-coach-jim-tomsula-mumbles-and-huffs-his-way-t-1680004518[/url][/QUOTE]

"LUDICRUST" sounds like it would be a great new Pizza Hut promotional item.

Rumor in NY the owners are split, one owner wants to keep TC, while the other wants him gone...
I wonder what TC wants. He'll turn 70 before next season starts, has been a head coach in the NFL for 20 years and overall has coached for more than 45 years. Someone would scoop him up as an analyst. Gotta wonder whether he's ready to hang em up.

Hickey never stood a chance, especially when Tannenbaum was brought in. Giving a GM two years is a waste of time and further demonstrates Ross' lack of vision for his team.

I'd rather have Hickey than Tannenbaum.

NFC North a battle for first place and last place today who's hyped.

Ahh nevermind I already see Lions-Gaf forfeiting next season. Same ole Lions-Gaf

55ish and cloudy at kickoff for Panthers-Bucs today.

I consider it a must win game. Not because of seeding, the 1 seed would be nice, but playing in a dome in Arizona in late January isn't exactly the most menacing challenge if that's how it happens. It'd be different if it was Minnesota or Green Bay sitting there at 13-2 but not the Cards.

It's a must-win game because the Panthers need to make a statement to themselves and the rest of the league that they are still right there as a championship contender even though they don't have a zero in the loss column anymore. They've gotten sloppy and complacent and it caught up to them when they got punched in the mouth and looked bad losing last week. Time to refocus and get ready for the real season.

Stewart and Ginn will probably both be out, but if they can't beat the Buccaneers without them, they won't be getting far in the postseason anyway. I'm willing to give Cam a pass for last week with the short practice schedule and having the baby, but this week he needs to be sharp. The defense needs to play better. Norman needs to pick himself off the turf and get ready for another tough challenge in Jackson/Evans. Special teams needs to be tightened up. Rivera needs to...just not do anything stupid.

Plinko

NFC North a battle for first place and last place today who's hyped.

Ahh nevermind I already see Lions-Gaf forfeiting next season. Same ole Lions-Gaf

Because sticking with Millen proteges has worked so well so far?

Also, who exactly has Caldwell beat while he was head coach? It never fails--Lions win a few games against absolutely terrible teams and homers instantly want to keep everyone. Best and worst fanbase in the league at the same time.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 39m39 minutes ago
Assuming #Colts part ways with Chuck Pagano, they'll think big on coaches. Expected to make Nick Saban & Sean Payton say no before moving on

Saban!
PDS ‏@PatDStat 1h1 hour ago
CBS Sports reporting Texans Director of Player Personnel Brian Gaine is on their list of potential GM candidates for the Titans.

Boo!

So you want a Millen continuation and Caldwell to stay?

Because sticking with Millen proteges has worked so well so far?

Also, who exactly has Caldwell beat while he was head coach? It never fails--Lions win a few games against absolutely terrible teams and homers instantly want to keep everyone. Best and worst fanbase in the league at the same time.

For the record I'm fine with Caldwell leaving it's the coordinators I want to stay. I just refuse to be like you guys. I'm sorry but can't be this negative all the time about my team despite the shit that keeps happening. Oh well you guys keep being you and I'll be me.

MechDX

Weird stat of the day:

Blake Bortles can become the league leader in passing touchdowns over Brady with one today.

At the same time he can become the league leader in INT's over Manning with one today.

#Bort

Weird stat of the day:

Blake Bortles can become the league leader in passing touchdowns over Brady with one today.

At the same time he can become the league leader in INT's over Manning with one today.

#Bort

That's my QB! Still will take him over 2/3rds of the QB currently in play for the NFL.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Weird stat of the day:

#Bort
The INT one will most likely be broken then.

Furyous

Good morning. How are you today?

Woke up less than thrilled that this is likely Pettine and Farmer's last game with this organization. Fucking JFF chilling in Vegas then taking a flight home to IG his location is too much right now. Austin Davis and/or Terrelle Pryor are going to have a commendable game today. By commendable I mean they go through warmups and play hard.

My day gets better as 13-2 hopefully turns into 14-2 plus home field advantage.

RBH

Falcons/Saints games are always fun, so looking forward to it today, even without any playoff significance.

Top Bottom