• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

"Cabanas" (ghetto luxury box) that will be available during Charger games:

196f047f-133a-44d2-98da-a9e13a958015.jpg

JABEE

I think Romo's situation is different.

The Eagles didn't have a big incentive to move on from Bradford if you bought into Wentz not being ready.

The Cowboys are paying Romo a ton of money to back-up an established Dak Prescott. Romo has also not started a game in a long time.

Romo should end up in Kansas City. Alex Smith was always meant to be a stop gap and his dead money for 2017 is about 7.2 million which can be spread around if its a post-June cut.

That would be interesting as that KC team would be hella fun to watch with Romo at the helm.

squicken

Romo should end up in Kansas City. Alex Smith was always meant to be a stop gap and his dead money for 2017 is about 7.2 million which can be spread around if its a post-June cut.

That would be fun as that KC team would be hella fun to watch with Romo at the helm.

I had not thought of that and it would be the perfect place for him to go. They could probably get something for Alex if the traded him instead of cutting him

Hindl

I think the Eagles will hold onto Peters until he can't go anymore.

The upside of having two elite OTs playing at the same is too much to just cut them.

I don't see the Eagles voiding Lane Johnson's contract.

The Eagles could use some depth at O-Line this offseason.

The depth got tested pretty well this season, but if we cut JP and something happens with Lane again that depth could be in trouble. So I'd hang on to JP and possibly restructure Lane into a better deal for a year, and draft depth in the later rounds. And if the price is right, sign Leary to LG

I had not thought of that and it would be the perfect place for him to go. They could probably get something for Alex if the traded him instead of cutting him
Man if only chip had stayed with the 9ers one more year, small hands is the perfect QB to run his offense. Romo and KC is a great match I wonder if Andy would do it though. He is so fucking loyal to his guys.

Mary Kay CabotVerified account
‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns have fired DL coach Robert Nunn and replaced him w/former #Rams assistant Clyde Simmons, source confirms for http://cleveland.com

His plane ticket to Jacksonville is being booked as we speak:) He is an ex-Coughlin assistant and coached the defensive line for the Giants prior to McAdoo taking over.

It seems like Coughlin is the coach in Jacksonvile.
He's not actually headed to Jacksonville yet but it's pretty clear that Coughlin is definitely involved in putting the coaching staff together. The Tyrone Wheatley hire was certainly more on the Marrone side of the equation though. I fully expect Nunn to be under consideration for the DL coach position though. Mike Nolan is interviewing for their LB coach position, too.

Either way, its clear the Caldwell's role in Jacksonville has been significantly reduced with Coughlin coming in to run the show.

I love the old man so I'll certainly be watching the Jags next year and see what kind of turn around he can bring for the team. Marrone should be fine working under Coughlin, too.

Eleuin

This NFCCG is going to be like 2014 ravens-pats where BAL couldn't overcome not having CBs worth a damn

I could excuse gunter because he's an UDFA but Randall played so consistently sloppy that if you told me he'd be a mid round pick 2 years ago I'd believe you

squicken

Not even joking you let chip run that offense with small hands and that D behind them. Texans would go to the sb barring injuries.

Really feels like they are right on the cusp. If Clowney, Mercilus and Watt can be healthy for a playoff run (big if) and they just get okay QB play, they can contend. w/o elite QB play the windows are small

cdyhybrid

Per Mike Garafolo:

Seahawks' Trent Kirchner, a candidate for the 49ers' GM opening, will be staying in Seattle, source said. Has withdrawn from SF search.

Edit: KJ and Basketball named to the Pro Bowl. Good for them. Shame it's in Orlando instead of Hawaii.

Edit 2: @Schultz_Report

Hearing Phillip Rivers forcing a trade to #49ers is real. Disappointed in the LA move and wants to have say in GM/coach hiring process.

Edit 3: after that -

Important to note that Rivers isn't forcing a trade as I've discussed. His denial is consistent w/that. He's now open to playing elsewhere.

🤔🤔🤔

Hello fam.
Per Mike Garafolo:

Edit: KJ and Basketball named to the Pro Bowl. Good for them. Shame it's in Orlando instead of Hawaii.

Edit 2: @Schultz_Report

Edit 3: after that -

🤔🤔🤔
Who would qb the Chargers though 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Farooq

Banned
Neither can I. Dak led Cowboys put up 31 points in a playoff game and the Packers needed Rodgers superheroics to win. I don't see how Romo would have definitively done better.

I am going through the game film and I am seeing what I saw all season, missed opportunities, things I don't think Romo would have missed. Dak failed to see match-up advantages especially with Witten and Beasley in man situations.

On their first drive Dak had Witten split out and Beasley stacked behind him. GB was playing man-free. Beasley had a free release and was open, but Dak forces it to Dez on a post with the safety cheating to his side and it is nearly picked. Cowboys had to settle for a FG.

I get that Cowboys think their future is bright but all I can see is a wasted opportunity to use a veteran QB against weak ass defenses.

Even though many of us were calling this, in reality there's no way they would've done it. No matter if it was the right choice, if Dak had that team taken away from him there would've been a media field day. And if they did that and Romo lost they would've been torn apart. So I don't think there's any way that was going to happen

Garrett admitted there was a compelling argument for Romo in his last press conference, but wanted to stay on their run. I get what you are saying about the media, but I don't think that factored into their decision, well I hope not.

Not just the QB situation, though I agree with you, but it definitely feels like DAL wasted a huge chance.

The year of no great teams and they had homefield throughout the playoffs. Last time they had HFA was in 2007.

Tom Penny

Tomlin not anticipating any communication issues against the Patriots.

Hustle's over Asterisks fans! Can't wait to see what new equipment malfunction the boys at Gillette dream up!

lol

After the Steelers beat the Jets in the AFC Championship Game in January of 2011, the Jets said they were having problems communicating at Heinz Field. Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said the problems were something he hadn’t previously encountered.

Sanchez said the headsets in Pittsburgh failed repeatedly.“The problem was the headset kept going out multiple times during the game,” Sanchez said, “so I had to run over and get a couple calls, piece together some calls on the headset that came in broken up. It was one of those things we were fighting through. I was proud of our guys for trying to piece it together.”

I am going through the game film and I am seeing what I saw all season, missed opportunities, things I don't think Romo would have missed. Dak failed to see match-up advantages especially with Witten and Beasley in man situations.

On their first drive Dak had Witten split out and Beasley stacked behind him. GB was playing man-free. Beasley had a free release and was open, but Dak forces it to Dez on a post with the safety cheating to his side and it is nearly picked. Cowboys had to settle for a FG.

I get that Cowboys think their future is bright but all I can see is a wasted opportunity to use a veteran QB against weak ass defenses.
I'm the biggest Romo Homer on this site, Dak played good enough to win and it was our coach that wrecked us on the spike and A HORRIBLE defensive collapse on the final drive. Blitz and we go into OT.

I would always take Romo over Dak but I'm not putting any Blame on Dak.

cdyhybrid

I'm the biggest Romo Homer on this site, Dak played good enough to win and it was our coach that wrecked us on the spike and A HORRIBLE defensive collapse on the final drive. Blitz and we go into OT.

I would always take Romo over Dak but I'm not putting any Blame on Dak.
Why do you put your username in the post subject?

Top Bottom