• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Evan Mathis: Chip Kelly couldn't handle big personalities

Mathis also stated via e-mail that Kelly is not the type of coach who could have handled the 2015 Broncos’ contingent of outsized characters.

“There were many things that Chip had done that showed me he wasn’t building a championship team,” Mathis wrote in his e-mail to 9NEWS. “Two of the main issues that concerned me were: 1. A never-evolving, vanilla offense that forced our own defense to play higher than normal play counts. 2. His impatience with certain personality types even when they were blue-chip talents. The Broncos team I was on would have eaten Chip alive. I don’t think he could have handled the plethora of large personalities.”

MechDX

Wellington you the man!!

22 HOU
CARSON WENTZ QBNORTH DAKOTA ST.

Bill O'Brien would have a tough time bypassing a big, athletic pocket passer with a rocket arm. Although Wentz will need some time to acclimate to the pro game, the Texans have a solid supporting cast in place to make a playoff push with a young quarterback at the helm.

squicken

To be fair, Mathis got a ring and chip got fired. So I think Evan won

Chip is going to have to evolve his offense. Way too many plays were blown up b/c the other team knew exactly what was coming. He should slow down occasionally, bu I doubt he ever will

eznark

Banned
Chip is going to have to evolve his offense. Way too many plays were blown up b/c the other team knew exactly what was coming. He should slow down occasionally, bu I doubt he ever will

If he slows down his offense...what does he have? What makes him stand out from anyone else at that point? His entire schtick is tempo.

Pepiope

FMT is on the Pepiope/YH Chip Is Always Right train already :')
I wasn't on the chip is always right train. I was on the Chip can do whatever he wants to create a team in his image train. I still think he deserved more to see that through, but what's done is done.

Hindl

I think Chip will figure it out and become a good head coach. He just needed to get his teeth kicked in once to humble him. I think he knows he won't nearly have the rope he did before, and he has a lot to prove.

he seems like the kind of guy who'd rather have the money. he literally lost millions of dollars

Oh yeah definitely he is all about the money, and is probably pissed about losing out on that. However, he got to get a SB ring, and he's a free agent. He's old but he proved he can still play. He'll get paid

I wasn't on the chip is always right train. I was on the Chip can do whatever he wants to create a team in his image train. I still think he deserved more to see that through, but what's done is done.

And now you're all alone on the Howie Roseman train. You're the only person I've seen defend him.

Hindl

And now you're all alone on the Howie Roseman train. You're the only person I've seen defend him.

I support Roseman too. I have my misgivings about how the whole FO shakeup and coaching search went, but he's made a point of locking up our young homegrown talent. I'm still a little wary, but I'll trust Howie after the recent moves he's made

Cowboys writers talking about how all the off the field issues the team has had with players is causing a power shift towards Jason Garrett, because he was always wary of the moves and big on character.

Allegedly DC Marinelli wanted to keep Hardy but got overruled. It also may have an impact on who we take in the draft this year.

Pepiope

Howie, like Chip, deserves a shot. He will sink or swim with this opportunity. I'm not gonna be pissed about having Howie run the show when he hasn't given us anything to be pissed about.

That feels like a fall guy position.

Like when the animu act up it'll be my fault.

Because they will act up...

Well, Let's go through the Four Horsemen of the Animupocalypse

Narag sleeps all the time so you should be okay.

Bribe Paper with tree foils and you might get him to bend to your will or threaten his ferrets. Whichever you may feel is the proper choice

Jbug... Can't help you there.. Wildcard.gif

Xia.. well he's basically God here and we have to submit to his benevolent dictatorship

Fuck all of you for what this has become.

The thread? Fire Emblem? The country?

Never. On a dish on the counter for life once unwrapped

Shit, My family has been doing it wrong then.

cdyhybrid

kOx9ObT.jpg

Is that real? lmao. Jimmy Harbs gives no fucks, wearing the Michigan garb and everything.

I wonder if any part of him wants to maybe push the boundaries because he doesn't really care if he gets fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom