• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

RBH

marvin.0.gif

TheFatOne

With how the AFC west is shaping up, I think they have no problem making the playoffs. Winning once they get there? Not that confident. Good as our Defense is, we need at least a decent offense to put some points on the board.

They need Manning not to be the turnover machine he has been so far this season. You can still make it to the super bowl if your defense or offense is garbage so long as your special teams is good, and either the defense is elite or the offense is elite. One side of the ball has to be elite. The problem right now is Manning is a turn over machine this season, and the oline sucks balls. If Manning doesn't get his shit together and make the right decisions on offense the Broncos are going to have another short playoff run.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They need Manning not to be the turnover machine he has been so far this season. You can still make it to the super bowl if your defense or offense is garbage so long as your special teams is good, and either the defense is elite or the offense is elite. One side of the ball has to be elite. The problem right now is Manning is a turn over machine this season, and the oline sucks balls. If Manning doesn't get his shit together and make the right decisions on offense the Broncos are going to have another short playoff run.

Won't get any arguments from me on that.

Jonm1010

Banned
The advantage of this offense over Peyton's offense theoretically is that with Kube's O, it's definitively more portable and weatherproof when it works correctly. Yet, it largely requires a QB that is mobile in the sense that it needs misdirection. When it works, it complements the defense more than Manning's offense would.

With Manning's offense, they should be able to score more often and faster, but it comes at the expense of a run game and gassing the defense as they are on the field more often. It also struggles in the playoffs and in inclement weather.

The idea is, that if you can get Kube's O to work with Manning you have the best of both worlds. Hurry up when you need it, grindy clock killer with decent rushing when you don't. Problem is, Manning is struggling with it and the O as a whole hasn't adapted.

But if this offense can't do shit and is constantly punting and playing games close - are in the bottom half of the league in TOP - then you have an even worse offensive product and the defense is in the same position of tiring out, if not more so. Plus do they even have the personal to be pound the ball team? They are in the bottom of the league there too.

I'm just curious how long do they continue this experiment before they say enough is enough? Do you actually think they are being smart here with this strategy?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I can't help but think the Jets would be undefeated right now if Decker and Ivory didn't miss the game against the Eagles.

Cousins isn't the answer, but neither is RGIII. Let's not act like Griffin wasn't given a bunch of chances.

I'm not saying he is. I'm saying that Gruden threw RG3 under the bus to buy himself more time before he is inevitably fired for being an incompetent hack.

Doorman

So I've been out with family until just recently and only tuned in to the Lions/Bears game a few minutes ago.

How the hell are we even ahead?

Jopie

That Golden Tate call should get the referee assigned to a lower profile game in the future...but what is lower than Bears vs. Lions?

Top Bottom