• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

5JvYptV.jpg

#Gronkonomics
Word Life!!

Fox318

You know... I have some sympathy for Sanchez because he could be 60 years old, gone on to have a productive life out of football and do something excellent (cure cancer or something along those lines)

And the first thing that will come to mind when the words "Mark Sanchez" are uttered will be the play

bullshit everything I've read about him was that he was like RG3. He cared too much about his brand. Sure he did his offseason camp but he wasn't mature enough to be a starting QB and even all of these years later he never improved.

bullshit everything I've read about him was that he was like RG3. He cared too much about his brand. Sure he did his offseason camp but he wasn't mature enough to be a starting QB and even all of these years later he never improved.
Rex Ryan should have coached him to throw more touchdowns and less interceptions.

jakncoke

Banned

You dont think Tomlin is a coach you're just a dumbass new jersey jets fan

I mean I have some sympathy. I would not be surprised if all that were true. He seems a little douchey, but kind of sucks if he were to go and do something amazing and just be remembered for that. That's all

Another example.
Cam Newton will always be the guy who stole a laptop and spraypainted it to me. I can't really unthink it.

Fox318

Rex Ryan should have coached him to throw more touchdowns and less interceptions.

rex ryan played the hand he was delt to 2 afc champ games.

That dipshit offense they ran in 2009 and 2010 was designed so that an average madden player could run it.

He never improved. His accurcay never got better and even when he was told to just not make mistakes he tried to be a hero. Look at Fitz. He makes the simple smart plays and for the most part its fucking working.

squicken

Since I've been a fan off the top of my head:

Romeo Crennel - D coordinator on the Texans currently
Eric Mangini - I think he's a coach somewhere on the 49ers?
Pat Shurmur - QB coach in Philly? Or is it OC?
Rob Chudsinski - New OC in Indy.
Mike Pettine - ????

Shurmur is OC in Philly but it's Chip's show, Mangini is DC in SF. I think Chip will fire Shurmur when he lets Bradford walk

Shurmur is OC in Philly but it's Chip's show, Mangini is DC in SF. I think Chip will fire Shurmur when he lets Bradford walk

I dont think so. I think the myth that anyone can play Wr if the QB is good is getting destroyed this year. Look at Rodgers against the Denver D. If guys cant get open, and even worse cant catch when they are open, you are not going to have any success passing. Chip did a fantastic job rebuilding the D in the offseason. I think this coming offseason he focuses on the offense, improve the line and bring in some WRs. Give Bradford a new contract and hope that they can fix the drops.

"I'm also told that Joe Lombardi, the former offensive coordinator, was frustrated that he couldn't put enough on Stafford's plate, did not think he was able to handle it, was not taking as much control of the offense as the coaching staff wanted.

This might be my favorite article ever. I cant wait to play Halo with kas again.

squicken

I could possibly see that. Speaking of, who do you think will be the QB in Philly next year?

No idea, but it won't be Stafford or Kaep or RG3. It's tough. Giving up on Bradford is basically resetting the team after 3 years there. He'd be on the McCown/Hoyer treadmill like so many other teams. It's why he is all in on Bradford. It just has to work out, even if I am sure he knows it won't. Like they say, cutting and firing is the easy part.

And if Bradford finishes the Cowboys game, that will be 50% of the snaps this year, so no 4th coming back from STL. So no 2nd in the upcoming draft

No idea, but it won't be Stafford or Kaep or RG3. It's tough. Giving up on Bradford is basically resetting the team after 3 years there. He'd be on the McCown/Hoyer treadmill like so many other teams. It's why he is all in on Bradford. It just has to work out, even if I am sure he knows it won't. Like they say, cutting and firing is the easy part.

And if Bradford finishes the Cowboys game, that will be 50% of the snaps this year, so no 4th coming back from STL. So no 2nd in the upcoming draft

Everyone pray for Bradford's health please.

Hindl

Yeah I generally agree. For better or worse, Chip is sticking with Bradford, at least until he can draft a project. Hopefully he just builds up the line so we can get back to a strong running game to minimize Bradford's mistakes

squicken

I dont think so. I think the myth that anyone can play Wr if the QB is good is getting destroyed this year. Look at Rodgers against the Denver D. If guys cant get open, and even worse cant catch when they are open, you are not going to have any success passing. Chip did a fantastic job rebuilding the D in the offseason. I think this coming offseason he focuses on the offense, improve the line and bring in some WRs. Give Bradford a new contract and hope that they can fix the drops.

They definitely need to address the OL in the draft. I still think they believe in Jordan Mathews and Algholor. Both guys need to turn it on in the second half Big FA questions on defense as far as who to keep as well.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Shocked by the Mayhew and Lewand news. Not because I did not think it was coming but because of how sudden and soon it happened. Also with the initiative Martha Ford took.

Coming off of Matt Millen I liked a lot of the moves and picks he made. He hit on his Top 5 picks (Stafford*, Suh, Ansah), added solid pieces mid rounds sometimes (Darius Slay, DeAndre Levy, Larry Warford) and made some great choices in free agency (bringing in Golden Tate, signing Glover Quin over Dashon Goldston).

