• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Did you feel like Hawkeye?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Iowa football.
NH9gE7v.gif

Are you going to do it all the time like on House? It seems gruesome
I'll have to do it on ICU/ER months during residency, so it was good practice. Actually haven't seen House. :x Always much more of a Scrubs fan.

Anesthesiology rotation? Did you bust someone's teeth? heheh

We've practiced on dummy's and I always wreck the dummy's fake teeth ;_;
Yup! It was good to get some practice in, feel more comfortable with intubations now. Didn't bust any teeth thankfully! Most important thing is the head position. Just extend that neck as far as you can at the start, and that'll make things a whole lot easier. Even more important than the intubations is just doing proper mask ventilation as well, so I feel pretty good with that now.

And don't worry about wrecking that dummy's teeth! A lot of those dummys have small mouths for some reason.

squicken

I was trying to find the name of Jerry West's book, and didn't realize he joined the Warriors front office a few years ago as an adviser. It all makes sense now

squicken

It looks like the Chargers and Rams have reached an agreement on sharing the Inglewood stadium.

Seems like a weird deal. Like they have an agreement if the Chargers decided to go to LA, but the Chargers have yet to decide if they are going to LA or not. If anything, seems like a leverage play on SD for a stadium

RBH

The Chargers have reached an agreement in principle with the Los Angeles Rams regarding the two teams sharing a stadium in Inglewood.

The agreement allows the Chargers to move to Los Angeles.

The question that remains is when that will happen — or if it will.

The next step is for Chargers chairman Dean Spanos to announce his decision about whether he will give his adopted hometown another try. Two sources indicated Friday that announcement is imminent, but they did not provide specifics.

NFL owners voted earlier this month to allow the Rams to move from Los Angeles and gave the Chargers the option to join them. The sides began meeting the following week and focused on a deal brokered by the NFL in which the Chargers would be a revenue-sharing tenant in the Inglewood stadium, which is set to open in 2019.

The Chargers have until January 15, 2017, to exercise their option to move. If they get a stadium initiative approved this year, that deadline could be extended to 2018 to allow for legal challenges or a second election, if necessary.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/29/chargers-rams-agree-principle-decision/

Panthers are taking rain and winter gear just in case with them to Santa Clara.

Would be pretty ironic if weather affected a Super Bowl in not-San Francisco more than it affected a Super Bowl in not-New York.

squicken

Would be pretty ironic if weather affected a Super Bowl in not-San Francisco more than it affected a Super Bowl in not-New York.

It's funny that IND and NY are remembered as uneventful SBs and Dallas a disaster, based on mostly weather. League got lucky with some of those northern venues. God only knows what they lucked out on missing when it was at Ford Field

Spinluck

Manning's only SB win was in pouring rain.

I don't blame you, only Colts fans remember that SB lmao.

squicken

I was reading something today about Peyton trying to be able to communicate with players younger and younger, and working with David Cutcliffe on that. And one of the things they came up with was having the younger guys watch Caddyshack so they would understand Peyton's attitude/persona/sense of humor better

Peyton likes to put Ferris Bueller and Caddyshack jokes into his audible calls, which over the years his offensive teammates just don't understand

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...en-peyton-manning-and-ferris-bueller-collided

We all remember

Just for the GOAT

P3.jpg

squicken

Chargers staying put for 2016. That's a surprise after all the buildup this afternoon.

Well all that announcement was that they had agreed with the Rams on the terms of moving to LA if they decide to that. So they can still move to LA. They have a deal in place. And now the city has a year to make a better offer

Hindl

I was reading something today about Peyton trying to be able to communicate with players younger and younger, and working with David Cutcliffe on that. And one of the things they came up with was having the younger guys watch Caddyshack so they would understand Peyton's attitude/persona/sense of humor better

Peyton likes to put Ferris Bueller and Caddyshack jokes into his audible calls, which over the years his offensive teammates just don't understand

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...en-peyton-manning-and-ferris-bueller-collided

That's pretty hilarious and sad at the same time. I'm younger than half these guys and I saw those movies. Where were their childhoods?!

Narag

Well all that announcement was that they had agreed with the Rams on the terms of moving to LA if they decide to that. So they can still move to LA. They have a deal in place. And now the city has a year to make a better offer

It's good leverage in hindisght but seems like no one was thinking that given the way NFL twitter was going on about it.

Well it's been happening, kinda on and off since we are both very busy and don't live close. It's nothing serious but we do get together on occasion.

Nice. You've been holding back friend :)

Anesthesiology rotation? Did you bust someone's teeth? heheh

We've practiced on dummy's and I always wreck the dummy's fake teeth ;_;

Never going to a hospital in Seattle.. I'm worried about my aunt and uncle's health now.

Did you change your mind?

It's time to clear out some of my Steam Key's sitting around, only regulars on NFL-GAF will be able to claim them. Just quote this post and say which game from the list you want (only one game).

After much internal debate, I narrowed it down to 3, including The Darkness 2 and Mafia 2

But if I have to choose only one...........................

Anime wins. Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~

Crisco

Banned
If I'm Denver, I keep my safeties in coverage and bet on Miller/Ware being able to stop Cam from running all over them. The x-factor is Stewart, if he has a big game there's really nothing Denver can do, but I take away the long pass plays first and foremost.

RBH

Dear Chargers Fans,

Today I decided our team will stay in San Diego for the 2016 season and I hope for the long term in a new stadium.

I have met with Mayor Faulconer and Supervisor Roberts and I look forward to working closely with them and the business community to resolve our stadium dilemma. We have an option and an agreement with the Los Angeles Rams to go to Inglewood in the next year, but my focus is on San Diego.

This has been our home for 55 years, and I want to keep the team here and provide the world-class stadium experience you deserve.

Everyone on both sides of the table in San Diego must now determine the best next steps and how to deploy the additional resources provided by the NFL.

I am committed to looking at this with a fresh perspective and new sense of possibility.

With deep appreciation for your years of support,

Dean A. Spanos
Chairman
http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01/29/statement-dean-spanos

squicken

If I'm Denver, I keep my safeties in coverage and bet on Miller/Ware being able to stop Cam from running all over them. The x-factor is Stewart, if he has a big game there's really nothing Denver can do, but I take away the long pass plays first and foremost.

I disagree. Watching the Rams play SEA all these years, they blitz the fuck out of Wilson. Force quick throws. Stop the run. Tackle. It helps to have SEA's bad guards trying to block Donald and Brockers, of course. But the idea is take away the easy throwing lanes and means of escape. They also use Ogletree/Barron as sort of the spy/hunter/killer b/c they can run with Wilson. The teams that handle the Rams are the ones that can throw and complete 8 yard pass after 8 yard pass

So I would play single high and blitz a lot, but the blitzers have to keep contain. Let Ware and Miller go after Cam and the other guys clean it up. But the idea is that if Cam can make 30 easy throws for 8 yards each then he wins

e: Basically Denver should play Cam exactly the opposite of how they played Brady. Don't let him throw deep. Worry about him running. Worry about the running game. Blitz a lot. But if he wants to dink and dunk, then let him. If he can, then tip your cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom