• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Full metal Jacket for the first time. Not a big fan.

Paths of Glory was a much better film. Apocalypse Now too.

I understand why people like FMJ, but nothing really happens and the breakdown in the first half was predictable.

It's two movies for me really. When R. Lee Ermey exits.. It's not as appealing to me. D'onforio and Ermey make that first half.

But Spartacus > FMJ at least to me.

Since jak is gone, Floyd will be the new jak.
I don't drink though.

eznark

Banned
CcV0U4FWAAAoQd8.jpg:large

squicken

I just watched Full metal Jacket for the first time. A bit of a disappointment.
Paths of Glory was a much better film. Apocalypse Now too.

I understand why people like FMJ, but nothing really happens and the breakdown in the first half was predictable.

Maybe when the movie came out, scenarios weren't considered so cliche'. It's like a checklist of Vietnam War dark humor.

I enjoyed Good Morning, Vietnam more.

By the time I finally saw The Graduate, it had been so integrated into popular media (Wayne's World, The Simpsons), it had very little impact for me

I think it's the same for FMJ. You've seen that movie in bits and pieces of a bunch of other things that borrowed from it. That said, most people feel the movie loses a lot after the shift from Paris Island to Hue City

I love The Killing as well. When I saw it my first thought was the guys who wrote Beverly Hills Cop 2 owed Kubrick money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom