• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Oh gee look, ANOTHER FG.

image.php

Hunter S.

So is Denver actually playoff good? They have no passing game and no legitimate running threats. They have an incredible defense but they can't do shit not he other side.

Has a team this unbalanced and inefficient offensively ever won a Super Bowl?

A long ways to go.

jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

kingslunk

I know one thing that Manning is really struggling with is how WRs run routes under Kube's O and how they have in the past. In Kube's O WRs routes can be variable, were as they've been more concrete in the offenses of the last few years. Takes work and time, and it's not there.

Nice sack by Barrett. Nobody was there.

Is it going to be advantageous to keep this up? Or at some point are we going to see manning run his offense like he did at the end of the KC game?

So is Denver actually playoff good? They have no passing game and no legitimate running threats. They have an incredible defense but they can't do shit on the other side. Manning looks done and the running game is ok at times and absent others.

Rex Grossman Bears were the closest, and the answer's still "no"

Jonm1010

Banned
I know one thing that Manning is really struggling with is how WRs run routes under Kube's O and how they have in the past. In Kube's O WRs routes can be variable, were as they've been more concrete in the offenses of the last few years. Takes work and time, and it's not there.

Nice sack by Barrett. Nobody was there.

Why are they continuing to run Kubes system this way then? Is it just ego on Kubes part? Laziness? Has he made the case for why continuing to pursue this change is necessary?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Listen to me, Jets. Just play clean, smart football here and this win is easily yours. I know that's apparently a tall order, but focus!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So is Denver actually playoff good? They have no passing game and no legitimate running threats. They have an incredible defense but they can't do shit on the other side. Manning looks done and the running game is ok at times and absent others.

With how the AFC west is shaping up, I think they have no problem making the playoffs. Winning once they get there? Not that confident. Good as our Defense is, we need at least a decent offense to put some points on the board.

Godslay

Banned
Is it going to be advantageous to keep this up? Or at some point are we going to see manning run his offense like he did at the end of the KC game?

The advantage of this offense over Peyton's offense theoretically is that with Kube's O, it's definitively more portable and weatherproof when it works correctly. Yet, it largely requires a QB that is mobile in the sense that it needs misdirection. When it works, it complements the defense more than Manning's offense would.

With Manning's offense, they should be able to score more often and faster, but it comes at the expense of a run game and gassing the defense as they are on the field more often. It also struggles in the playoffs and in inclement weather.

The idea is, that if you can get Kube's O to work with Manning you have the best of both worlds. Hurry up when you need it, grindy clock killer with decent rushing when you don't. Problem is, Manning is struggling with it and the O as a whole hasn't adapted.

Jonm1010

Banned
With how the AFC west is shaping up, I think they have no problem making the playoffs. Winning once they get there? Not that confident. Good as our Defense is, we need at least a decent offense to put some points on the board.

I think getting to the playoffs is all but guaranteed baring some serious defensive injuries. Watching this team throughout the season though I'm not sure how far they can get.

The Rex Grossman Bears is actually the best comparison I've heard.

squicken

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala
The Cardinals have 249 passing yards. The Steelers have 9. And w/ 21 minutes to play, the Steelers are winning.

Top Bottom