• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Weird call on that 3rd and 10. Riddick is a great back at receiving but if we're going to run a WR screen I would've preferred it to go in GoldenTate's hands.

All in all a solid first drive for Cooter and the Lions. Should be putting up 7 points though. I'd like to know what happened on that Stafford sack who missed their assignment.

lol complaining about 6:25

I have no problems getting up early and do every morning but on my one day off I'd like to sleep in.

JABEE

You know for a communist country England's alright

4eaee5ad-cfdf-4a83-a3e8-7f0ea2b720d9.jpg
Bacon Lines? Where is that? Soviet Russia?

IronLich

Things aren't the same anymore. 16 kids in total this year.

Trunk or treat, social media, and video games are ruining everything.

Must have had like 50 kids in my neighborhood. Funny because I just moved into a quiet town last year, so the output was staggering. 200 pieces of candy just gone by the end of the night.

Bread

Banned
That's like asking for more Thursday Night games. For whatever reason, the games in London to date have largely been shit.
Last weeks may have been the most competitive non 3-0 game held there.
Nah TNF is so much worse. England games are a fun gimmick.

Things aren't the same anymore. 16 kids in total this year.

Trunk or treat, social media, and video games are ruining everything.

I haven't had any kids in like 5 years.

Haven't had kids in a few years either. Seems they would all prefer hitting up the open shops that usually put something out and the main commercial street is just two blocks away.

"Trunk or treat" is new to me though.

RBH

1445619720068.jpg

If you're a Kansas City Chiefs season ticket holder in London for the Nov. 1 Wembley Stadium game against the Detroit Lions, prepare to down your favorite pint.

And put it on the Chiefs’ tab.

President Mark Donovan and his staff wanted to find a way to thank their ticket holders who are heading across the pond or coming from elsewhere.

"What we came up with was, let’s figure out a way to buy them a beer," Donovan said. "The idea is if you’re coming to London, whether you came in on a train from Manchester where you live or whether you came over on a flight or whether you came in from Germany because it’s easier to get to London than Kansas City, you came to support the Chiefs and we want to buy you a beer."

The Chiefs will take over The Admiralty, a pub in London’s Trafalgar Square, from 3 to 6 p.m. local time on Oct. 30 and pour for their fans. The Chiefs preferred the party to be later in the evening, but had trouble finding a pub that could accommodate them because the Rugby World Cup is being held in London at the same time.

"It’s literally meant to be, 'Come to London, come to the pub, we’re buying the beers,'" Donovan said. "Of all the people I’ve talked to, and I’ve talked to CEO levels who are going with clients, to season-ticket holders at training camp, and they’ve wanted to know the plans for people who are going to be there. And I’ve told them, 'I’m buying you a beer, so come see me.'"

The Chiefs believe about 800 ticket holders will make the trip to London for the game.

"We’ve been pleasantly surprised by the number of fans who have told us they are going to London," Donovan said. "They’re taking advantage of the opportunity."

The NFL will sponsor events for fans on Saturday and before kickoff on Sunday, including a tailgate at Wembley on the day of the game.

This is the Chiefs’ first international regular-season game, which was supposed to be played at Arrowhead Stadium. They have played preseason games in Germany, Mexico and two in Japan.

The game-day atmosphere can’t possibly be like that at Arrowhead, which is renown for the occasionally elaborate pregame tailgate. Arrowhead is also one of the NFL’s iconic venues and can be an intimidating place for opposing teams to play.

Donovan said an effort would be made to make the atmosphere as much as possible like that at Arrowhead.

"We do expect there to be a pretty cool atmosphere there," he said. "We’ll have 80,000 Chiefs flags flying. We’re actually giving them out as you go into the stadium. So it will have that feel. There’s some extra signage they’ll put up because it’s a soccer stadium. The seats are so low in the first 10 or so rows, they’re so flat you actually can’t see. They’ve blocked those off and they’ll put some Chiefs signage up there. On the TV broadcast, you’ll see a lot of red."
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city...ing-to-london-the-chiefs-might-buy-you-a-pint

LOOK AT ALL OF THESE FANS IN THESE DIFFERENT JERSEYS

none of them being of the two teams actually playing in this game

I bet there are more than a few older Lions fans, NFL used to be aired on terrestrial TV in the 80's so Barry Sanders will have had a huge effect. Lots of Bears, Raiders, Dolphins fans for similar reasons.

Doorman

People wonder why I've been thrashing and groaning for five years about the Lions drafting a good young middle linebacker with some coverage ability, which they've never bothered to do. Surprisingly, when we have no middle presence, we get wrecked over the middle! Who would have thought?

Go do God's work, Chefs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
People wonder why I've been thrashing and groaning for five years about the Lions drafting a good young middle linebacker with some coverage ability, which they've never bothered to do. Surprisingly, when we have no middle presence, we get wrecked over the middle! Who would have thought?

Go do God's work, Chefs.

To be fair our best coverage linebacker and best defensive player period, DeAndre Levy, has been out all season. No doubt though Tulloch is getting replaced at MLB either through the draft or free agency.

MechDX

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ans-to-have-different-power-structure-in-2016

"It's gone from a slow drip to a water fall," said one source of the divide between coach and general manager.
Some form of change is inevitable, and there are already split allegiances in the team facility between some who are closer to O'Brien and many who predate him there and have worked closely with Smith. O'Brien is a proponent of Texans director of player personnel Brian Gaine, and also thinks highly of Tampa personnel exec Jon Robinson, whom he worked with in New England. If given the opportunity to chose a general manager, those two would be considered strong candidates.

LaCanfora also says that Brian Cushing is on the trade block. Any team in need of a former pregnant, MLB who admits to taking plays off vs the Dolphins?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This Lions team cannot deal with blitzes, and Stafford stares down his receivers 3 out of every 4 passes.

Doorman

To be fair our best coverage linebacker and best defensive player period, DeAndre Levy, has been out all season. No doubt though Tulloch is getting replaced at MLB either through the draft or free agency.

Injuries are inevitable. If nobody else on our team can cover in the event of a player going down, then that's a black mark on our coaching staff and the depth of talent. Outside of starting QB, most of the league's best organizations don't let an injury completely sink half of the team's ability.

RBH

Lots of trade deadline rumors:

Several executives have pointed to the 49ers, Bears and Texans as teams that are very open to making moves before the deadline -- with those teams falling well off the playoff pace -- while other struggling teams like Baltimore and San Diego seem resistant to the concept of being sellers and shopping veterans for draft picks despite their issues on the roster and place in the standings.

San Francisco has talked to teams about its offensive linemen -- guard Alex Boone has some allure from other clubs, while some execs have wondered if San Francisco might entertain dealing even left tackle Joe Staley under the right set of circumstances. Teams have been calling the 49ers for weeks on tight end Vernon Davis, who has clashed with quarterback Colin Kaepernick and is viewed as available to other teams.

Chicago made it clear to teams back in the early weeks of the season that it is open to moving several pricey veterans, most notably star running back Matt Forte. Some contending teams are intrigued by veteran kicker Robbie Gould as well, sources said. (Bears linebacker Willie Young, who is attractive to some 4-3 teams as a pass rusher, requested a trade from Chicago and was told he would not be dealt, sources said, though that could possibly change by Tuesday.)

The Texans are open to moving former Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Cushing as well, sources said, though his rapidly declining performance mitigates any serious return for him.

The Seahawks, one of the most aggressive trading teams in the league under dynamic general manager John Schneider, are attempting to bolster their offensive line before the deadline and are willing to move a younger depth receiver to do so, sources said (though not rookie Tyler Lockett).

The Falcons and Jets are teams that could be open to making a trade to enhance their roster as the rebuilding teams have quickly found themselves in the thick of the playoff hunt, sources said -- a tight end or pass rusher would make sense for both teams -- but often teams holding veteran players want to land a higher return via trade than they would get for the player in terms of a compensatory pick in the 2017 draft, which makes the odds of completing deals low.

The Patriots are generally among the more active teams at the deadline -- though usually for smaller depth deals -- and have continued to bring in defensive linemen to bolster an improving run defense. New England's run of offensive-line injuries could perhaps lead to them making a move for help there.

Several teams are intrigued by Ravens veterans like Steve Smith and Elvis Dumervil, though they view it as highly unlikely Baltimore would go that route.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ong-big-names-available-before-trade-deadline

Top Bottom