• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

bionic77

Guys, guys, guys.

Lay off on the refs.

Remember it is the Ravens. They always deserve shit like that.

Arians still sucks in the redzone.

squicken

My guess is BoB leaked that story to put some blame on Rick

"These guys don't fear for their jobs, are complacent, and I can't do anything about it b/c my GM won't back me"

Kiryu

If it weren't for Refs fucking things up.

Cardinals would be probably only 13 point and Ravens to be 14 or 10. Would be closer game but wow refs.

BigAT

The mallet thing is just kinda funny, because Mallet can definetly see this. I wonder how this affects his mind state.

I think he'll be stronger for it. He really seems like a guy that can handle adversity well and respond in a mature, responsible manner.

Robin-Williams-and-Louis-CK-Laughing-Together.gif

Kiryu

Idk but I just laugh when I see Tony Romo on Directv commercial because he's not playing and cowboys season are fucked.

Line_HTX

If you read the article it makes sense. Mallet was the starter a couple weeks ago, and now you want to cut him? When he got benched due to injury? Not to mention that your QB depth goes further down the dumpster after Hoyer if he gets hurt? Smith is holding on to him for depth and he knows it's straight garbage out there if you are looking for a QB.

He's a baby, and immature but given the flip-flopping we've seen because of bad play and injury it's probably best to hang on to him until a decent replacement comes along.

Grrr, yeah... you're right... Sigh... Better to do it AFTER having some open audition workout for QB's or something.

Which leads to even bigger, more damning ones for a highly disappointing team that hasn't been right since "Hard Knocks" started rolling film -- a decision driven by McNair and also in opposition of O'Brien's desire for control.

What are J.J. Watt, DeAndre Hopkins and every other truly hardworking Texan supposed to think when Mallett gets another free pass, even for a few days?

Who's really directing the Texans: A GM that McNair has stood by for a decade or a coach who's supposed to have final say over the team's 53-man roster?

And how can McNair – increasingly hands off and distant 14 years into his ownership – tolerate a growing power divide while his franchise is no closer to being a Super Bowl contender than it was during the peak of Kubiak's run?

That mirage endured for all of one win-less offseason, by the way.

If you read between O'Brien's few, tense words about Mallett on Monday, it appeared the Texans could soon make the decision the coach wanted to make Saturday, after the selfish fifth-year QB let himself down again.

But this is bigger than a stupid alarm clock, blatantly pouting on national TV and flying solo in the face of a united 53.

If you look past Mallett's personal flaws, you'll see the current failure of the Texans. All talk. No action. No idea who they are, what they want to become or who's calling the crucial shots that matter for another one of McNair's losing teams.

This so-called "organization" is a beyond lifeless, beyond fucking sad imbecile clown fiesta. How is this fucking possible to have this kind of split responsibilities with ZERO accountabilities? How can there be no clear plan of power on who gets to do what? I mean, who is even controlling the direction here?! The fuck is Rick even doing, General Manager IN NAME ONLY?! I thought GM's do more behind the scenes than just stand around and collaborate with the head coaches. Shit, I'd prefer Rockets' GM Darryl Morey's way of doing things over this derpy moron who only just stands there smiling.

God, having people not show up and have an empty crowd at NRG isn't good enough. Bob McNair needs to change himself. He can't just be hands off the whole time anymore. I've been through 2005 and 2013 when they were 2-14, but those teams at least were trying to fight hard. This team here, this 2015 "team," doesn't even deserve the two wins from the other Florida teams. These bitches don't even care enough to play basic fundamentals of everything. Fuck, this "team" is way more dysfunctional, discombobulated and way beyond distasteful than the 49ers, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys, Colts, AND THE STUPID FUCKING LIONS COMBINED!!! And fucking Bob as an owner probably doesn't care because he acts like the other owners like life is good. McNair is just as responsibile for how dead, demotivated, and derping listless these shit players are.

A plague on this shit show of biblical porportions. James Harden and Carlos Correa would play with more heart than this fucking "team." No more of this shit until Bob fucking changes himself in the mirror because that mirror is his ugly fucking results of going nowhere. Man, Super Bowl LI sure looks good for this city... Fucking asswipe.

Top Bottom