• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
No, it's just both your teams have had an astonishing amount of QBs used in the last decade
how many QBs did the ravens go through from 2000 superbowl to the time they drafted Flacco?

I linked your post from that game to Line last thread. First game as a season ticket holder or something!

do you still have it? Wasn't my first game though. It was my first season as a season ticket holder. Actually, it could have been my first game, the ravens game that year was pushed back IIRC because of Ike.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There are no better options if they fire him right now.

Teryl Austin, maybe, and even his defense has been horrid this year.

Some writers were theorizing that Caldwell was kept to try and lure in Tony Dungy as GM.

I still say go hard after Eliot Wolf in Green Bay for GM.

Teryl Austin, maybe.

Some writers were theorizing that Caldwell was kept to try and lure in Tony Dungy as GM.

Why would anyone want that. He himself has said that he wouldnt draft a player like Michael Sam. I wouldnt want a team from of criminals or anything, but the idea that my GM would put his religion over the teams best interests sounds terrible to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why would anyone want that. He himself has said that he wouldnt draft a player like Michael Sam. I wouldnt want a team from of criminals or anything, but the idea that my GM would put his religion over the teams best interests sounds terrible to me.

I don't know. Not my choice. He's a winner and I think he knows the game well. I just don't think he's the right choice for the team. It is well-known, however, that they tried to get him to come coach before they were spurned by Whisenhunt and then had to hire Caldwell. They're infatuated with the guy.

Plinko

Gil Brandt on Twitter:

Last coach to get another NFL HC job after leaving #Lions was Buddy Parker in 1957. 16 coaches have come, gone since then w/out resurfacing

:jnc

Sanjuro

Gil Brandt on Twitter:

:jnc

4Fyqirl.jpg

Bread

Banned
I'm not sure anyone named Joey Clinkscales exists in our world, are you sure you haven't been playing too much Final Fantasy?

Guess I'm used to it, but yeah, definitely a unique name. Not up there with Jim Bob Cooter tho.

Jnc I wonder what Cleveland and Oakland look like? Obviously Belicheck coached the browns a long time ago and gruden got traded to Tampa.

Not too bad actually. A lot of Raiders coaches tend to fall up once they leave. Shanny and Norv Turner come to mind and then there's Hue Jackson who will be HC somewhere next year.

Pepiope

pepiope is a bigger bradford fan
If his level of play doesn't improve from now until the end of the season then I'm on board with bringing in a new QB. I just believe he will improve as he gains trust in his leg/himself.

I'd keep him even if he doesn't improves if we can work a deal out in the 5-7M range, but I doubt that happens.

slabrock

Banned
Mayhew and Lewand gone; guessing Caldwell gets until the end of the season as a lame duck so the new gm can hire his own coach.

If his level of play doesn't improve from now until the end of the season then I'm on board with bringing in a new QB. I just believe he will improve as he gains trust in his leg/himself.

I'd keep him even if he doesn't improves if we can work a deal out in the 5-7M range, but I doubt that happens.

If the WR's learn to catch then his numbers will improve. Hopefully Nelson will be back this week. That should help things.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jnc I wonder what Cleveland and Oakland look like? Obviously Belicheck coached the browns a long time ago and gruden got traded to Tampa.

Since I've been a fan off the top of my head:

Romeo Crennel - D coordinator on the Texans currently
Eric Mangini - I think he's a coach somewhere on the 49ers?
Pat Shurmur - QB coach in Philly? Or is it OC?
Rob Chudsinski - New OC in Indy.
Mike Pettine - ????

MechDX

Just a few. McClay, too. RT @dery1051: Names #Lions should consider for GM per @RapSheet:

Kerschner, Quinn, Gaine, Hickey, and E.Wolf.

Awesome! Texans can now lose Gaine like they lost McGanahan or whatever his name is to the Jets last year while Rick Smith just keeps on keepin on.

You know... I have some sympathy for Sanchez because he could be 60 years old, gone on to have a productive life out of football and do something excellent (cure cancer or something along those lines)

And the first thing that will come to mind when the words "Mark Sanchez" are uttered will be the play

Top Bottom