• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

bionic77

Stardust bros.

Skip that shit comic book movie and snuggle up with your pet or pillow (I was going to say lady friend but then I remembered my audience) and watch it tonight.

I legitimately hated the last Superman movie .
You're going to absolutely despise this. As noted, take everything you disliked about Man of Steel and amplify it. Snyder just doubled down on everything that was terrible at that movie here.

The final battle in particular was just...

loud-noise.jpg

You won't be emotionally invested in any of it and you can only see a character thrown 100ft through a building so many times before you reach sensory "boy this is just dumb" overload.

I despised the characterization of Superman as a mopey bitch who is completely ambivalent to Earth and the people on it (saying "I am of this world" at the end doesn't erase two movies worth terrible writing). There's no bigger crime than wasting Affleck as an utterly clueless child having a temper tantrum until one moment in the movie TOTALLY changes his mind (I literally laughed in the theater at how stupid that was).

In general, I despised it and couldn't care less to ever see Justice League with Zack Snyder at the helm.

Stardust bros.

Skip that shit comic book movie and snuggle up with your pet or pillow (I was going to say lady friend but then I remembered my audience) and watch it tonight.

Surprisingly better than I suspected. Watched it one snowy weekend with the gf who'd already seen it, no regrets.

Gonna go hate-watch the fuck out of BvS tonight, been waiting three years to see how hard Snyder could drop this ball.

effzee

I'm just happy that Nolan graced Batman and produced a fine trilogy I can always cherish. TDKR was on last night and while it gets shit on tons on gaf, just catching bits of it reminded me of how well those movies were made compared to the usual fare.

Haven't see BvS and I know on some level I will enjoy it, like I did the Avengers, but I have always felt Batman (in film at least) works really well how Nolan approached. No teaming up, aliens, superpowers, and more about his inner demons, struggle, and at least somewhat grounded in reality.

I'm going to a 845am showing on Sunday morning. I'll see how it is but not expecting higher than 6-6.5 out of 10.

Just came back from seeing BvS.

I don't think I ever laughed harder in my life when the first 5-10 minutes passed.

HE WAS CARRIED BY BATS! BATS FLEW HIM TO THE SURFACE!

But seriously. The movie felt so disjointed and I had no idea what the hell was going on most of the time. The first half just felt like a bunch of random scenes. If it flowed better than it did then I would like this movie.

Hindl

What if the real Nintendo controller is exactly like the fake one?

I'd still be interested if it was the exact same concept, just with a few physical buttons set in the screen.Otherwise I think it's honestly pretty cool, but there just has to be some physical face buttons. D-Pad would be needed too, even if it was only interchangeable with one of the analog sticks instead of being built in

bionic77

I'd still be interested if it was the exact same concept, just with a few physical buttons set in the screen.Otherwise I think it's honestly pretty cool, but there just has to be some physical face buttons. D-Pad would be needed too, even if it was only interchangeable with one of the analog sticks instead of being built in
Practically what is the difference in use case between this mockup and the U controller? Almost no one knew how to make use of touch on a controller. What has changed since then?

Slo

Can somebody explain why this Michael Sam thing is a big deal? Is getting drafted for the wrong reasons worse than not getting drafted at all?

Probably would have been better if this just never surfaced, then he would still get to be pioneer for openly gay players. This story surfacing diminishes that a bit.

Hindl

Practically what is the difference in use case between this mockup and the U controller? Almost no one knew how to make use of touch on a controller. What has changed since then?

I dunno there's a lot of stuff that could still be done. Just because the Wii U is a failure doesn't mean the idea is dead. For example, what if you had a dialog pop up similar to the item wheel in Skyward Sword? Except it pops up on the screen around the right analog stick and you just flick a direction to select. Plus that could honestly be the Handheld instead of a console controller

manfestival

I can see why people love batman vs superman but it is far from a good movie. I will definitely watch it again in the future but my expectations were super low and most of it was stupid but man those action sequences were so good. In fact the main fight of the movie to me was better than any of the ones in the marvel movies so far. Shame the rest of the movie was pretty much garbage

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jeff Zrebiec Verified account
‏@jeffzrebiecsun

Falcons announce that they have signed Courtney Upshaw.

Balm for the charred peepee.

MechDX

https://www.profootballrumors.com/von-miller-gunning-for-high-end-qb-money/
The Broncos and Von Miller haven’t begun substantive talks on a long-term extension, but when the sides do resume discussions, the outside linebacker’s asking price will be in line with what elite quarterbacks earn annually.

Miller will ask for close to $22MM per year, according to Jason Cole of Bleacher Report (video link). As of now, the only players who earn that per year are Joe Flacco and Aaron Rodgers.

The outside linebacker’s reported price stems from what he could earn on the open market, especially considering Olivier Vernon‘s $17MM-AAV deal with the Giants. Miller’s camp views Vernon as a far inferior talent, Cole said. Multiple GMs told Cole that Miller’s demand isn’t unrealistic, with the star pass-rusher potentially being able to command $24-$25MM per year as a free agent.

Miller, who turns 27 on Saturday, posted 25 sacks the past two regular seasons compared to Vernon’s 14 and has four double-figure sack slates on his resume compared to Vernon’s one. So, his side will probably point out the chasm between these performers’ production.

Damn son!

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ristian-hackenberg-blames-decline-on-coaching

Christian Hackenberg's explanation for why his passing production declined over his last two years at Penn State reportedly isn't sitting well. The quarterback has pointed the finger of blame at PSU coach James Franklin in discussions with personnel executives from at least two NFL clubs, according to the Monday Morning Quarterback.

"Despite the fact that it's probably true, you don't want to hear a kid say that," a source told the publication.

Hackenberg's most productive college season came under former PSU coach Bill O'Brien, now of the Houston Texans, in 2013. Though he was only a true freshman at the time, Hackenberg flashed great promise under O'Brien in passing for nearly 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns. In two years under Franklin since then, his completion percentage declined and he threw just 12 touchdown passes in 2014 with 16 in 2015. Poor pass protection and, at times, Hackenberg's own hesitancy in the pocket, led to 82 sacks over those last two years, as well.

Its all part of the plan. Hack dropping to the 4th round on purpose. BOB did learn from the best

Top Bottom