But he took risks on players like Jahvid Best and Titus Young when the Packers were drafting players like Randall Cobb and you don't have room for error in our division with moves like that.

Mayhew was tasked with the responsibility of brining the Lions and their roster back too the playing field after 0-16 and in a lot of ways he did do that. But this season has been so disappointingly abysmal when it's your 6-7th year there are no more excuses for starting 1-6 with the talent we have.

I'm not certain what will happen going forward but I believe Matthew Stafford should be apart of that future and the franchise would be sorely mistaken if we were to cut him for $11 Million in dead weight money or trade him. The guy it too talented given his track record and career thus far and I don't want us wasting a high pick on an unknown QB when we have a proven QB already.

It'll be up too whatever the next GM wants though. Come home Sean Payton.

*Say what you want about Stafford but many in the media and fans were clamoring for Aaron Curry or Mark Sanchez.

Meow,

Running back is still a problem for the Browns and a position that needs to be addressed again. Shame because we've put so many assets into it the last few years. Crow gets the fan fair but he's pretty much garbage for the most part (he's had a few good outings, but we can do better). We tend to hype players up more then we should in the Cleve sometimes.

Crows improved his balance this year a bit but vision etc still isn't were it should be, and it's not our line. Ppl might say our line hasn't looked the best but there's a good amount of variables that contribute to that (qbs holding onto balls to long, lack of vision by backs, etc). I think it's obvious the coaches desire more from crow too as we see Turbin get a good chunk of carries, and all Turbins done is fumble.

My boy Duke! Has been a good weapon for us but we've mostly utilized him as a wr, he should get more touches also but we always seem to abandon him. For instance vs the cardinals we just stopped using him after half. We can run Duke more but we still need more at rb, as Duke has had a string of injuries going back to college. I like dukes role as a Receiver on the team too

All in all #FirerFarmer, hope Jimmer sees the lions and other teams firing ppl and fire Farmer to jump start the search.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-ray-farmer

Browns play tonight! Go B R O W N S!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Shocked by the Mayhew and Lewand news. Not because I did not think it was coming but because of how sudden and soon it happened. Also with the initiative Martha Ford took.

Coming off of Matt Millen I liked a lot of the moves and picks he made. He hit on his Top 5 picks (Stafford*, Suh, Ansah), added solid pieces mid rounds sometimes (Darius Slay, DeAndre Levy, Larry Warford) and made some great choices in free agency (bringing in Golden Tate, signing Glover Quin over Dashon Goldston).

But he took risks on players like Jahvid Best and Titus Young when the Packers were drafting players like Randall Cobb and you don't have room for error in our division with moves like that.

Mayhew was tasked with the responsibility of brining the Lions and their roster back too the playing field after 0-16 and in a lot of ways he did do that. But this season has been so disappointingly abysmal when it's your 6-7th year there are no more excuses for starting 1-6 with the talent we have.

I'm not certain what will happen going forward but I believe Matthew Stafford should be apart of that future and the franchise would be sorely mistaken if we were to cut him for $11 Million in dead weight money or trade him. The guy it too talented given his track record and career thus far and I don't want us wasting a high pick on an unknown QB when we have a proven QB already.

It'll be up too whatever the next GM wants though. Come home Sean Payton.

*Say what you want about Stafford but many in the media and fans were clamoring for Aaron Curry or Mark Sanchez.

Are you gonna join us as a Texan fan next year?

RBH

Meow,

Running back is still a problem for the Browns and a position that needs to be addressed again. Shame because we've put so many assets into it the last few years. Crow gets the fan fair but he's pretty much garbage for the most part (he's had a few good outings, but we can do better). We tend to hype players up more then we should in the Cleve sometimes.

Crows improved his balance this year a bit but vision etc still isn't were it should be, and it's not our line. Ppl might say our line hasn't looked the best but there's a good amount of variables that contribute to that (qbs holding onto balls to long, lack of vision by backs, etc). I think it's obvious the coaches desire more from crow too as we see Turbin get a good chunk of carries, and all Turbins done is fumble.

My boy Duke! Has been a good weapon for us but we've mostly utilized him as a wr, he should get more touches also but we always seem to abandon him. For instance vs the cardinals we just stopped using him after half. We can run Duke more but we still need more at rb, as Duke has had a string of injuries going back to college. I like dukes role as a Receiver on the team too

All in all #FirerFarmer, hope Jimmer sees the lions and other teams firing ppl and fire Farmer to jump start the search.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-ray-farmer

Browns play tonight! Go B R O W N S!
I was pretty baffled at how Duke got a total of 3 touches against Arizona.

BigAT

I didn't realize Raheem Moore got benched.

The free agent safety class turned out to be quite awful beyond McCourty. I'm almost glad the Giants didn't end up signing any of them despite their desperate need. Granted it means starting Brandon Meriweather in 2015, but at least they aren't on the hook for any of those guys going forward.

Top Bottom