• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Afrikan

Aaron Wilson Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL

Ladarius Green Steelers deal: $20M total, $4.75M signing bonus, salaries $1.25M, $5M, $4.5M, $4.5M

Guessing that means the pact is sealed. Looking at some of those other te deals, the Steelers made off like bandits.

I don't know how the 9ers couldn't give him more....besides maybe him not wanting to come here.

but fuck that, how come another team couldn't give him more? Maybe I overrate his athleticism.

Crazy to think what he could do with that Steelers offense.. Holy Shit man. Heck, just in Madden it would seem unfair.

i1zzjn4.jpg

no you
Bionic loves that.. He loves it so much.

Why does everyone love Elliott?
Because he really is proficient at everything and can be the next great Running back

So with the money the Eagles saved from Maxwell, Alonso, and Murry they signed six players? Some big upgrades too. I am a fan. Should be plenty of cash left for Cox extension.

MechDX

Catching up on all the news now that Im home I am just in shock the Texans spent like they did. They just dont do these types of things. If Osweiler works out, GREAT! I am just damn happy they finally addressed issues that fans have been seeing the last couple years.

And the flexibility in that they can now have in the draft is mind boggling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looks like a $21 million cap hit in 2016 for Osweiler. All $37 guaranteed in the first two years of his deal . Essentially a two year deal.

Osweiler’s contract is a two year deal. Leaving door open for the draft.

Fucking called it when everyone was shitting on the deal earlier today

Two year deal...big whoop.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Marcus Gilbert ‏@MarcusGilbert88 3h3 hours ago

These numbers sure are motivating.

Hector @Interpolyester

@MarcusGilbert88 Is taking a boatload of money to go to a team like, let's say the Browns, worth it?

Marcus Gilbert ‏@MarcusGilbert88 17m17 minutes ago

Hell no

Marcus Gilbert ‏@MarcusGilbert88 3h3 hours ago

These numbers sure are motivating.

Hector @Interpolyester

@MarcusGilbert88 Is taking a boatload of money to go to a team like, let's say the Browns, worth it?

Marcus Gilbert ‏@MarcusGilbert88 17m17 minutes ago

Hell no
Damn..

Godslay

Banned
Fucking called it when everyone was shitting on the deal earlier today

Two year deal...big whoop.

It's not really the amount, it's the amount in relation to his experience and production. Texans are paying for potential, not a track record. I think that's why most people are questioning the deal.

squicken

Daniel's deal is a $3m signing bonus, and guaranteed salaries over the next two years of $1m in 2016 and $5m in 2017. Base salary in 2017 is $7m. So it's really a 2 year deal for $12m with escalators if he starts.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

That's not bad for what is typically your most expensive player.

The fans literally wouldn't have showed up this season if the position wasn't addressed. Just couldn't afford another wasted season of bullshif.

It's not really the amount, it's the amount in relation to his experience and production. Texans are paying for potential, not a track record. I think that's why most people are questioning the deal.

I don't think they're huge on this draft class and paid what was probably going to be the market value for a free agent QB. Everyone is getting overpaid right now because of all the cap room.

Dolphins-GAF, what can you tell me about Derrick Shelby?

Really good signing, solid run defender, good pass rusher, can play on either side and play inside, great bull rush, I really hoped that we would have kept him....

The fans literally wouldn't have showed up this season if the position wasn't addressed. Just couldn't afford another wasted season of bullshif.

I don't think they're huge on this draft class and paid what was probably going to be the market value for a free agent QB. Everyone is getting overpaid right now because of all the cap room.

Imagine what he gets if he doesn't play those 7 games last year....Manning made him a rich man lol

Godslay

Banned

$18.5 is on the upper end at this point, based on 7 starts.

Already seeing 49ers fans elsewhere convincing themselves that a Gabbert/Kaep/Thad Lewis QB competition is good.

Offseason brings out the darkness in all minds

Was there any news connecting Weddle to any team?

@JohnMiddlekauff 4h4 hours ago
Have heard there is mutual interest with Eric Weddle & the #Raiders. The Gipson deal could help pick up the pace

@RaidersBeat Mar 7
According to @SI_PeterKing, UFA safety Eric Weddle listed Oakland, Pittsburgh, New England and Carolina among teams he'd be a good fit.

Godslay

Banned
NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 2m2 minutes ago
#Patriots, #Dolphins, #49ers & #Bears All Negotiating With #Broncos RFA C.J. Anderson http://bit.ly/1U7yahA

Lindsay Jones was saying Denver will match whatever is put out for CJ, assuming it's reasonable.

In reality this one will hurt more than anyone else so far if he leaves. CJ was my baby boy.

What's your take on who they should pursue or what they should do?

I think they should try to get Fitz or Kap and draft a QB in the early rounds. Put a bandaid on if for now and hope that a good first round QB falls to them in the first round of a future draft.

Tom Penny

I think they should try to get Fitz or Kap and draft a QB in the early rounds. Put a bandaid on if for now and hope that a good first round QB falls to them in the first round of a future draft.

If the Jets let Fitz go they are retarded. They actually need to overpay. Him Decker and Marshall had a great repore. Starting over would be flat out stupid.

Top Bottom