• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

Sanjuro

ESPN 30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo is now available on Netflix.

CWH51LTXIAAHpSB.jpg

Sequel coming soon.

hyC6JBX.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let me break down what the Lions just did by leaking that report to Schefter:

They announce that they want to retain Caldwell. Then, they go on to say that, "Well, the new GM will still make the final decision."

Oh, ok, sure. Put yourself in a potential GM's shoes: Go interview for a new position. When asked if you're going to keep Caldwell around, the same guy the ownership just said they want to retain, how many of you are going to say "No, won't do it?" Seriously. Nobody who wants that job is going to do it.

Basically, they just ran off any decent candidate in exchange for the ability to hire yet another yes-man.

effzee

According to Schefter, Doug Pederson is considered the front runner for the Eagles HC position. Lurie really wants to recapture that Andy Reid era.

No.

Then again what do I know but that's the least interesting candidate.

Even though Eagles off season will be crazy once again, saddened by last week of the regular season. Goes so fast and now another 9 month wait :(

Good luck to all your playoffs teams. Except for Washington. Fuck those guys.

Ricker

Ok so if I read my local newspaper right,only 3 teams left that could make or miss the playoffs...Jets win,they are in,Jets lose Steelers lose,Jets are in,Jets lose Steelers win,Steelers are in...as for the Texans,it's like 99 % chance of going in...

Slo

Win or lose, no matter which way it goes today, I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart that Wisconsin can go fuck itself.

MechDX

Ok so if I read my local newspaper right,only 3 teams left that could make or miss the playoffs...Jets win,they are in,Jets lose Steelers lose,Jets are in,Jets lose Steelers win,Steelers are in...as for the Texans,it's like 99 % chance of going in...

The Colts have a 3800 to 1 shot of getting in.

Still quite a bit of playoff positioning to finalize today. The Broncos are currently the #2 seed in the AFC but can still potentially fall all the way to the 6th seed

Duxxy3

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 14m14 minutes ago

The Patriots can eliminate the Colts from the playoffs if they win today faster than the Titans, Texans, Bengals, Saints and Jets.

The real goal.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
Cowboys' RB Darren McFadden needs 3 rushing yards today to reach 1,000 for season -- and trigger a $300,000 incentive.

Cha-Ching!

Watch McFadden end up with a mysterious toe injury minutes before kickoff that prevents him from playing.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
Cowboys' RB Darren McFadden needs 3 rushing yards today to reach 1,000 for season -- and trigger a $300,000 incentive.

Cha-Ching!

Watch McFadden end up with a mysterious toe injury minutes before kickoff that prevents him from playing.

No way

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh man--PLEASE let Kelly go to the Browns. That would be an amazing trainwreck.

squicken

-Plinko, agreed about Caldwell. Why did that come out? What GM takes that job if he has the staff forced upon him?

-Jeff Fisher is eternal

Plinko

-Plinko, agreed about Caldwell. Why did that come out? What GM takes that job if he has the staff forced upon him?

-Jeff Fisher is eternal

It's all a setup to drive away quality candidates so they can eventually say, "Well, Sheldon White was the most qualified!"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Might as well post this for the new page...

The Colts fans gather to pray...
1u8ME45.gif

1. Broncos beat the Bengals
  2. Colts beat the Titans
  3. Steelers beat the Browns
  4. Broncos beat the Chargers
  5. Falcons beat the Saints
  6. Bills beat the Jets
  7. Jaguars beat the Texans
  8. Dolphins beat the Patriots
  9. Ravens beat the Bengals
  10. Raiders beat the Chiefs

squicken

I actually think CLE should hire Kelly. Swing for the fences. CLE isn't going to change things by trying to do what everyone else does. They do that and since they are awful they do it worse than everyone else

With CLE's offensive line and JFF they would score points

Coaching Vacancies:
- Eagles
- Browns
- Titans
- Dolphins
- Giants
- Colts

GM Vacancies:
- Eagles
- Browns
- Dolphins

We're off to a good start. Still feels like the Lions and Saints are going to go looking for new coaches as well. Might get the 49ers as well.
Eagles have already said that Howie will be back as gm. The Doug Pederson rumor is to much. Any time you can hire the architect of the 25th best offense you gotta do it.

brentech

I actually think CLE should hire Kelly. Swing for the fences. CLE isn't going to change things by trying to do what everyone else does. They do that and since they are awful they do it worse than everyone else

Did you see their line in action this year?

jakncoke

Banned

Cleveland should try and let a group of guys try and rebuild. Bill Belichick is still the last HC that lasted over 4 years, who knows the last time a OC or other got more than a virgins first session to build any sort of system.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Cleveland should try and let a group of guys try and rebuild. Bill Belichick is still the last HC that lasted over 4 years, who knows the last time a OC or other got more than a virgins first session to build any sort of system.

This is a figure I never knew. That's nuts.

Top Bottom