• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
nfc-1-16-art-gptl7j3h-1sports-fbn-seahawks-falcons-4-at-jpg.jpg

One of my most memorable Falcons games that I've ever watched at the Georgia Dome.

aqDwC.png

Hey remember when the Vick apologists were saying he just needed some weapons and the moment he leaves White explodes? Good times

You put your love out for all to see with that pic up there! I thought it wasn't a secret anymore!

It was a lapse in judgement :(

Forgot to post update for new page:

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins - Chris, SkLa
New England Patriots - AHAHAHAHAHHA
New York Jets

North

Baltimore Ravens - Nakazato, BaltimoreLarry
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - FloydtheFathead
Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd

South

Houston Texans - Mech, Dega
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

West

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders - Beach, McKenzie, OfficerRob
San Diego Chargers

NFC

East

Dallas Cowboys - Farooq
New York Giants - Futurevoid
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl, yankeehater
Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers -brentech
Minnesota Vikings

South

Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West

Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid

Dutch will take whatever team is left

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If there are no critics to tell Tabris how "amazing" these places are, does he still talk about how amazing they are? Never eaten at any of those places but my experience in fine dining suggests that it's more to say that you're eating there and the social experience than the food itself.

No one can actually look at that food and go "that looks amazing!" the same way I do when I watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

Ultimately, I'd rather eat brisket and drink beer at home and watch Friends.

Tabris

Never eaten at any of those places but my experience in fine dining suggests that it's more to say that you're eating there and the social experience than the food itself.

The atmosphere and experience matters, but nope, in the end it's about the food itself and there's things I've tasted at these restaurants that I will remember for my entire life. And also not just taste but just really interesting textures.

I rather spend the money on that then buy some electronic + smoke a brisket. You should really try going to a place like these, even if you gotta save up and decide not to buy a couple video games or whatever.

Doomsayer

If there are no critics to tell Tabris how "amazing" these places are, does he still talk about how amazing they are? Never eaten at any of those places but my experience in fine dining suggests that it's more to say that you're eating there and the social experience than the food itself.

No one can actually look at that food and go "that looks amazing!" the same way I do when I watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

You had me until Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Fuck Guy Fieri.

Really though, fine dining is something you should try once.. if you enjoy it, great. If you don't, great! I've done it twice and I'm normally much happier making a steak or seafood at home.

brentech

I don't use Yelp except when looking for something quick to eat with a good review in an area I've never been to.

If I'm looking for a dining experience abroad - I use Michelin and Relais & Chateaux

I get that, but on the other hand, I just never do it.

As an example, my wife and I generally do a couple trips each year to places we've never been, and we like to walk the areas as it gives us a better idea of what is around (something like San Francisco).
If we decide to get some food, we generally have scoped out a couple places of interest during the day and pick one of those and then make our own opinions about said place because we aren't fucking dolts that need someone else's approval to eat there. Maybe that's just us.

I think like one time we didn't enjoy a place we stopped in. Woe is us.

Milchjon

I think it's possible to appreciate both fine dining and comfort food for what they are. I also think that these days there's more overlap between these things, with all out nerds like Kenji perfecting comfort food with an attention to detail that you'd only expect in a high end kitchen.

Of course, Tabris could make Texas barbecue unappealing by simply endorsing it.

PS: Guy Fieri <3

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Never eaten at any of those places but my experience in fine dining suggests that it's more to say that you're eating there and the social experience than the food itself.

Depends on the place. Some do both well and serve legitimately god-tier food. Others are definitely more about the experience and the food is merely "good."

I think it's possible to appreciate both fine dining and comfort food for what they are.

Agreed. Hell, I've had a cheap breakfast at McDonald's and then dinner at the French Laundry on the same day. I can appreciate both.

I also think that these days there's more overlap between these things, with all out nerds like Kenji perfecting comfort food with an attention to detail that you'd only expect in a high end kitchen.

Also true.

The most true!

This I can't condone.

Colasante

Too bad about LaFell. He was atrocious last season but I do think it's possible lingering injuries were partially to blame. Time for the Patriots to seriously upgrade their wide receiver position, although I don't see any easy way for them to do that without a 1st round pick, the ability to scout receivers at all, and a terrible free agent crop.

Tabris

Also chef menu / tasting menu / set menu / prix fixe is the only proper way to do fine dining. If you're eating somewhere and they don't have that option - it's not fine dining.

Doomsayer

There's different levels of fine dining.

Absolutely, not debating that. What I'm saying is when you pay $200+ for a three course meal that includes 1/3 of a portion you would expect to receive sometimes you leave feeling unsatisfied.

It isn't for everyone, I guess is the point I'm making.
Cap Breakdown for Flacco

2016- $22.55M
2017- $24.55M
2018- $24.75M
2019- $26.5M
2020- $28.25M
2021- $24.25M

To think, this is all because the fucking Niners couldn't beat him in the Super Bowl.

You're welcome, Larry.

Milchjon

I've never heard a legit criticism of Guy Fieri that wasn't a superficial "He looks like a douche!"

(Well, ignoring his restaurant thingy...)

Tabris

Absolutely, not debating that. What I'm saying is when you pay $200+ for a three course meal that includes 1/3 of a portion you would expect to receive sometimes you leave feeling unsatisfied.

It isn't for everyone, I guess is the point I'm making.

3 course meal? That's not the fine dining I'm talking about.

Should be 7-9 courses and take 3-4 hours. Also ideally with wine pairings for each course.

Of course you would go to Hong Kong and brag about eating at a chain restaurant.

That's not a chain restaurant, it's a restaurant with the same name (Chef's name) and theme but totally different menus based on region and seasonality.

