• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Going a whole season without getting hurt and claiming the title of All-Time Captain Checkdown are notable accomplishments

Sam Bradford:

YPA: 7.2

Wussel:

YPA: 7.7

Boy that extra 1.5 feet really made a difference. I guess ole wuss is just a captain checkdown QB as well. It is funny looking at their stats and seeing how similar they are, except for ints of course.

Highest completion percentage of all time is middle of the road? I think you have taken one to many blows to the head playing rugby my friend.

7.0 YPA puts him 18th
9.8 yards per completion leaves him tied with Bork at the bottom of all qualifying NFL QBs.
3.6% TD percentage puts him 23rd in the league.

Keep clinging to a completion percentage boosted by checkdowns though. I'm sure the Vikings are also absolutely delighted to have given up a first round pick in exchange for missing the playoffs with an offense that was 29th in the league with 5.0 yards per play.

cdyhybrid

Sam Bradford:

YPA: 7.2

Wussel:

YPA: 7.7

Boy that extra 1.5 feet really made a difference. I guess ole wuss is just a captain checkdown QB as well. It is funny looking at their stats and seeing how similar they are, except for ints of course.
Russell had a shit season and the worst OL in football.

And Bradford still couldn't beat him.

7.0 YPA puts him 18th
9.8 yards per completion leaves him tied with Bork at the bottom of all qualifying NFL QBs.
3.6% TD percentage puts him 23rd in the league.

Keep clinging to a completion percentage boosted by checkdowns though. I'm sure the Vikings are also absolutely delighted to have given up a first round pick in exchange for missing the playoffs with an offense that was 29th in the league with 5.0 yards per play.

I am sure they are delighted to bring in a QB that was so good for them, unfortunately their OL was one of the worst in NFL history last year, they had no running game at all, and their WRs are terrible. You need to pick a team so we can point out how much better Sammy is then your QB.

Russell had a shit season and the worst OL in football.

And Bradford still couldn't beat him.

No way was the Seahawks OL even close to as bad as the Vikes was.

I am sure they are delighted to bring in a QB that was so good for them, unfortunately their OL was one of the worst in NFL history last year, they had no running game at all, and their WRs are terrible. You need to pick a team so we can point out how much better Sammy is then your QB.

You're not leaving me with many options if that's your goal.

this_guy

Imagine that on the Texans.

But noooo, they wanted the guy who DEN was willing to let walk so they could start Mark Sanchez.

Denver was offering him starter money as well. But the combination of Brock getting butt hurt because they put Peyton back in plus Houston offered him slightly more money were the reasons he walked. People seem to forget Elway wanted to keep Brock.

Pepiope

You're not leaving me with many options if that's your goal.
Come to eagles gaf. We're about to hit our stride.

Denver was offering him starter money as well. But the combination of Brock getting butt hurt because they put Peyton back in plus Houston offered him slightly more money were the reasons he walked. People seem to forget Elway wanted to keep Brock.
If they believed Brock was their franchise QB, they don't let him walk. Those QBs don't grow on trees

Right, but you also can't ignore the injury history.

One, you can't guarantee immediate success. He hasn't started a game since 2015, and one drive in 2016 doesn't change that.

Two, even if he is successful, he still hurt his back twice with the best line in football. If he goes down then you're out a QB and whatever you gave up to get him. He's not coming back from another injury.

Dallas should have started him this year. Imagine him winning Dallas a super bowl and then retiring allowing Dak to take over next season. That's how it should have played out, but Dallas had to stick with the "hot hand".
Dak played better then Erin

30. Miami Dolphins (19)
Top overall grade: RT Ja’Wuan James, 78.0 (No. 32)

Top pass-blocking grade: LG Laremy Tunsil, 79.3 (No. 40)

Top run-blocking grade: RT Ja’Wuan James, 81.0 (No. 18)

The loss of Mike Pouncey hurt this team in a major way, and he went down after just 301 snaps of action. Jermon Bushrod was a huge problem at RG all season, allowing five sacks and 34 total QB pressures as a pass blocker. He was also disastrous in the run game, with a 34.9 run-blocking grade, making him the lowest-graded guard league-wide in that facet. Rookie Laremy Tunsil flashed talent throughout the year, but had as many bad games as good ones, and the longer the season wore on, the worse Branden Albert began to look at LT, highlighted by his performance against James Harrison and the Steelers in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.

Hmmmm...

It's sad how much we miss Pouncey on the line.

Greg

giphy.gif

Mindlog

Switch is the Jeff Fisher of gaming.
Nintendo will make some weird ass choices to drive up the price of a system filled with... matured hardware. Then it will release, Breath of the Wild.

Then it announces Mario Odyssey and realizes it's in danger of going above .500 so they temper that with some baffling chat app party management for your phone and charges for online multiplayer.

The 8-8 dream lives.

You rank OLs by picking whatever team you root for, then being hyperbolic and saying they're the worst OL in NFL history.

Duh.

Squicken posted a stat towards the end of last year showing that they were actually historically bad. I know just in terms of # of people played they have to be really fucking high on the all time list.

Jarnet87

Switch is the Jeff Fisher of gaming.
Nintendo will make some weird ass choices to drive up the price of a system filled with... matured hardware. Then it will release, Breath of the Wild.

Then it announces Mario Odyssey and realizes it's in danger of going above .500 so they temper that with some baffling chat app party management for your phone and charges for online multiplayer.

The 8-8 dream lives.

Was the GameCube backwards hat Jeff? A cool system with power and actual good 3rd party support that no one gave a fuck about.

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 31m31 minutes ago
Was told that after interviewing Chip Kelly, interim OC Nathaniel Hackett is still the favorite for the #Jaguars OC position.

Me right now:
ChipGrinCreepy.gif

Ricky Proehl resigns as Panthers WR coach to spend more time with family.

Have to say it was a bit disappointing to see how little Benjamin has developed under him. He's still the same handsy, sloppy route running, play quitting, poor blocking guy he was two years ago.

Maybe the opening for 89 to come and slap some fire into 13

This is true.

Erin Andrews while stunning in her wine red leather bomber, did not have a great day on the field.

Chip was stupid for taking the Niners job. It was a shit situation with a shit owner and in one year it destroyed his stock. He could have sat out the year and he'd probably be a much more attractive candidate.

manfestival

May the better teams win this weekend and by better I mean steelers and Godgers. Don't give me the story of being denied Brady and rodgers.

Chip was stupid for taking the Niners job. It was a shit situation with a shit owner and in one year it destroyed his stock. He could have sat out the year and he'd probably be a much more attractive candidate.

This is so fucking true. Everyone knew the 9ers was a multi-year rebuild except for the idiot owner. I am shocked that there is a team in the league that wouldnt want him as OC over anyone though. That is crazy.

JABEE

This is so fucking true. Everyone knew the 9ers was a multi-year rebuild except for the idiot owner. I am shocked that there is a team in the league that wouldnt want him as OC over anyone though. That is crazy.

I think this is why Josh McDaniels told the Niners, "No thanks."

Top Bottom