• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Are you gonna join us as a Texan fan next year?

This franchise would be so fucking stupid to let go or trade Matthew Stafford. Who do we draft to replace him? Jared Goff? Whoever the Lions QB is, I'll stan for them but I still believe Matthew Stafford will have success wherever he goes.

Since being benched for unknown reasons by Jim Caldwell, Matthew Stafford has gone:

67/104, 64.87 Completion Percentage, 7 TDs, 3 INTs, 878 Yards

All this under constant pressure and getting sacked/pressured like this on what seems like virtually every play.

Sack7.gif

stafford-interception.gif

Throughout all this, with no running game support he's throwing at close to a career high 65% CR.

I don't believe a damned word about Stafford not being able to grasp a playbook through bitter Joe Lombardi leaks.

QBs don't grow on trees. Get Stafford some decent protection through draft picks next year and a running game and we'll be fine. Draft a QB and we're going to have another 3 years of rebuilding.

jakncoke

Banned
dri archer was fast but did next to nothing at this level. shows running in a straight line doesnt make you avoid nfl defenders on D or Steams

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

:jnc

Sure, the lt gets beaten pretty badly, but if Stafford takes one step into the pocket, he buys another 3 seconds. Instead he throws some bullshit sidearm pass straight to the defense. He tops it off by blaming the running back.

dri archer was fast but did next to nothing at this level. shows running in a straight line doesnt make you avoid nfl defenders on D or Steams

I think a team without offensive weapons could use him in some gadget type plays. For the Steelers, he was a luxury, at best.

cdyhybrid

Who could have predicted that a guy who said getting coached wasn't really his thing wouldn't be able to handle a reasonably complex NFL offense?

jakncoke

Banned
:jnc

Sure, the lt gets beaten pretty badly, but if Stafford takes one step into the pocket, he buys another 3 seconds. Instead he throws some bullshit sidearm pass straight to the defense. He tops it off by blaming the running back.

I think a team without offensive weapons could use him in some gadget type plays. For the Steelers, he was a luxury, at best.

Thought the same about Rainey and see how many teams agreed with me.. think the same will happen. He may come back to us perhaps as a PS but ye not looking good. Maybe CFL

MechDX

For Dega because even though he is a horses ass to me I love the Corgi!

Despite Drops, Texans' Passing Offense Is Surprisingly Lethal
Houston also leads the league in dropped passes at 22 (2.75 per game). I suppose Ryan Mallett and his million mile-per-hour throws to receivers that are only five yards beyond the line of scrimmage might have something to do with that.

Despite all of the turmoil and inefficiency, however, the Texans still rank within the top 10 in nearly every major receiving category, including receptions (5th), receiving yards (6th), receiving touchdowns (6th), 25+ yard receptions (8th), receiving first downs (2nd), and first down percentage (5th).

129/215, 60% completion rate for 1,581 yards, 13 TD/3 INT. [Hoyer is] averaging 35 passes a game.

Out of his six games, he's posted four with a QB rating higher than 100, and has a rating of 97.1 through six games, good for 10th overall in the NFL.

Hoyer is on pace for (through 14 games): 301/502, 60% completion rate for 3,689 yards, 30 TD/7 INT.

Had he started all 16 games, he'd have been on pace for: 344/573, 60% completion rate for 4,216 yards, 35 TD/8 INT.

573 attempts would have been good for 76th all time, right behind Matt Schaub's 2010 campaign. Based on his current stats through 6 games, he appears to be a vastly superior passer than Ryan Fitzpatrick was for us last year.

Also do a breakdown removing Hoyers garbage minutes from the Falcons and Dolphins fiascos:

Adjusted stat totals for 2015:

94/157 (59.9%), 1,137 yards (227.4 yds/gm), 10 TD/3 INT, 95.4 QB rating.

Projections through 16 games (adjusted):

250/418 (59.9%), 3,638 yards, 32 TD/10 INT, 103.7 QB rating

Basically Hoyer is having his best statistical year ever like Fitzpatrick had last year. So despite O'Briens flaws maybe there is something to what he can get from a QB.

#FireRickSmith

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
oneHeero, chuckddd, Tom Penny, y'all can couch Quarterback all you want but Riley Reiff was being beaten on those basic one on one's all game. All.game.long. We're talking basic one on one, Left Tackle vs. Defensive End battles.

Sure he could've stepped up in the pocket but he decided to dump it off to Ameer Abdullah where there was some sort of miscommunication. Either Ameer was supposed to stay where he was or he was supposed to go a few more yards on his route where Stafford threw the ball.

The first gif is inexcusable, shitty playcalling and all around chaos for the offensive line not knowing who was blitzing and from where.

He rolled out while his pocket didnt, should stepped in and to the left, follow the pocket, he ran into the outside pressure before doing anything else.

Run and step into where? The 3 Vikings who were waiting to destroy him? He had nowhere to go. Shitty playcall given the offensive line so that comes down on Lombardi.

oneHeero

oneHeero, chuckddd, Tom Penny, y'all can couch Quarterback all you want but Riley Reiff was being beaten on those basic one on one's all game. All.game.long. We're talking basic one on one, Left Tackle vs. Defensive End battles.

Sure he could've stepped up in the pocket but he decided to dump it off to Ameer Abdullah where there was some sort of miscommunication. Either Ameer was supposed to stay where he was or he was supposed to go a few more yards on his route where Stafford threw the ball.

The first gif is inexcusable, shitty playcalling and all around chaos for the offensive line not knowing who was blitzing and from where.

Run and step into where? The 3 Vikings who were waiting to destroy him? He had nowhere to go. Shitty playcall given the offensive line so that comes down on Lombardi.

Romo wouldve rolled out too, but than do a 360 because he's so elusive when he's not getting killed.

But I wouldve stayed between the C and RG the moment I saw the right side rush.

Godslay

Banned
2nd Stafford gif is slowed down for the record. Still bad decision, but deceptive in the amount of time he actually had.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Oh no, your left tackle sucks. Boo hoo. The Steelers are on their third string guy who's a conversion project.

You know who gets the blame for the Steelers offense sucking ass on Sunday? Ben Roethlisberger.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Meow,

Running back is still a problem for the Browns and a position that needs to be addressed again. Shame because we've put so many assets into it the last few years. Crow gets the fan fair but he's pretty much garbage for the most part (he's had a few good outings, but we can do better). We tend to hype players up more then we should in the Cleve sometimes.

Crows improved his balance this year a bit but vision etc still isn't were it should be, and it's not our line. Ppl might say our line hasn't looked the best but there's a good amount of variables that contribute to that (qbs holding onto balls to long, lack of vision by backs, etc). I think it's obvious the coaches desire more from crow too as we see Turbin get a good chunk of carries, and all Turbins done is fumble.

My boy Duke! Has been a good weapon for us but we've mostly utilized him as a wr, he should get more touches also but we always seem to abandon him. For instance vs the cardinals we just stopped using him after half. We can run Duke more but we still need more at rb, as Duke has had a string of injuries going back to college. I like dukes role as a Receiver on the team too

All in all #FirerFarmer, hope Jimmer sees the lions and other teams firing ppl and fire Farmer to jump start the search.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-ray-farmer

Browns play tonight! Go B R O W N S!

My boy Duke Johnson has looked so good out in space since he came off his injury. It just baffles me why our coaches keep going away from the few playmakers we ever have.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
For Dega because even though he is a horses ass to me I love the Corgi!

Despite Drops, Texans' Passing Offense Is Surprisingly Lethal

Also do a breakdown removing Hoyers garbage minutes from the Falcons and Dolphins fiascos:

Basically Hoyer is having his best statistical year ever like Fitzpatrick had last year. So despite O'Briens flaws maybe there is something to what he can get from a QB.

#FireRickSmith

That's why I've tried not to be so reactionary towards Obrien. He still shows signs of being good despite all that's happened. Tough to say for certain.

Honestly, it seems to me that the Lions front line is just plain bad. Good playcalling or bad playcalling, they can't seem to protect the QB. When it's a run of the mill defensive play the pocket implodes and Stafford gets swamped. When the opposing team runs a blitz it's even worse, sometimes they just plow right through them and Stafford gets killed before he even has a chance. There just isn't any cohesion or effort on their part, or at least not enough to allow Stafford to make plays.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My boy Duke Johnson has looked so good out in space since he came off his injury. It just baffles me why our coaches keep going away from the few playmakers we ever have.

I believe English play-by-play guy said it best: "One too many wankers in the building."

Let's hope bringing in Ratbird scum doesn't fail as miserably as bringing in Pat* scum or Jaguar poop. And if Tombert drafts another Rainey/Archer project, I'm out.

bionic77

I am on board with the Browns tonight because fuck the thug ass Bungles who keep killing my favorite player and never let him stay on the field.

I know the Browns will find a way to fuck it up but I am still with them.

Better to be incompetent than a straight up thug who celebrates injuries.

Top Bottom