I'll also be going to Bo Innovation :)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
That's my lack of photography skills. Here's a better shot, just doesn't show the edible gold as well:

nJjCsn9.jpg

Also I don't own a camera, just an iPhone.

Anyone else see the sad face here? The plates are like "aw man! It's Tabris!"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You had me until Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Fuck Guy Fieri.

Really though, fine dining is something you should try once.. if you enjoy it, great. If you don't, great! I've done it twice and I'm normally much happier making a steak or seafood at home.

Yeah he's not the best person in the world but that doesn't invalidate all the food that they show. So many amazing places....now there's a bucket list I could do.

I think it's possible to appreciate both fine dining and comfort food for what they are. I also think that these days there's more overlap between these things, with all out nerds like Kenji perfecting comfort food with an attention to detail that you'd only expect in a high end kitchen.

Sure if fine dining is your thing then it's your thing. I'm more at home at a bar eating pub food and drinking beers with some loud and obnoxious idiots. When I was a kid I idolized Fraiser and thought I'd be into the fancy stuff someday but I turned out more blue collar in that regard. I guess the "experience" of eating food isn't as great of a value to me as just eating good food.

Basically I'd rather spend the same amount of money on a good lunch, a good dinner, drinks, and some sort of activity like a ball game vs the cost of one dinner.

I've tried the fixed menu thing...eh no thanks. Yeah it's good but I'd rather order something I'm craving then being forced into a bunch of food I'm not hungry for especially if I'm paying a lot of money for it.

Sure if fine dining is your thing then it's your thing. I'm more at home at a bar eating pub food and drinking beers with some loud and obnoxious idiots. When I was a kid I idolized Fraiser and thought I'd be into the fancy stuff someday but I turned out more blue collar in that regard. I guess the "experience" of eating food isn't as great of a value to me as just eating good food.

Basically I'd rather spend the same amount of money on a good lunch, a good dinner, drinks, and some sort of activity like a ball game vs the cost of one dinner.

I'm like half way, I like doing the fancy stuff every now and then but I'm down for a beer and a street dog while going to a show or something, I guess I'm like a jack of all tastes lol

Doomsayer

3 course meal? That's not the fine dining I'm talking about.

Should be 7-9 courses and take 3-4 hours. Also ideally with wine pairings for each course.

That's not a chain restaurant, it's a restaurant with the same name (Chef's name) and theme but totally different menus based on region and seasonality.

I'll also be going to Bo Innovation :)

Was an example, there are plenty of 3 course meals with wine pairings. Number of course =/= fine dining.

Hindl

I've never heard a legit criticism of Guy Fieri that wasn't a superficial "He looks like a douche!"

(Well, ignoring his restaurant thingy...)

I respect the hell out of Guy Fieri for building his brand all the way from winning Next Food Network Star to his current celebrity status. I just don't really like listening to him. Also he seems to have the same reaction to everything he tries. I'm sure he's being honest about how he feels, but I don't watch DDD for him

Sadly I don't watch college so I'm useless when it comes to this outside of QBs. All I want are defensive players who don't suck for once...or get banned for life due to drugs.

Eh I don't either, in fact I can't stand college football but there are enough mock drafts to get a good idea of what players your team will be targeting,

Tabris

Pizza Hut, KFC, and McDonalds do the same thing :p

I can't believe you're comparing Pizza Hut to Le Monde de Joel Robuchon. This one is also unique as it's head chef is Oliver Elzer. It's the concept and quality dictated by Joel Robuchon but it's Oliver Elzer's show.

Was an example, there are plenty of 3 course meals with wine pairings. Number of course =/= fine dining.

It 100% does. That's not a proper tasting menu / chef menu. 7-9 courses is standard for those.

Tabris

This is what a menu should look like for a chef menu (this is much larger then 9 course example from the restaurant I'll be at in 4 weeks).

Chef&#8217;s Table menu
AIR
century egg, pickled young ginger
CAVIAR
smoked quail egg, crispy taro nest
OYSTER
beef tongue, jelly fish, sichuan green sauce
BAMBOO
foie gras, &#8220;chu yeh ching&#8221; miso, indian lettuce stem, green apple, winter bamboo shoot
UMAMI
kitimat spot prawn, har mi oil, &#8220;wok air&#8221; powder
BABY FOOD
black truffle &#8220;chian dan chee&#8221;
MOLECULAR
cha siu bao
TOMATO
&#8220;pat chun&#8221; chinese vinegar, fermented chinese olives &#8220;lam kok&#8221;, marshmallow with green onion oil
WILD HAIDA GWAII COD
lotus, smoked squid
BRITTANY BLUE LOBSTER
black truffle, &#8220;Bo&#8221; chilli sauce, charred corn, shrimp dumpling
MAO TAI
hawthorn, lemongrass, passion fruit
ABALONE
&#8220;Bo&#8221; chicken rice, winter melon
SAGA-GYU
black truffle, &#8220;cheung fun&#8221;
ALMOND
genmai, okinawa black sugar, cinnamon
BO BABA
chestnut, sugar cane, imo
HK $2,380 per person
Wine pairing HK $1,100 per person (plus 10 % service charge)

Hey Tabris you will like this. Last weekend my mother in law took us out to the number 1 steakhouse in Vegas, and I ordered a cheeseburger with nothing on it. Even the waiter was like are you sure.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It 100% does. That's not a proper tasting menu / chef menu. 7-9 courses is standard for those.

Fine dining is not restricted to places that serve large prix fixe tasting menus. A shorter menu of just 3-4 courses with an amuse-bouche in-between isn't uncommon - the portions are obviously larger to compensate for fewer dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom