• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

I think this is why Josh McDaniels told the Niners, "No thanks."

The Browns have a more talented roster then the 9ers and they were actively trying to unload guys for their tank. McD was so smart to turn that disaster down. I really do feel bad for who ever winds up taking that job, they better find a way to win fast or little jeddy is going to fire them quick.

squicken

Squicken posted a stat towards the end of last year showing that they were actually historically bad. I know just in terms of # of people played they have to be really fucking high on the all time list.

Bradford threw the ball on average 2.44s, which was fourth fastest in the league. He was still sacked 37 times, which is his career high, and 7th most in the league. The Vikes were dead last in rushing YPC and EPA. The Vikings had 8 different starting combinations on the OL, no starter on the OL started more than 14 games or took more than 88% of the snaps.

No PFF nonsense. Go look and your favorite team(s) and see how healthy they were, how well they ran the ball, gave up sacks. Then you will know

Are you guys familiar with the invisible letter at the start of names trend. For example amicheal would be pronounced as Damicheal. There was a rant from an old guy on the radio the other day about it.

Edit: thank you squicken!

cdyhybrid

Bradford threw the ball on average 2.44s, which was fourth fastest in the league. He was still sacked 37 times, which is his career high, and 7th most in the league. The Vikes were dead last in rushing YPC and EPA. The Vikings had 8 different starting combinations on the OL, no starter on the OL started more than 14 games or took more than 88% of the snaps.

No PFF nonsense. Go look and your favorite team(s) and see how healthy they were, how well they ran the ball, gave up sacks. Then you will know
Seattle gave up more sacks, only averaged 0.7 more YPC.

StubHub Center, where the Chargers will play:
719abb4a-76ed-484b-9f3d-13aaf3f86084.jpg

b5e1c6fd-26c8-410d-8b79-de0774eea707.jpg

How much is that due to wuss holding the ball though. Eagles played both teams, plus both were on national TV this year and they look totally different. Vikings were giving up pressure instantly and consistently every game. Seahawks OL is bad as well but no OL is in the vikings relm of suck. They started off bad and then all the starters and backups got hurt.

squicken

Russ is a great QB and Bradford is not. If you are going to have a bad line, you have to have a running QB. And I'm not trying to have an argument about who is worse. I would put SEA, MIN and Denver about the same version of bad

cdyhybrid

Russ is a great QB and Bradford is not. If you are going to have a bad line, you have to have a running QB. And I'm not trying to have an argument about who is worse. I would put SEA, MIN and Denver about the same version of bad
But YH said MIN was the worst and it's not even close

Pretty much everyone sucks. Football sucks.

#FuckRBH

squicken

I'm curious how many people are returning for the various bad OL units. Is SEA banking on young guys getting better? Is NY going to move Flowers to RT? Seems like a few teams need a LT

Striker

I'm curious how many people are returning for the various bad OL units. Is SEA banking on young guys getting better? Is NY going to move Flowers to RT? Seems like a few teams need a LT
I think they have to definitely investigate moving Flowers, either to RG or to RT. Pugh and Richburg will return/start (Flowers will too, somewhere) but the other two are up for grabs. Praying Tebow that Bengals let Zeitler hits FA and Reese nabs him.

But YH said MIN was the worst and it's not even close

2 years ago the Eagles OL was terrible. The guards got beat every play, they couldnt run the ball at all. I think the Vikings OL is significantly worse then that. Seriously go watch some film of the Vikings towards the end of the year when everyone is out. Guys coming free from everywhere. Seahawks have a poor line no doubt but I dont think it was close to the same. Just look at what the Eagles did to the Vikings, their DL was in the backfield every play, they hit Bradford like a million times. They didnt do anything like that against the Seahawks when they played them.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like Pete will try and bring in some veteran FAs for competition and to maybe win jobs (particularly at tackle), and I wouldn't rule out more draft picks.

I think they're alright with the interior for now, but both tackle spots were unmitigated disasters.

MechDX

this post was not meant to disrespect high school football.
i know some have bigger stadiums and more viewer

it just does not look like NLF at all.

It's good. I'm laughing that an actual NFL team is playing in a stadium that small and I'm guessing will still have troubles filling it

Seems like the Panthers are going to try and run the same group out there. Which, to be fair, played really well as a unit in 16/19 games in 2015. They were never healthy and too many people were playing out of position last year.

I think the SB showed us that Oher, Remmers, and Zombie Khalil are not long term answers though

Hindl

I can already imagine Cox and Cox Jr on the jerseys. Dakota Rayne will be shook.

Add him to Peters, Jonhson, and Smallwood. If only we got Ha ha Clinton-Dix

Seriously who tf is going to root for the Chargers in LA? May as well dissolve the franchise and pick a new area to make a football team. Put one in Utah the Mormons probably like football

squicken

2 years ago the Eagles OL was terrible. The guards got beat every play, they couldnt run the ball at all. I think the Vikings OL is significantly worse then that. Seriously go watch some film of the Vikings towards the end of the year when everyone is out. Guys coming free from everywhere. Seahawks have a poor line no doubt but I dont think it was close to the same. Just look at what the Eagles did to the Vikings, their DL was in the backfield every play, they hit Bradford like a million times. They didnt do anything like that against the Seahawks when they played them.

I wonder if the Eagles keep Peters. I know there was talk they could void Lane's contract, but it would seem silly to do that an try and fill that spot

Farooq

Banned
I don't think I will get over how this QB situation was handled. To not start your best player and go one and fucking done. Dak was facing practice squad DBs, fuck this shit.

Hindl

I wonder if the Eagles keep Peters. I know there was talk they could void Lane's contract, but it would seem silly to do that an try and fill that spot

I hope they do. Rumor is they move on from Kelce (which I'd be ok with if they get decent comp), and Peters and Barbre are old, while Johnson is on the edge of a 2 year ban. If Peters moves on and Johnson comes back with a positive piss test, that's bad. Plus false starts aside Peters was one of the best LTs in football, like #7 and compared to other LTs he's the 10th highest paid. I think he'll restructure his cap hit and stick around for one more year before retiring.

I don't think I will get over how this QB situation was handled. To not start your best player and go one and fucking done. Dak was facing practice squad DBs, fuck this shit.

Even though many of us were calling this, in reality there's no way they would've done it. No matter if it was the right choice, if Dak had that team taken away from him there would've been a media field day. And if they did that and Romo lost they would've been torn apart. So I don't think there's any way that was going to happen

Mindlog

So they're going to build their fan base in LA selling only
hopefully
30k seats per game for two years THEN they need to sell more than double that when they finally play their first game in their new stadium.

JABEE

I think the Eagles will hold onto Peters until he can't go anymore.

The upside of having two elite OTs playing at the same is too much to just cut them.

I don't see the Eagles voiding Lane Johnson's contract.

The Eagles could use some depth at O-Line this offseason.

squicken

Not just the QB situation, though I agree with you, but it definitely feels like DAL wasted a huge chance.

Top Bottom