• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

No wonder he was always able to chase down Mr. Matthews.

latest
Jnc

Ffs Cleveland just trade for kapfraud Squidward already, fucking take him, we'll take a late second round pick.

No.. Sorry. Misery for all when you deal with Cleveland.

I don't have a PS4

I thought you did. Too bad Rando doesn't care enough to play with me and BG, Chris, and MRSA.

That was nothing compared to that one poster talking about breeding black people to have lower intelligence

Docrivers.gif

Hindl

Ugh I like Sam but I hope they don't overpay him. Hopefully Les Bowen is right and this is just Philly playing the media. I want him back, but not if it's going to cost something like $18M.

Tuesday is going to be glorious.

It'll be amazing. She gave a great victory speech. At the same time, I'm feeling a little bad for Sanders. He just seems so deflated and down since yesterday. Understandable though. I still like him even though I support Hillary. Hopefully back in the Senate he can continue his work and make change there

Spinluck

Looks like we're not re-signing Hasslebald, end of an era.

Time to look at upcoming QBs in the draft.

We've replaced legends before.

He was a solid enough player when healthy, but never healthy.

Staying healthy on the Giants is beyond the strength of any normal man though, so he could be a good pickup.

Maybe as a back up then, because we need the depth anyways, when our starters are garbage what hope can you have for the back ups?

MRSA

Banned
So with Justin Tucker getting the tag, what does that mean for their LG Osemele? Would you pay 8-10 million for a LG? Granted he can play any position other than C.

Striker

Maybe as a back up then, because we need the depth anyways, when our starters are garbage what hope can you have for the back ups?
Giants have John Jerry, so they switched turd for turd. Though Schwartz is starting caliber when healthy but that is seemingly never. Not a bad move for the cheap, though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
A Detroit fan site writer published an article countering a report by Mike Florio from PFT that the Lions were not releasing Calvin Johnson based on his cap numbers and that he wants to play for another team.

Are Detroit Lions and Calvin Johnson in a Game of Chicken?

With no definitive word whether Calvin Johnson will retire or return to the Detroit Lions, Mike Florio wonders if the sides are playing a game of chicken.

It has been almost two months since word got out that Calvin Johnson could be considering retirement and almost a month since it was reported that he had informed the team that he intended to do so. Yet, the Detroit Lions wait for official word.

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio entered the mix, speculating Calvin Johnson could be delaying a decision as a way of forcing the Lions to cut him. By retiring, the Lions would retain Johnson’s rights should he ever decide to return to football. If cut, he would be free to retire or immediately sign with any team he wants.

It’s an interesting theory but it plays off the narrative that Calvin’s pondering of retirement stems from the fatigue of losing rather than the result of years of nagging injuries and the mounting toll the game has taken on his body.

Adam Schefter’s report last month noted that Calvin had informed family members that 2015 would be his final season before the season began. That means he had considered, perhaps even decided upon, retirement on the heels of a 10-win season and playoff berth. That seems damaging to the narrative that losing is the driving force behind a possible retirement, but if there is a game of chicken going on, it’s not one that Calvin Johnson should expect to win.

http://detroitjockcity.com/2016/02/25/are-detroit-lions-and-calvin-johnson-in-a-game-of-chicken/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
VSU star DE Matt Judon has interesting meeting with Lions, wants Taco Bell

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kris Kocurek is not a guy you forget.

The Detroit Lions defensive coach is a loud, brash, likable, intense, hard-nosed, foul-mouthed, tough -- and smart -- guy. Stumble into a practice, and dollars to donuts he's the first thing you notice.

The guy knows his stuff. He's intense

Take Grand Valley State defensive end Matt Judon for example, who was interviewed by Detroit at the combine.

"He was a fiery guy," Judon said. "He got an edge to him. I liked it. He seems like one of those coaches that's going to get in your face, and he doesn't care if you like it or not -- but in order to play, you've got to abide by his rules."

Judon is clearly confident in his abilities, and already knows how he'll spend that first NFL check.

"I like Taco Bell," he said. "Obviously (I'll) have way more money than I know what to do with, but, you know, while I'm pondering what to do with my money, I'll be eating a chalupa or something."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...matt_judon_has.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Draft him Quinn!!!

Lions have also interviewed Reggie Ragland (LB Alabama), Vernon Butler (DT Louisiana Tech) and a slew of other players.

Jaylon Smith (LB Notre Dame) dropped from a potential Top 10 pick to somewhere in the 5th round. He'd miss the whole 2016 season and now news his ACL tear may have nerve damage.

manfestival

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...matt_judon_has.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Draft him Quinn!!!

Lions have also interviewed Reggie Ragland (LB Alabama), Vernon Butler (DT Louisiana Tech) and a slew of other players.

Jaylon Smith (LB Notre Dame) dropped from a potential Top 10 pick to somewhere in the 5th round. He'd miss the whole 2016 season and now news his ACL tear may have nerve damage.
smart move right there

Fox318

Draft him Quinn!!!

Freeman 3.0

JABEE

I just watched Full metal Jacket for the first time. A bit of a disappointment.
Paths of Glory was a much better film. Apocalypse Now too.

I understand why people like FMJ, but nothing really happens and the breakdown in the first half was predictable.

Maybe when the movie came out, scenarios weren't considered so cliche'. It's like a checklist of Vietnam War dark humor.

I enjoyed Good Morning, Vietnam more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom