• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

All set.

In thef future, just shoot over a PM to make sure I catch it in time in case I'm not browsing the thread at that moment.
Ok, thanks.

I wasn't sure if there were a specially designated set of mods/admins or something. Also, I figured saying "Josh Freeman" a few times would probably be enough to summon you into the thread.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ok, thanks.

I wasn't sure if there were a specially designated set of mods/admins or something. Also, I figured saying "Josh Freeman" a few times would probably be enough to summon you into the thread.

Unlike DM, that won't always work with me!

Line_HTX

Brock really fucked us. Not only did he get his revenge by making the Broncos retire Peyton because they benched him for playoffs run. He left us high and dry no communication for days with anyone in the organisation. No signs he was going to re-sign.

Well played Brock. I have to admit.

Texans vs Broncos should be fun.

From what I heard on NFLN from the guy who broke it, Brock was expecting an offer earlier, but it didn't come, not even during the Combine. They offered a deal at the last minute, but Brock was like, nah, I'm leaving thanks.

I still think that Elway had other plans the whole time though. Despite his statement, I didn't hear any bitterness of any kind.

Besides, they had to get most of the defense back. You can't lose Von Miller no matter what.

From what I heard on NFLN from the guy who broke it, Brock was expecting an offer earlier, but it didn't come, not even during the combine. They offered a deal at the last minute, but Brock was like, nah, I'm leaving thanks.

He didn't talk to Denver for two weeks. Was he expecting an offer the day before the Super Bowl?

Would the Bengals give up AJ? Dude played great for them. Luck and him performed outstanding agaisnt our defense.

Depends on how they think of Dalton longterm. Eventually it becomes a Flacco case where the guy's got some talent but you know you're never starting him for at least a decade, so you set the Tygod free

And that year it bites you in the ass

If I were a Bengals fan I would only worry about next year. If they bounce out of the playoffs again immediat....let's be honest, WHEN they bounce out of the playoffs again immediately, someone must go. Progress must be made eventually. You're in the definition of a non-progressive state. Something must be done.

Depends on how they think of Dalton longterm. Eventually it becomes a Flacco case where the guy's got some talent but you know you're never starting him for at least a decade, so you set the Tygod free

And that year it bites you in the ass

If I were a Bengals fan I would only worry about next year. If they bounce out of the playoffs again immediat....let's be honest, WHEN they bounce out of the playoffs again immediately, someone must go. Progress must be made eventually. You're in the definition of a non-progressive state. Something must be done.
Flacco is elite in the playoffs.
Biggest x factor in AFC.

MechDX

Peter Burns ‏@PeterBurnsESPN 9m9 minutes ago
Was also told that part of #Texans pitch to Osweiler was that they would beef up RB position (Lamar Miller) and go heavy on offense in draft

Peter Burns ‏@PeterBurnsESPN 34m34 minutes ago
Talked to some familiar w/ Osweiler decision tonight. $ was a factor, but equally as much so was chance to forge his own path & new chapter.

Interesting.

Rick Smith seriously nailed this free agency. Addressed two major needs, then lose two starting o linemen but immediately replace both of them. I think the Texans still have around 18 million left in cap space (I think) and can add 5 million by trading/cutting Hoyer.

EDIT: Cap space around 6-8 million but can still add the 5 by cutting Hoyer.

Interesting.

Ruck Smith seriously nailed this free agency. Addressed two major needs, then lose two starting o linemen but immediately replace both of them. I think the Texans still have around 18 million left in cap space (I think) and can add 5 million by trading/cutting Hoyer.

Hoyer ain't ever leaving the Texans, the guy can't risk going back to Cleveland.

MechDX

Hoyer ain't ever leaving the Texans, the guy can't risk going back to Cleveland.

You have a PM friend!

CdKXhOIWwAAuxAz.jpg:large

Mike Sando ESPN "Insider column". "Stay the course with Fitz or Hoyer"...is this guy on drugs?

Will Watt demand a trade if Osweiler gets more media attention than him?

No. The media attention on Brock will just make JJ work that much harder on his game, and he'll make sure his crew is there to record every minute of it and play it back in slow mo, possibly with a Jay Z song playing over the footage.

Browns/Manziel rumor is they're really, really, really, really hoping he gets suspended and/or charged with something since it triggers a way for them to get back a lot of the money they would owe him if cut. lmao cheapasses, get rid of the cancer ASAP

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No. The media attention on Brock will just make JJ work that much harder on his game, and he'll make sure his crew is there to record every minute of it and play it back in slow mo, possibly with a Jay Z song playing over the footage.

Watt strikes me more as a Billy Joel kind of guy. Like, he probably racks weights with Piano Man playing in the background.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm just baffled at how the Broncos didn't get him signed before. They had a month, yet couldn't get it done. It's a big blow to them, especially from a morale point of view. Any QB they get is going to be worse than him (and I don't think he's that good, anyway). At this point, the Niners could get a 2nd rounder for Kaepernick because the Broncos are probably desperate enough.

ampere

I'm just baffled at how the Broncos didn't get him signed before. They had a month, yet couldn't get it done. It's a big blow to them, especially from a morale point of view. Any QB they get is going to be worse than him (and I don't think he's that good, anyway). At this point, the Niners could get a 2nd rounder for Kaepernick because the Broncos are probably desperate enough.

Sounds like he didn't want to be there, what can you do

Bradford future must happen.

Top Bottom