• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

RBH ain't my president, DM/MRSA 2016!

HQh54AC.gif

bionic77

I have the Saint on in the background on a second screen.

There are certain movies that you liked when you were younger but somehow you know were actually absolute shit. It still hurts when the truth is revealed at a later date.

I can't believe me and my friends thought this was a solid movie in the 90s. It is 100% a smelly turd.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sorry for the late reply. Had to go to the ER (
had parathyroid surgery a couple days ago, experiencing chest pain and weak left arm so went to the ER, everything is good though
)

Anyway this is what I was talking about.

FluffyIndelibleHoki.gif

Here is Romo explaining his weird shit to Linehan.

ConfusedConsiderateBooby.gif

I know you are suppose to keep majority of your weight on your back foot (I think they teach kids 70/30 rule), but I have never seen the heel up like that.

Addressing your post, yea it will be interesting. I would personally be all for a trade back and just go all in Romo. But then you hear reports that Romo still had to take Wednesdays off even after resting for 2 months and I can understand the urgency to groom a successor now.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

That Romo drop back with his left foot and his toes tippy toeing is weird. I've never noticed that when I've watched him play, which has been quite a few times, throughout his career. Is that common for him when he drops back out of shotgun or even out of center?

Just watching that makes my left ankle hurt. Seems like it puts way to much pressure on his ankle therefore calf therefore knee.

He's had a hell of a career, even though I'm still bitter about the playoff game, but has he been doing that his whole career?

I wish the Internet could provide me with more Stafford gifs from practice instead of that one fumble he had at Green Bay a few years ago but I like Stafford's footwork.

Stafford has gotten better at his footwork throughout his career, starting with Coach Linehan, but for a variety of reasons he was not able to replicate the success he had with Linehan like he did in 2011. Though when Jim Bob Cooter took over and simplified the offense mid season his statistics shot through the roof.

He can get into gunslinger mode sometimes and it's amazing to watch.

I've posted this before but this was my favorite Stafford TD pass from 2015 against the 49ers.

Matthew Stafford 26 Yard Touchdown to TJ Jones

It's such an incredible pass and a display of his unbelievable ability to throw the ball. He's out of shotgun, goes first to his check down read and immediately turns his head to TJ Jones and doesn't even step into the pass and hits him in double coverage.

Watching him in the simplified Jim Bob Cooter offense was a joy to watch after whatever the fuck Joe Lombardi was trying to emulate from Sean Peyton.

I think Romo has one or two more good seasons in him. If he stays healthy the Cowboys should have no problem winning the NFC East, if he does not you'll get similar results as this season. I really think Jerry gets a QB just in case and for the future in this draft.

BTW one of the most heartbreaking losses I've had as a Lions fan was when Tony Romo ripped our hearts out in 2007. I'll never forget that game because it was one of the few times the Lions were getting televised at the time in Southern California because it was a big game for both teams coming in.

You guys were 11-1 coming into the game and we were 6-4 with talks of Jon Kitna leading us to the playoffs during Calvin Johnson's rookie year.

Tony Romo led a beautiful 2 minute drive and hit Jason Witten and essentially ended our season and lead us into a downward spiral that hit rock bottom with the 2008 0-16 Lions.

The Cowboys-Lions rivalry goes back.

MRSA

Banned
Guys, I packed my bagged for Vegas; yankee pick me up at 1000.

Apparently Vegas is packed due to Super Bowl and Lunar New Year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have the Saint on in the background on a second screen.

There are certain movies that you liked when you were younger but somehow you know were actually absolute shit. It still hurts when the truth is revealed at a later date.

I can't believe me and my friends thought this was a solid movie in the 90s. It is 100% a smelly turd.

It's funny because I was just having this same thought after watching Police Academy 2. Turns out the first one is the only good one!

Farooq

Banned
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

That Romo drop back with his left foot and his toes tippy toeing is weird. I've never noticed that when I've watched him play, which has been quite a few times, throughout his career. Is that common for him when he drops back out of shotgun or even out of center?

Just watching that makes my left ankle hurt. Seems like it puts way to much pressure on his ankle therefore calf therefore knee.

He's had a hell of a career, even though I'm still bitter about the playoff game, but has he been doing that his whole career?

I wish the Internet could provide me with more Stafford gifs from practice instead of that one fumble he had at Green Bay a few years ago but I like Stafford's footwork.

Stafford has gotten better at his footwork throughout his career, starting with Coach Linehan, but for a variety of reasons he was not able to replicate the success he had with Linehan like he did in 2011. Though when Jim Bob Cooter took over and simplified the offense mid season his statistics shot through the roof.

He can get into gunslinger mode sometimes and it's amazing to watch.

I've posted this before but this was my favorite Stafford TD pass from 2015 against the 49ers.

Matthew Stafford 26 Yard Touchdown to TJ Jones

It's such an incredible pass and a display of his unbelievable ability to throw the ball. He's out of shotgun, goes first to his check down read and immediately turns his head to TJ Jones and doesn't even step into the pass and hits him in double coverage.

Watching him in the simplified Jim Bob Cooter offense was a joy to watch after whatever the fuck Joe Lombardi was trying to emulate from Sean Peyton.

I think Romo has one or two more good seasons in him. If he stays healthy the Cowboys should have no problem winning the NFC East, if he does not you'll get similar results as this season. I really think Jerry gets a QB just in case and for the future in this draft.

BTW one of the most heartbreaking losses I've had as a Lions fan was when Tony Romo ripped our hearts out in 2007. I'll never forget that game because it was one of the few times the Lions were getting televised at the time in Southern California because it was a big game for both teams coming in.

You guys were 11-1 coming into the game and we were 6-4 with talks of Jon Kitna leading us to the playoffs during Calvin Johnson's rookie year.

Tony Romo led a beautiful 2 minute drive and hit Jason Witten and essentially ended our season and lead us into a downward spiral that hit rock bottom with the 2008 0-16 Lions.

The Cowboys-Lions rivalry goes back.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Stafford is getting better and better each year. But the change is incremental, so obviously it won't be a big story. That pass was pretty good though.

Glad your ER visit went ok, Farooq.

Thanks. I had an abnormal parathyroid gland removed and the pamphlet they gave me when I went home said to contact the doctor if I experienced chest pains so I didn't want to chance it. Unusual for someone my age to have an overactive parathyroid gland, got tested for MEN1, no pathogenic variants were detected, but a negative test does not eliminate the possibility of MEN1. Coincidentally, they did find a cyst on posterior region of my pituitary, think it is benign.

My friend's mom just got back from parathyroid surgery, somewhere in Florida, took 15 minutes.

It is funny, I was told overactive parathyroid glands are typically seen in older women. That is what prompted the test for MEN1, but then when I spoke to the medical geneticist, she is said it is not that rare for men my age.

There is a guy who does radio-guided parathyroid surgery in Tampa which typically has shorter surgery time. Radio-guided surgery was all the craze in the early 2000s but fell out favor when experts started to agree the gamma probe didn't offer any significant advantages.

Line_HTX

Von Miller fined $23,152 for unsportsmanlike conduct, T.J. Ward fined the same amount for SPEARING, and Shiloh Keo fined the same amount for hit on "defenseless" player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom